Why are there still cat-owners on this site?

Misti26

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:13 pm
Msolga, right, she's wondering what the birds out front are up to, and wondering when our photo session will end so she can get out there to them ... well, as far as the screen door anyway, then it's a screeching halt!!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 02:18 am
Misti

(pardon the digression, everyone)

What a delightful avatar! You & whom? Your grandson? You both look so contented. Lovely! Very Happy
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 02:43 am
Msolga, I was going to comment on that, too! Isn't that a lovely picture? :-)
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 03:18 am
You wouldn't know by my avatar and screen name, but I'm actually a cat owner. I've never had a dog and I prefer cats. I think they are cleaner. Though, I think when it's time to get a new pet I may try a small dog. You can't train a cat to fetch you another beer and I don't even want to think about how much furniture I've lost because my cat uses it as a scratch post. You can teach Dogs not to destroy furniture.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 03:24 am
Hmmmmmm ... Good luck!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 04:34 am
Our cats do not destroy furniture! They leave hair on everything - but don't destroy! Good cats! :-) And there is another very important difference between cats and dogs, roverroad. Cats have their litter box - dogs have to be taken for a walk! Oh, I can hear our neighbour going for a walk with the dog every morning at six. It is a very sweet dog - but still... at six? Every morning?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 7 May, 2004 10:23 pm
I agree Urs53, cats wouldn't want to walk at that time anyway:)
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 10:14 pm
ossobuco wrote:
But... where is Mr. Stillwater?

Coming back, Os matey, coming back.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 10:30 pm
it's about time. what else is there to do in oz anyway?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 10:34 pm
roverroad wrote:
You can teach Dogs not to destroy furniture.

You can't possibly believe how destructive a bored dog can be. Do NOT let your new dog become bored.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 11:34 pm
I'll concede that my 3.5 pound MI-KI once destroyed a $3,000 leather sofa. I never would have believed he had it in him.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 11:39 pm
what is a mi ki? little sweetie poops?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 11:39 pm
what is a mi ki? little sweetie poops?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 11:54 pm
Yep. Translates loosely to Tibetan Dragon. Tiny dog with a curved spine, underbite, long haired non-shedding breed. Damn near silent, sturdy and has a genetic liking for feet.

If you've ever seen painting of the Tibetan God Mansuri, you may have noticed there are always 2 little dogs at his feet. If memory serves: According to myth, when someone dies; the two dogs transform into a two-headed Dragon that acts as steed for the God who takes the departed to where he or she learns to come back as some other life form.

The actual breed died out thousands of years ago, but those patient Tibetan Monks re-created the breed over the last several hundred years. My boy was only the 8th generation out of the monastery. Pound for pound, expensive as hell, but for an intelligent, energetic yet silent little guy with an awesome personality, they are worth every penny. I was looking for an English Mastiff when I found him.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:54 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Yep. Translates loosely to Tibetan Dragon. Tiny dog with a curved spine, underbite, long haired non-shedding breed. Damn near silent, sturdy and has a genetic liking for feet.

If you've ever seen painting of the Tibetan God Mansuri, you may have noticed there are always 2 little dogs at his feet. If memory serves: According to myth, when someone dies; the two dogs transform into a two-headed Dragon that acts as steed for the God who takes the departed to where he or she learns to come back as some other life form.

The actual breed died out thousands of years ago, but those patient Tibetan Monks re-created the breed over the last several hundred years. My boy was only the 8th generation out of the monastery. Pound for pound, expensive as hell, but for an intelligent, energetic yet silent little guy with an awesome personality, they are worth every penny. I was looking for an English Mastiff when I found him.

worth a $3,000.00 couch?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 07:13 pm
Quote:
Oh mi-ki, you're no slouch
You're no slouch
You wrecked my couch
Oh mi-ki!

....and it ain't happening again mutt!

http://www.suck.com/daily/97/06/05/dog.gif
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 07:26 pm
pueo wrote:
worth a $3,000.00 couch?
Just about. They go $1,500 to $2,000 and if I hadn't left him alone so long before he was thoroughly trained, the couch would have survived. Half my fault, so it's a wash.

To cute Mr. Stillwater Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies