McDonald’s announces new Sad Meals

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:12 am
The burger itself isn't bad; it's beef. No different from what you'd cook at home.

It's real beef. It molds. Trust me. I found one my daughter had left in her room from a few weeks back and it was growin' things like you wouldn't believe.
hamilton

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:12 am
@Bella Dea,
really?
hmm...
Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:13 am
@chai2,
My teacher made us do this in home room once in high school. How the h*ll she managed to get a group of teenagers to stand up, join hands and sing Kumbaya is beyond me.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:14 am
@hamilton,
Yes, really. The fries weren't doing much. They were in a container together. The fries don't mold because of the oil. No secret reason as to why they don't mold.
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:14 am
some times i wonder if they put some addictive substense in their food, because so many people just keep coming back for more, despite the health warnings and every thing...
but that's impossible...
Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:15 am
@ossobuco,
YES it does smell crappy in there. It seems to smell bad in almost all those subways to me at least.
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:16 am
@Linkat,
i dont like the smell of subway either.

but BOY do i love their toasted ham and bacon. its crack Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:17 am
@hamilton,
it doesnt have to be addicting, but yes there are things in it that are.

But people think it tastes good, so they go back for it no matter what. If you like something, you eat it.
Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:17 am
@ossobuco,
That makes sense, because I love the smell of freshly baked breads, but the smell in many subways just smells yucky to me - almost like the food is going bad.

I don't eat subway, but I've gone by the store in malls and some other department stores that have a subway within them. I just figured they weren't clean.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:18 am
@Bella Dea,
I learned a trick from a friend about 20 years ago. You go into McDs and tell them you're on a salt-free diet. They salt their burgers when they fry them, so if you tell them salt-free, they have to cook one fresh. The difference is amazing.
hamilton

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:19 am
@Linkat,
i walked in to a subway and the guy who served me was practically tripping. he was real high. i asked for beef and he gave me ham!
i repeatedly told him "hey man, you gave me ham. i asked for beef." he said repeatedly in slurred speech "no, it's beef! it is. see?"
when he finally looked down, he said "see? beef!" i pointed and said "its ham."
he looked down again, apologized, and gave me my beef.
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:20 am
@Setanta,
thats a great idea! i should try that sometime! thanks.
Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:20 am
@shewolfnm,
Its odd -everyone once in a great while, I will want one of those disgusting burgers. So I go through the drive thru and buy one of the regular cheeseburgers - it is pretty small and thats all I get. My craving is then gone for another several months.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:22 am
@hamilton,
Well, good luck . . . it works a lot better if you're a middle aged man claiming to be on a salt-free diet. Maybe it would work for you, i don't know . . .
hamilton

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:24 am
@Setanta,
i can wear a pillow under my shirt or something...
my writing teacher's mom once ordered no onions, and got onions. she was very allergic and almost died. emergency room and everything.
Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:30 am
@hamilton,
Was it at the drive-thru? Always check your order at the drive-thru.

In Joe Pesci famous words:
"And I'll give you two guys, a friendly piece of advise, ok? Don't ever go up to the drive-thru, ok? Always walk up to the counter. You know why? Ok, ok, ok, ok. They f- you at the drive-thru, ok? They f- you at the drive-thru. They know you gonna be miles away before you find out you got f-ed, ok? They know you're not gonna turn around and go back. So, they don't care. "

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:46 am
I have two thoughts:

1) apples have almost no nutritional value, they are almost pure sugar, so how is it that we are claiming that McDonalds is doing a good thing?

2) only 11% of people get the apple now, and while it will go up it will not go up a lot, so what McDonalds is doing is cutting the cost of their product because they have cut the fry portion in half.

The dietary zealots will cheer McDonalds on (in part because these morons think that almost pure sugar in the form of an apple is good nutrition), but most of us know that the corporation is enriching its till and image, but we will be getting less for our money.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:48 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Was it at the drive-thru? Always check your order at the drive-thru.

In Joe Pesci famous words:
"And I'll give you two guys, a friendly piece of advise, ok? Don't ever go up to the drive-thru, ok? Always walk up to the counter. You know why? Ok, ok, ok, ok. They f- you at the drive-thru, ok? They f- you at the drive-thru. They know you gonna be miles away before you find out you got f-ed, ok? They know you're not gonna turn around and go back. So, they don't care. "

I do drive though sometimes, but I know the risk I am taking. Missing stuff, cold frys, drinks where the syrup has run out, wrong order....I have seen it all.
Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:00 am
@hawkeye10,
Once I actually made out at the drive-thru (no not kissing) - I order a sandwich, paid it for it at the cashier window, drove to the pick up window and starting driving off a little so as not to hold up the line. I looked in the bag and I had a whole meal. Bonus.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:03 am
@hawkeye10,
Apples are a good source of soluble fiber. French fries...not so much.