What did you think of Donald Trump's Apprentice show?

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 11:30 am
Kwami not firing Omarosa could easily be his downfall. That was a direct black lie. It does look like adversities in the form of planned Devil's Advocate gliches have been inserted into the mix. Omarosa could very well be one of the tests and Kwami failed.

The interviewers were more typical than the contestants. Old school, predictable questions which caught Amy and Nick complete off guard but didn't rattle the two low-key, methodical Kwami and Nick. However, this is obviously what Donald is looking for. It's hard to determine if Amy and Nick's high energy is faked as the executives perceived.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 11:31 am
So far, nobody here has been correct in guessing the outcome. I could be wrong but it looks like Bill to me unless something happens in the "to be continued" after the cameras stopped rolling.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 01:37 pm
Maybe Troy can save the butt of Kwami
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 06:05 pm
I don't know -- it all boils down to the same thing. It's not good enough to succeed, other's must fail.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 06:25 pm
BBB
I think the whole Omarosa phone call and lie thing was staged. Why would the camera be on her at just the right time. I think it is a test to see if Kwami will have the guts to fire her---which he should do or Trump will fire him.

BBB
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 06:37 pm
Yes, BBB -- I can easily see that just like Bill being loaded down all of a sudden with all those gifts for the "goodie boxes." It seemed like overkill as a hurtle thrust in front of him to see how he would perform. Jessica Simpson dissapearing is a bit more of a hurtle than a room loaded with premiums though! Laughing
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 07:41 pm
we only have to wait a handful of days to get our answers LOL Wink
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 08:19 pm
After I got over the shock of Omarosa's lie, I too thought Trump had enlisted one member of each team to screw up on purpose to test Kwame and Bill's ability to fire employees when necessary.

The only reason I think this of Nick is because he yawned when Bill gave him his assignment, and said something like, "Sure, whatever. I'm just an employee."

Although I have a pretty low opinion of Omarosa, I don't think she's that stupid.

Kwame should have fired her when he caught her in that lie. Purposefully, or not--she screwed him.

Bill seemed to be feeling his oats, and turning into a bit of an egomaniac. Kwame may be too laid back. I really think Troy is better than both of them.

I really love this show. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 08:49 pm
There's a degree of silliness to the concept but I agree -- as entertainment it's great fun, Sofia. Taking is too seriously could be hazerdous to one's health.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 08:58 pm
Sofia wrote:

Bill seemed to be feeling his oats, and turning into a bit of an egomaniac. Kwame may be too laid back. I really think Troy is better than both of them.

I think Nick is better than all of them put together. My heart broke when Donald fired him last night. Sad
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 09:07 pm
Nick was slighted for being a good salesman and when he tried to sell himself, Donald's stone-faced, cranky stereotypical bosses didn't like him. Bill is acting the part and Kwami is being himself -- in his subtle way he is likable and seems able to instill confedence in his players. I agree Nick looks like "the plant" to trip up Bill. Are these games played going up the corporate ladder? You betcha!

Ever see "How to Suceed in Business Without Really Trying?"

"Well, I believe in you,

I believe in you!"
0 Replies

kayla

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 08:18 am
I agree. I think Trump has something in mind. What if he's trying to see who, out of all the last candidates, will shine in an adverse situation? Maybe Bill and Kwami aren't the last two? Maybe Trump is watching all of them to see who will come to the plate and fix the messes? If that's the case, I'm betting Troy or maybe even Nick. They're the only ones who really step up and take responsibility. DT is always talking about passion for what you do. Troy and Nick are the only candidates I've seen so far who really show passion. But who knows? The last show is going to be very interesting.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 08:20 am
Hmm...interesting take you have there kayla. Maybe there's hope for my guy Nick after all!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 09:06 am
I agree with the thoughts of the mistakes being intentional but I dont think its to see how the others will react, I think its about how Bill and Kwami will handle it.
Kwami probably should have fired Omarosa but, really- does he know she lied? Hes not sure I think and hes sticking with how to get things fixed and done.
Bill certainly isnt letting a little misunderstanding stand in his way of performing either.
Its interesting.
Since we dont know what the position is that is going to be filled its hard to see who will work best.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 11:19 am
Diane told Kwame she'd talked to Omarosa.
Kwame asked Omarosa immediately after the phone call if she'd talked to Diane.
Omarosa said No.

If I were auditioning for Trump's apprentice, I would have excused myself, gone to Diane's office, confirmed her story (Diane is the 'pretend client of Kwame)--then apologized, admitted an error had occured which would be handled immediately.

I would have given her Troy's number, and explained the responsibility for Logistics was now reassigned to a much more efficient member of my team.

And gone straight back to fire Omarosa, and given Troy the assignment. I might have even called a more loyal member of Bill's team and tried to hire them. You have to think out of the box. Close proximity to a superstar could have lured a Bill teammate over.

It would've scored points with Trump.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 11:41 am
Sofia
Sofia, a very astute and wise analysis. I agree with you.
(Don't faint :wink: )

BBB
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 11:43 am
I KNEW it would happen one day.
<big smile>
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 11:51 am
Sofia
Sofia, well, it is Easter weekend and I'm scared I will encounter our wacky wabbit.

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 11:58 am
LOL!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 12:55 pm
There's a wacky wabbit loose? I'll look in my washer and see if it's hold up there. It's a Westinghouse so the wabbit might be westing.
0 Replies