8/31/05 : Gas Prices

Ken cv

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 05:30 am
I usually fill up every day. My commuter gets 12-13mpg and I have a 70+ mile round trip commute.

I filled up yesterday at $2.79/gal

Same station this morning $3.39/gal

$0.60 a gallon in one day :nope:

When are we going to see the spoils of this war for oil? :confused:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 5,724 • Replies: 15
No top replies

CV Test User

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 02:08 am
@Ken cv,
We aren't and its common knowledge now we did not go to war for the oil. The left just needs something to cry about.

What we need is more refineries within the United States.
Brent cv

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 02:09 am
@CV Test User,
CV Test User wrote:
We aren't and its common knowledge now we did not go to war for the oil. The left just needs something to cry about.

What we need is more refineries within the United States.

What he said Very Happy
0 Replies

NaterG

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 01:19 pm
@Ken cv,
Georgia is upwards of 5-6 bucks a gallon right now, i guess some pipeline broke or something, insane!
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 06:49 pm
@Ken cv,
Atlanta specifically was upwards of $6 a gallon today at times.

I just watched a small bit of the O'Reilly Factor and Bill was arguing with some oil bigwig or some guy who knows a lot about oil bigwigs, and the guy was defending these ridiculous prices. He said that the gasoline stations would lose money if they sold gas at the price it was earlier this week. When they bought it.

I fail to see the logic there.
0 Replies

NaterG

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 10:58 pm
@Ken cv,
I heard there were gas stations all around where I lived in AL shutting down, we hit about 3.50 here, and my uncle said he heard on the radio that MI is under a fuel emergency or something.
0 Replies

lowflyn

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 12:37 pm
@Ken cv,
I recently talked to a guy who interned this summer for a big oil business. The prices are not going to go down. In the late 70's there was an oil strike in Venezuela which costs the oil industry billions of dollars. They are just now getting to where they are getting over this. The way they see it, they missed making a few million dollars then, so they are gonna make up for it now. They simply don't care. They projected making a certain amount those years, and didn't hit it, so we're gonna be paying for the difference for a while.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 03:30 pm
You guys from 2005 should see what its like today. Mr. Green
roger

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 03:55 pm
@neologist,
I'm seeing 3.24 in Farmington, NM and 2.99 in Albuquerque.
neologist

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 11:26 am
@roger,
It's averaging over $3.50 in Washington State.

As an encouraging aside, several national retailers operating in Washington have instituted a cumulative 10, 20, 30 etc. cents a gallon discount based on store purchases. So, at Safeway or Fred Meyer (a Kroger store), it's possible to get up to $1 a gallon discount as a reward based on 10 cents for every $100 in purchases for a given month. Carole and I buy a lot of stuff at Fred Meyer because its a one stop store. So we wait until the last week of the month to fill the motor home, 30 to 50 gallons.
gungasnake

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 11:40 am
Around $2.88/gal in SE Texas for the past month or so...
neologist

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 12:16 pm
@gungasnake,
Whenever Carole and I visit her sister Portland, we always fill up.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 12:28 pm
@neologist,
Really? We have Smith's which is also Kroger, and I think they limit you to 15 gallons. Since points now seem to cut off at the end of the month, sometimes I get nothing. Other times, I may have 199 points. That gets you a dime discount, but the other 99 cents go away at the same time. Their discount leaves me a little cool to the whole program.
neologist

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 12:34 pm
@roger,
I can't explain that. I suppose I should just be happy it is while it is
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 01:59 pm
Last week I paid under a $1.00 a gallon, I think it was .98 cents because I used my WinnDixie card and had $2.05 off a gallon at the Shell station.
neologist

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 02:29 pm
@jcboy,
Can't even come close.
Snivel. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies