Saturday morning chores

izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 11:56 am
@JTT,
I'm brewing again. This time it's wine from grapes. The vines I planted about 6 years ago have finally given me a gallon of juice.
JTT

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 12:00 pm
@izzythepush,
Have ye a green thumb like Axel Erlandson, Izzy?
Pemerson

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 12:18 pm
@jcboy,
Must have missed this thread, but here it is another Saturday. I have outside work everyday. This AM it was watering all the pots outside, clawing out giant crab grass looking stuff from around my Jasmin vine, picking up dog poo from the grass, cat poop from a sand box placed in yard, washed bird poop off the 2 decks. Too, too much poop.

The teenage son next door is raking last spring's leaves that were piled up in the corner of the yard front & back (we all have half-acre). Wonder what they have planned for the old ones when the new ones are coming down any time now. People who don't live in TX Hill Country would never believe the Live Oak tree horror. They have tiny pointy little leaves, curved just anough so they hug each other closely, and are not good for mulch either. Ya gotta get the leaves as they fall daily before they pack, cause some other brown stuff is gonna fall and pack everything down hard, even try to bury you before you're finished. Think oak tree fever, think cedar fever when the gunk blows off them.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 01:18 pm
@JTT,
I think he's probably unique. I'm reasonably successful with some of my fruit plants, strawberries, gooseberries, raspberries , cherries, apples and grapes. I've not had a great deal of success with my blueberries, and I've been unable to grow cucumbers for the last two years. Something keeps killing them, at first I thought it was slugs, now I'm not so sure.

I can brew wine though, usually country wines, this was my first attempt at proper grape wine. I wanted to be completely natural and use the yeast on the grapeskins, but some had gone mouldy, so I've had to boil the juice to kill off everything. When it's cooled I'll add yeast and nutrient.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 05:57 am
Not much to do today, did some housework throughout the week. I do have to cut the grass and we are going to cut our next-door neighbors yard as well, he’s 72 and he hasn’t been feeling well the last couple weeks. He’s usually out doing yard work every weekend but skipped last week, told me he didn’t have the energy.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 05:59 am
@jcboy,
Laundry, we're having an unprecedented heatwave over here at the moment. We'll have a barbie later on, and my daughter's off to a Fresher's party at the Uni.
Izzie

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 07:57 am
@izzythepush,
just washed the car

this is a very rare event!

<it had moss growing on it Embarrassed >
JPB

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 08:28 am
@Izzie,
love it! Laughing

errands. Lots and lots of errands.

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 08:35 am
two loads of laundry this morning, vacuum and some grocery shopping

now to relax on a windy, wet miserable day
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 09:43 am
@Izzie,
I get to the car wash about three times a year Wink
JTT

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 09:46 am
@MMarciano,
Mother Nature does my vehicles for me.
MMarciano

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 09:49 am
@JTT,
Pretty much mine too. If it doesn't rain this week I just wait til next week Wink
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 11:23 am
@MMarciano,
It hardly rains out here in CA, so I will probably head for the car wash...
As for chores, I have a huge mountain of clothes to iron - I hate ironing!!!
I did make it at least to the gym this morning after I dropped of the kid at
German school.

.....but, it's such a gorgeous day today, why waste it on ironing, right? There! I talked myself out of it..... Laughing
MMarciano

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 12:14 pm
@CalamityJane,
I've never been to Ca. Morgan was born and raised there. I was born in Puerto Rico, I told him I wanted to take him there for a visit, I recently found out he's been there five times now.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 12:18 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
It hardly rains out here in CA, so I will probably head for the car wash...

Just put a baggy over the engine and drive your vehicle into the surf, CJ.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 03:17 pm
@ Marco, then Morgan should take you to CA - especially where he lived - Laguna Beach, it's so beautiful there. Antonio would love Sea World and Disneyland too!

@ JTT, a German car won't do well in a salty, poluted Pacific.
MMarciano

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2011 06:12 pm
@CalamityJane,
I would love that! I think it's going to take him at least another year before he's ready to visit cali again. But we will someday! Smile
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2011 07:04 am
@jcboy,
You know living in Florida you have to do yard work every weekend. I would consider having someone cut the grass, a few of my neighbors have the same guy that comes out once a week but he does a lousy job, I’d rather do it myself.

So I’m getting the lawnmower and edger out of the garage once again on this Saturday morning.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 07:57 am
@jcboy,
We got up early, went downtown and walked to raise money for breast cancer. October is breast cancer awareness month and Antonio had $6.67 in his money jar and turned it in at the end of the walk. He’s an awesome kid.
JPB

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 08:31 am
dusting, dusting, dusting

Plus, I have out-of-town guests coming in a couple weeks so I'm going to start doing the major overhaul-type cleaning that I do twice/year.