Why are there still cat-owners on this site?

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 06:47 am
Well, there's got to be some-one further down the food-chain than Australians!! Twisted Evil

And I don't think we can oust anyone with a 'V' in their name.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 7,159 • Replies: 116
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 07:01 am
I love cats.

Loving cats is a sign that one has evolved to a high level - since they will not be submissive, nor worship humans.....
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 07:08 am
I'm afraid that I have to agree with Deb, Mr. S. Cats are a far superior animal; they don't whore their love away like dogs. One has to build up trust. They're smarter and more emotionally able.

Cats rule.

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 07:11 am
Not to repeat myself but........

If you woke tomorrow and your dog was as big as a tiger, your dog would bark to be let out, wag his tail, lick your face and fetch your paper with love.

If you woke up tomorrow and your cat was as big as a tiger it would break your neck and then bat you around and play with you before diemboweling you and eating you. Hopefully you would die instantly.
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 07:23 am
Cats are truly low maintenance compared to dogs.
They have soft flexible little bodies instead of ridgid ones. They don't yap. I adore them!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 07:32 am
Hey, Bear, some people might like being batted around by a monster-size cat. In fact, some people say that they take drugs to achieve this feeling. What bothers some guys about cats is that they aren't instantly in charge of them. Cats are truly loveable creatures; I bet that, if we had to decide on either a world without cats or a world without dogs, the latter would be chosen.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 07:36 am
Yep - like I said - cats don't grovel!

(I love dogs, too!)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 07:39 am
I love cats as well, but then I love all animals. As if you all didn't already know ;-)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 07:44 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Hey, Bear, some people might like being batted around by a monster-size cat. In fact, some people say that they take drugs to achieve this feeling. What bothers some guys about cats is that they aren't instantly in charge of them. Cats are truly loveable creatures; I bet that, if we had to decide on either a world without cats or a world without dogs, the latter would be chosen.

a cliche-ish argument for cats. cats stink, they piss everywhere if they get angry, and forget how to use their litterboxes. They don't respond to requests and commands, not because they're independent, but because they're not smart enough to understand you.

If I wanted to have something around the house that I poured money into and received affection and companionship in return for it only when the receipient felt like it, I'd take on a second wife....... Razz
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 07:48 am
I don't understand how people can keep something as nasty as a cat in there house. Just about all my friends have two house cats, I just cringe when I'm in their home, seems so unclean.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 07:53 am
Cat's are actually very clean. I for one love dogs, but would never have one because they're too much work.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 07:57 am
Cats behave fine... if trained to respect properly. You can't expect everything to be perfect from day 1.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 08:05 am
I've told this story once before, I believe, but since the subject matter is appropriate, I'll tell it again.

It concerns a comic strip I saw years ago. Two young boys were sitting on their stairway and a cat was walking down the sidewalk in front of them. One of the little boys points to the cat and says to his friend, "You know, I heard my older brother on the phone last night and he's actually eaten one of them."

I'll be here all of the week.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 08:08 am
*comedy drumroll* Very Happy. Good one, Gus; your ability to turn every post into smut both amazes AND inspires me.

I can imagine the Gus Comedy tour; you should try it.

0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 08:10 am
LOL!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 08:11 am
Thanks for the vote of confidence, drom. I'm here for you.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 08:16 am
No problem, Gus. I could be your marketer, and set gigs up for you in incredibly inapt places like Elementary schools and OAP's homes, and then you could fire me, eventually.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 08:18 am
Re: Why are there still cat-owners on this site?
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Well, there's got to be some-one further down the food-chain than Australians!! Twisted Evil

Nope
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 08:21 am
Montana wrote:
Cat's are actually very clean. I for one love dogs, but would never have one because they're too much work.

I do NOT buy the cats are clean argument, they do a lot of self grooming but that doesn't mean they promote a clean environment. The hair is everywhere, they rub against, and scratch everything to leave their scent, this is not what I call clean. Not to mention scratching in their crap box then walking on kitchen counter tops or where ever they want to go.

The 'cats are clean' thing is just house cat owners denial.
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 08:35 am
My little Matilda washes my hand everynight, just before she goes to sleep snuggled between me and my wife.
0 Replies