What did you think of Donald Trump's Apprentice show?

caprice

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 01:35 am
Quote:
Born in Anchorage Alaska, Troy spent the majority of his childhood split between both Alaska and Montana. He was not able to pursue any higher education because he took on the responsibility of supporting his mother and sister at a very young age. Troy ran a health club in Spokane, WA for a couple of years, before he decided to enter the field of investing. He is currently building an insurance business and working as a mortgage lender. He is also involved in real estate development and owns 7 properties.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Apprentice/contestants/about_troy.shtml
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 08:24 am
See ya Troy. Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out! I knew there was no way Troy would be DT's Apprentice. I think it came down to his lack of education last night. Trump didn't like the fact that Troy had no education above HS graduate.

Troy is a loose cannon. Too unethical in his business dealings and way too country boy to make it in Donald Trumps world of business.

Amy is quick to get a snotty look on her face the second she hears something she doesn't like or the minute things don't go her way. I think she's going to be the next Apprentice to go next week. I also think Kwami will be fired next week too. (2 will be fired in next weeks episode). It's going to come down to Nick or Bill.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 08:38 am
I think Kwami or Bill in the end
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 11:34 am
Troy played the old high pressure sales trick of urgency or the "snooze, you lose" card to a victim who was too smart for him. He still has leadership potential but he's going to have to get rid of the street fighting hard close sales techniques. It's just not done that way anymore. If one makes a great sales presentation, they don't need the high pressure. Actually, Nick used the hot button and other more subtle closing techniques to get the client's mind wheels running and they came back.
Two of them get the axe next week and I believe it will be either Nick or Amy, Kwami or Bill.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 11:59 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Two of them get the axe next week and I believe it will be either Nick or Amy, Kwami or Bill.

But that's all that's left!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 03:58 pm
I split them into the two groups that are likely to be competing next week and the previews states that Donald will be firing two people next week leaving the final two for the live April 15th final show.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:01 pm
That is if that's how it is split up and whether or not the two in losing team will automatically both be fired. What do you think?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 04:05 pm
I think the team of Bill and Kwami will both be fired next week and it will come down to Nick and Amy with DT choosing Nick to be his Apprentice.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 05:12 pm
You might be right. Nick has what seems like a solid character combined with a people friendly personality. It's just difficult to tell on a TV program just how smart he is. There's got to be more going on between scenes that is guiding Trump towards selecting the candidate.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 05:30 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
You might be right. Nick has what seems like a solid character combined with a people friendly personality. It's just difficult to tell on a TV program just how smart he is. There's got to be more going on between scenes that is guiding Trump towards selecting the candidate.

Did you see the show where Nick won ten minutes alone with DT and they chatted in his penthouse home? I think there is a chemistry between Donald and Nick. I think DT sees that Nick already has what it takes to be his Apprentice. Nick is good looking, smart, saavy, even has a touch of arrogance like DT has. I've put my money on Nick to win in my office pool.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 06:36 pm
Maybe it will be an every man/woman for him/herself kind of show. No teams.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 07:38 pm
I saw that section of the show and it was revealing that there was likely even more that was off the general setup of the show which will inspire Donald to pick the winner. I'm going to bet on Nick also. Now where does that leave Amy? Who would have been playing who?
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 02:33 pm
Nick isn't going to win. Nick and Q are going next week. It is going to be loser Amy against winner Bill.
0 Replies

browneyedgirl

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2004 09:43 am
Hi, everyone. I'm new and have only watched this show a few times. (I got fired once and it may be a little two close to home...lol...)

But that may change, as they had tryouts in my home town (Little Rock, AR) this weekend. I guess they wanted to get someone from Arkansas on the show sothat everyone could make fun of the way we talk...lol... They interviewed 1500 people.

A friend of mine tried out. She is a former Peace Corps volunteer who will be graduating law school in May. She has a very strong personality. I hope she is chosen. She says if she is, she will tell Donald Trump that he is way too rich to have such an ugly haircut. LOL.. she really will do that, too!
0 Replies

browneyedgirl

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 08:23 am
Re: the above post. Just talked to my friend and she didn't get a call-back. I told her I hope she told someone else about her idea to say that to Donald Trump so at least SOMEONE would say that to him. lol
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:55 pm
I have often said if DT is so freaking rich, why in HELL can't he find someone to fix that hideous hair???

I really liked Troy--think Nick is a dip--Amy is working from every imaginable angle (on her back is the main one)--Kwame is also smart enough to be almost invisible--

I think Amy is working Bill and Nick against each other, and will use sex and 'trust' to beat them. I think only if Kwame is a lot more devious than he seems to be, and finds a way to manipulate votes using the Amy/Nick/Bill triangle to his advantage could he win. Otherwise, I think Amy will dust them all.

~edited to clarify unintelligible prattle~
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 08:37 pm
Wow, we've got some diverse opinions here. It will make watching the final show even more interesting.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 08:34 am
Omarosa - fire her arse! Seems like she lied and if Kwami cannot see it yet. I saw her on Oprah yesterday - no impressed at all.
Geesh over a million applied for the next show.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 09:54 am
I think Omorosa was planted on the show by Mark Burnett to drive the ratings up. Last night she proved that she's not only lazy and incompetent but a liar as well.

Since Kwami is the boss, can't HE fire her?
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 11:22 am
Agree with doglover as to Omorosa's being a plant. Realizing that the cameras are rolling, no one who is bright enough to get on the program would do as many stupidly negative things as she.
0 Replies