McDonald’s announces new Sad Meals

chai2

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:11 am
@chai2,
No, you are.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:12 am
Bottom line: If it's served fast from a restaurant, it's most likely not good for you.

"Real" food spoils much too quickly for restaurants to use, unless they are a fine dining experience and then that cost is shown in the price. You'd be surprised at what isn't homemade or fresh even in establishments that you "think" are just that.

No, if you go out to eat, expect to eat junk food. Period. Salads at restaurants are often more times than not just as bad or worse than the burgers because of all the **** they put on it. Get a salad with grilled chicken breast and veggies with little to no dressing and you're good. Get a Cobb Salad...not so good.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:13 am
I think it's all time for us to join hands and sing Kumbaya
Bella Dea

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:13 am
@chai2,
And that soup is loaded with sodium and other preservative to keep it "fresh" in the bag or can it came from.

0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:14 am
@chai2,
Nuh uh. You are.

And you scare me.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:14 am
@chai2,
Kumbaya my Chai.....Kumbaya....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:15 am
@Setanta,
i think the burger is crappy. I call it crappy.

I think the fries are crappy. I call them crappy.

I didnt say a damn thing about the people. That was your interjection.
Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:24 am
@shewolfnm,
That's not true. You said people go there because they want crappy burgers.
Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:25 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:
Mcdonalds is a SPOT for cheap fries and crappy burgers. People want that , that is why they go there.

QED
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:27 am
@Setanta,
right.

that is calling the product, which is what we are discussing.. CRAPPY.

That is not 'demonizing the PEOPLE 'one bit.

I hate mcdonalds as a product, as a company and i have said so.
I have not said in this thread anything demonizing to the PEOPLE who go there, which is what YOU insinuated.

Keep your argument straight.
Setanta wrote:

but that's no reason to demonize them for making the choice.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:40 am
@Setanta,
I just read somewhere yesterday - Slate? HuffPo? who knows - a diatribe article with follow up comments about how very much people think Subway stores smell bad. There was much explaining of how vile the smell is to those who can smell it (many don't) and why, centering mostly on the bread baking procedures, relative the ingredients, and to the process for the dough rise.

I like Subway myself, but I happen to have a lousy sense of smell.
Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:53 am
@shewolfnm,
My argument is straight. When you say, as i've demonstrated that you did, that people go to McDonald's because they want crappy burgers, you are demonizing them because they don't share your taste.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 09:54 am
@ossobuco,
I'd never heard that. I never noticed an unpleasant smell in one of their stores, and certainly the smell of bread rising and baking is not unpleasnt to me. As my grandmother would always say: "Each to his own, said the old woman as she kissed the cow."
hamilton

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:01 am
@Linkat,
that makes me happy!
healthy food from mcdonalds, at last! Smile
i wonder if the burger's will still bounce...
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:03 am
again, talking about the product and not the people .... everyone knows mcdonalds burgers are not the best. That isnt insulting people, that is discussing product.
You go right ahead and split that hair as you wish. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:04 am
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

i wonder if the burger's will still bounce...

or if the french fries still taste fresh weeks after purchase. Laughing
Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:04 am
@Setanta,
The closest one to me that I've seen is in Maine - I am in MA - I haven't seen one in MA.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:09 am
@Setanta,
This isn't the article I saw, but close enough. People say it's different from the normal bread baking smell(s); the article/comments I read went into ingredient particulars and the slow fairly low temp process of the "proofing" (I forget why). Some really good breads are slow rise, so that confuses me, but the complaints center on the specifics of the subway bread process.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/416124
I didn't read all the comments to this second article - yesterday's read of the other article's comments were enough.
hamilton

@shewolfnm,
i heard a story of a guy with a burger in his pocket, (WHY???) and he forgot about it for a year. it was still in the same condition as he had bought it, from mcdonald's, when he noticed it again...
0 Replies

Linkat

@shewolfnm,
Talking about fat - read this fat inspiring article..

Fearing scary diagnosis, man drops 175 pounds
http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/07/29/nevin.weight.loss.irprt/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29
0 Replies