Saturday morning chores

Rockhead

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 11:54 am
@jcboy,
mine are still under the earth. but they will come roaring to life in the next few weeks...
jcboy

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 11:56 am
@Rockhead,
A friend of mine has one and the leaves must be 4 feet wide! that sucker is huge!
Rockhead

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 11:59 am
@jcboy,
you have the climate for it...

I gotta baby mine. lotsa extra water.
jcboy

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 12:45 pm
@Rockhead,
Yes we do!

Now that the hedge has grown up the front yard is very private. It’s sort of looks like a tropical jungle, which I like.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg849/scaled.php?server=849&filename=yardy.jpg&res=landing
Rockhead

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 12:48 pm
@jcboy,
I have an itty bitty swamp behind the cabin.

my latest addition is chorus frogs...
jcboy

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 02:10 pm
@Rockhead,
The hedge I planted is growing very nicely. I actually had to trim it today. Soon the whole front yard will be private.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg171/scaled.php?server=171&filename=hedgea.jpg&res=landing
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 02:16 pm
@jcboy,
Yeah, and you'll need a machete to get through!
jcboy

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 02:20 pm
@CalamityJane,
That was my plan lol.

The mailman use to walk through the yards, he can’t anymore because its getting too thick. In time it will all be the same height but the side that gets more sun during the daytime is growing much faster then the other side.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 02:25 pm
@jcboy,
I hope you had a lovely Father's Day. I got a bottle of tequila and a cyberpunk pocket watch. My raspberries have just started to come into season so I'm drinking my own version of the raspberry beret. Fill a shot glass half full with white creme de cacao, float raspberry voda (or tequila) on top, then add a raspberry. It sinks below the spirit but floats on top of the liqueur. I'm drinking them with my 19yr old right now.

I hope your day is as lovely as mine.
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 02:26 pm
@jcboy,
Anthony was saying in one of the threads around here that you'd be shocked at the storm damage that was done in your yard while you were traveling.

From the photo you posted, it doesn't look like there was much damage. Did you have to do a big clean up job?
jcboy

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 02:31 pm
@Butrflynet,
I heard about it but I have a feeling my neighbor Gilbert cleaned it up. There are tire tracks across Gilberts front lawn, which means the street must have flooded and since he has the corner house they probably had no choice but to drive up the curb and onto his lawn.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 02:38 pm
@izzythepush,
Thanks Iz, I did, got a nice cute card with some scribble in it lol, but I'll save it forever. Cool
izzythepush

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 03:52 pm
@jcboy,
Those things are really lovely. what's not so good is when the kindergarden asks for junk, cereal boxes, toilet roll innards, that sort of stuff. You get rid of it, then it comes back, glued together and painted red.
jcboy

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 07:46 am
@izzythepush,
My elephant ear plant is blooming. I didn’t know they did that!

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg513/scaled.php?server=513&filename=blooma.jpg&res=landing
izzythepush

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 07:59 am
@jcboy,
That's lovely, I've never seen one before. We're paying for a week of sunshine with stormy showers right now.

One minute bright sunshine, the next torrential rain with thunder and lightning. Half an hour later bright sunshine. It's been like this all day.
jcboy

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 08:01 am
@izzythepush,
Thanks Izzy! I love those days! We had them last week but no rain for a few days now. I’ll have to water this evening.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 08:10 am
@jcboy,
Actually I broke by bed last night, and I'm buzy trying to fix it.

That's sounds impressive, but actually I leapt up to kill a moth that had been flying around my head and cracked the wooded frame when I landed.
jcboy

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 11:54 am
@izzythepush,
I just found this old photo of how my front yard looked before I decided to have it all taken out and re-planted.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg341/scaled.php?server=341&filename=32084289.jpg&res=landing
jcboy

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 12:12 pm
@jcboy,
And after the destruction!

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg849/scaled.php?server=849&filename=tr1m.jpg&res=landing
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 01:04 pm
@jcboy,
I love before/after pictures - it looks so lush and lovely now. How much time
has lapsed between these 2 pictures?