What did you think of Donald Trump's Apprentice show?

husker

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 08:03 am
Omorosa - I do not like this lady!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 08:05 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Kwame made the mistake of picking Omorosa up front and then not firing her. If you're running a business, it's almost always better to make it work on a short staff than put up with that kind of deceit. Bill deserved to win.

That golf course is practically down the road from me so I won't be seeing Bill! Be sure that Donald will make sure someone on Bill's staff is there to report on how he runs things. It's done all the time.

It's kind of like - I'm making you a boss! But just in case I have these other people looking over your shoulder and watching your back!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 08:25 am
Flyboy
Flyboy, Amorosa never liked any of the candidates. She acted only in her own self-interest. She apparently decided the way to win was to sabotage her competition to gain ascendancy. What she forgot, and what brought her down, is that it is not enough to undermine your competition, you must also have leadership and business skills to fill the job requirements. That she lacked those skills made her look like pathetic, scheming manipulator.

Apparently some of the other women (I hope this is not a female trait)also thought the same tactic would work for them. When using their sexuality got excessive and there were warnings, they tried sabotage, and then failed to produce results because of a lack of skill.

I think Trump and the show producer kept Amarosa around for so long is because her antics added conflict to the show making it more interesting to the audience and higher ratings. Read that MONEY!

BBB
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 08:49 am
What do you guys think about Sam and the $200,000 - WOW
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 08:51 am
Sam
Has anyone checked to see if it was Monopoly money? Laughing

Was Trump embarrassed by the offer?

BBB
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 08:52 am
Bill's business before Trump
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 09:24 am
I've worked for small and large corporations and have had many corporate executive clients and they do plant employees under the key managers who are basically spies and whistleblowers.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 09:37 am
Lightwizard wrote:
I've worked for small and large corporations and have had many corporate executive clients and they do plant employees under the key managers who are basically spies and whistleblowers.

Same here - but I tend to be like a Cop, Sheriff, or the Police Dog :wink:
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 09:52 am
Just watch what you're sniffing there! Very Happy
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 11:36 am
Bill, incidentally, is dating one of the Bachelorettes and tried out for the show "The Bachelor."
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 01:12 pm
When you know you have a product - your a fool to not try and sell it - seems Bill knows his ins and outs Wink
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 04:00 pm
So does Donald -- he owns the Miss Universe show. Is this show truly reality or is there something fishy? He was put on the spot about Omarosa being told to play the Devil's Advocate and was reticent to give a viable answer.
0 Replies

sergioq

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:55 am
Omorosa
i don't get it! i was so sure that it would be revelaed thursday night the omarosa was a plant. if they admitted, it would all make sense, and be kosher.

but not addressing the issue? especially when so many people seemed to believe it, comes off sneaky and weasly. and it makes me think what else was 'manipulated' in this reality show???????

i even made a prediction on my website Edit (Moderator): Link Removed and am shocked it didn't come true.

they will ahev to address this issue (accept or deny) before they air the NEXT apprentice. otherwise i am not too sure i will be watching a "reality" tv show....
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:20 am
segioq -- yea! Welcome to A2K. You've hit on it. Why would anyone with any brains actually lie twice in front of the cameras? Was the Big O told something like that would be edited out? Or was she they told it was a test of Kwame's managerial decisiveness? I'm sure everyone has signed a document sworn to secrecy and I don't believe they all left empty handed. Donald brought up that they likely all received great job offers. Is that all?
I'm not willing to give the show even a C for credibility.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:22 am
BTW, although you didn't provide a clickable link, please read the TOS that you checked off when joining as it does not allow promoting other sites you have an interest in.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 04:55 pm
Kwame seems to be doing OK...so does Amy. Sam and Omarosa are still losers:

Quote:
The Donald may have fired Kwame Jackson, but the Harvard MBA and Apprentice runner-up is still a hot commodity.

After the finale wrapped, leaving Kwame in second place before about 28 million viewers, the 29-year-old New Yorker was quick to prove that he is, by no means, a loser.

At The Apprentice afterparty, Kwame was reportedly offered a cushy position managing one of the portfolios of Mark Cuban, billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks, according to Extra and starmagazine.com.

The Internet mogul reportedly waited for hours to gain the runner-up's ear and spring the job offer on him.

"I'm deciding and we're going to be talking," Kwame told Extra. "I mean, I'm just flattered that he waited around for me." (Star's Website reports that Kwame accepted the position.)

Then there's the offer from KFC--$25,000 for a week spent helping the company introduce its new oven-roasted chicken line. Will Kwame bite?

"Once we negotiate a higher fee, yes," he told tvguide.com.

That's not all on Kwame's plate--Star further reports that he is planning to produce a documentary about Florida State football coach Bobby Bowden and his talent for coaching black athletes. (Bowden is white.)

Kwame reportedly plans to launch Legacy Communications-- the shingle under which he'll produce his film, for which he hopes to raise $2.5 million. He's tapped Pumping Iron writer and director George Butler to helm the project.

As if any more proof were needed that Kwame is this year's answer to Clay Aiken, Star reports that he's been personally invited to accompany Greta Van Susteren to the White House correspondents dinner on May 1. (Susteren made waves when she invited Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne to serve as her dates two years ago.)

How's that skyscraper project lookin' now, Bill?

Perhaps trying to strike while the Donald is happy, several of the booted Apprentices are still attempting to cozy up to Trump, despite being fired over the course of the season.

Sam, the season's most eccentric firee, continued to display a flair for the bizarre by offering Trump a suitcase stuffed with $250,000 in exchange for a job. The Donald accepted the suitcase on air, but has yet to issue an edict as to whether Sam is hired or merely out a lot of money.

And then there's the women everyone loves to hate: Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth. While Trump hinted that Omarosa may make an appearance in season two of The Apprentice, reports indicate that the show's villain isn't one of the mogul's favorites.

According to Us Weekly, Omarosa begged for a gig as one of the judges at Trump's Miss USA pageant in Los Angeles on April 12--but to no avail.

"There was no way we were going to make her a judge," a pageant source told Us. "Mr. Trump is annoyed."

Trump has reportedly put an offer on the table for last blonde standing, Amy Henry--a job managing the sales team at Trump World Tower.

"He offered me a job and called on two occasions to make sure I was still interested," Amy told Us Weekly. She had yet to accept the position.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 06:55 pm
My-O-My Curiouser and curiouser. Good for Kwame and although Amy was fired for a lackluster interview, I could have predicted The Donald would find a place for her in the organization. She seems to be capable of managing a sales force but so does Nick. I don't believe Nick will be selling copiers much longer if he is at all.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 10:52 am
ADIOS Omarosa
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 10:54 am
husker wrote:

I can't stand her condescending tone and smarmy attitude.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 10:58 am
Too much like the Afro-American version of one of my bosses at an art gallery chain.
0 Replies