What did you think of Donald Trump's Apprentice show?

husker

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 09:11 am
doglover wrote:
I think The Apprentice is going to get higher ratings than Survivor is primarily because The Apprentice is going to be a two hour live telecast.

Mark Burnett is a fasctinating guy. Dateline did a piece on him last night. He fought in the Falkland war 20 years ago. He's keenly aware of what makes people tick and he's a shrewed businessman to boot. He's a very cool (and rich) guy. Cool

thought about the same thing
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 09:12 am
oh I forgot in my house we have to squeeze in American Idol - OUCH
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 09:13 am
Burnett and the Donald are on the Today Show as I type.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 09:21 am
well I don't have a TV at the office - so we will be expecting a rundown later - TIA
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:06 am
All the contestants were on with him and to me, in somewhat different personas (especially Omarosa) than we saw on the show. Kwame and Bill were, of course, missing. The Donald admitted that physical presence including looks does play a role. He also said that all of them could head up a company which was pure hype.

In business it can be just good grooming and it does give credence to the notion of "the corporate robot."
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 12:33 pm
Edit (Moderator): Link removed
to benefit the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation

hope this is with in the TOS?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 12:53 pm
As long as it is not a site you have a financial interest in or own.

Thanks, husker -- that could be some fun gear. Very Happy
0 Replies

musica

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 03:38 pm
prop selling for AIDS sounds like an interesting thing to do. is that little piece of something that fell on Omarosa's head for sale?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 09:46 pm
I thought the show tonight was terrific! I went into into it not really favoring either Quame or Bill. But, after watching them each perform in their roll of boss, I thought Bill clearly did a better job as manager. He was strong, energetic, yet managed to keep his cool. I thought the golf tournament went off really well.

Quame, on the other hand, did a poor job as boss. He was too laid back, did not take control at all. While the concert went off as planned, the events leading up to the concert were less than perfect. When Donald Trump came to meet Jessica and she wasn't there, he looked pissed. Quame should have fired Omorosa the minute he caught her in a lie.

When it came to the boardroom, I thought it was interesting that Donald Trump asked Quame why he picked Omorosa early on. That was his first bad decision. I think Omorosa was a major contributor to Quame's losing. I was so happy for Bill when he won.

Tonight's show was a welcome relief from all the crap that is going on in the world right now. It was the kind of entertainment that you can become absorbed in and forget all your problems and cares. Entertainment like that doesn't come along often enough. Thanks to Mark Burnett and Donald Trump for bringing us along for the ride and the opportunity to share in someone's opportunity and good fortune.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 09:50 pm
I really liked Kwame, but, yep, too laid back, and too Omarosa-havin'.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 09:52 pm
Sofia wrote:
I really liked Kwame, but, yep, too laid back, and too Omarosa-havin'.

I think sex was a factor here. I think maybe Kwame had the hots for Omorosa in spite of her ineptitude and decietful ways and maybe wanted to get some.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:07 pm
I was thinking it was some sort of racial solidarity.

Or, it could just be that Heidi was the only one left, and he thought O wasn't any worse than Heidi......

nah.

For some reason, I didn't think O was Kwame's type.

(I cannot believe she wasn't lying on purpose. She's LOW.)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:15 pm
BBB
I thought when Bill and Kwame were told to choose their team members, both of them would have been better off by not choosing Omorosa for their team. I don't think Trump would have forced anyone to accept her. Omorosa undermined every one she was paired with and she deserved to be shunned. Choosing Omorosa was a major mistake that cost Kwame the job.

BBB
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:17 pm
I thought of race as a factor too sofia, but I didn't want to say it. Glad you did! I don't know if you saw Dateline Wednesday night, but Kwame, who is divorced, said he loves to party and he loves the ladies. He is divorced, he said, because he still has a lot of skirt chasing to do. Omorosa, worm that she is, has a great body. I can't help but think Kwame might want a piece of her action.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:42 pm
doglover
doglover, Omorosa is married.

BBB
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:44 pm
I didn't think he wanted to shoplift the pooty.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:51 pm
Kwame made the mistake of picking Omorosa up front and then not firing her. If you're running a business, it's almost always better to make it work on a short staff than put up with that kind of deceit. Bill deserved to win.

That golf course is practically down the road from me so I won't be seeing Bill! Be sure that Donald will make sure someone on Bill's staff is there to report on how he runs things. It's done all the time.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:54 pm
Re: doglover
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
doglover, Omorosa is married.

BBB

So.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 06:34 am
Although it never came, I was waiting for the announcement that Omorosa was a sabotaging plant. I can't understand how one would lie with the cameras rolling.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 07:31 am
flyboy804 wrote:
Although it never came, I was waiting for the announcement that Omorosa was a sabotaging plant. I can't understand how one would lie with the cameras rolling.

Maybe she's a compulsive liar.

If there are any psychologists/mental health professionals on A2K, perhaps they could give us their imput as to why a person would lie and sabatoge a person they say they like and care about.
0 Replies