Is Wiener's wiener a career killer?

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 10:41 am
@BillRM,
Even contemporary presidents have been guilty of sexual indiscretions, but they still maintain some level of respect by the masses. Look at Jimmie Carter, one of the most ethical presidents of our time, but his reputation as our president is one of the lowest.
BillRM

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 10:44 am
@hawkeye10,
Yes at the very worst looking at in in the worst possible light he cheated on his wife however no more then two major founders of the country so once more if we are going to hang him for this moral failing how can we have two men being honor by being on our money who are known cheaters???????

Looking at the history a very large percents of our best leaders was not faithful to their wives so this if he would cheat on his wife nonsense test would had apply back through history we would had been a far poorer nation.

Hell without Franklin we might not even be a nation.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 10:49 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
. . . the verdict is still out on whether voters will stick behind Weiner if he runs for reelection.
That 's what he himself said.

In fairness to Weiner, the definition of cheating on his wife
is not quite clear. In the past, it meant a physical connection
with the other woman; he is innocent of that. No one accuses him of it.

The remaining question is a matter of emotions.

Anyone or everyone agree with that ???

What is the consensus of right n rong ?

(as distinct from making a fool of himself)

BillRM

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 10:53 am
@OmSigDAVID,
An once more where is it anyone business but his and this wife and the women involved?

Surely it is not within the moral rights of congress to denial his districts voters the right of have who the hell they elected in congress over this silliness.

If they are unhappy and from the polls they are not they can removed him next year.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 11:01 am
Put a condom on this Wiener and let him stay in office.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 11:04 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
An once more where is it anyone business but his and this wife and the women involved?
Do u disagree that PERCEPTION is important?
That 's what will affect Leno n Letterman.
R thay important qua PERCEPTION of national politicians ?

BillRM wrote:
Surely it is not within the moral rights of congress to denial his districts voters the right of have
who the hell they elected in congress over this silliness.

If they are unhappy and from the polls they are not they can removed him next year.
What about self-defense, Bill?
If a marginal Demo fears that he will be out of a job
because of a vague n general perception of the Demo Party,
which Weiner is dragging down, then does he have a right to sound off, to try to protect his own job ?

Note, incidentally,
that Weiner represents me in Congress.
BillRM

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 11:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
First if we kick out all congressperson who had cheated on their mates we would likely be out half of them and that go for the members of congress calling for him to resign.

It would even be amusing to hook the members calling for him to resign up to liar detectors and see it they are fit to hold office under this theory that if you cheated on your mate you should be removed from office.

And last there should be good cause to denial the voters of his district the right to pick their congressman and cybersex under any sane theory does not raised to that level.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 11:23 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
First if we kick out all congressperson who had cheated on their mates we would likely be out half of them and that go for the members of congress calling for him to resign.

It would even be amusing to hook the members calling for him to resign up to liar detectors and see it they are fit to hold office under this theory that if you cheated on your mate you should be removed from office.

And last there should be good cause to denial the voters of his district the right to pick their congressman and cybersex under any sane theory does not raised to that level.
Bill, let us NOTE
that (as of now) no one, including Nancy, has tried to remove him from office.

There is NO motion before Congress to expel him from membership.
No one is even discussing the possibility of that, so far as I 've heard.

No Congressman has even moven to censure him,
tho it remains to be seen what will happen after the investigation.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 11:35 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
no one, including Nancy, has tried to remove him from office.
Wrong, reports have it the Nancy has decided that she is tired of Wiener sucking up airtime that is supposed to go to attacking the GOP, so she has decided that he needs to go. TO this effort she has alerted the party membership and requested that they try to make it happen. With-in 12 hours we saw many Dems go on camera and say that Wiener should resign.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 12:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
here is the report
Quote:
House Democratic leaders began an orchestrated effort on Wednesday to force Representative Anthony D. Weiner of New York to resign his seat, saying his sexually explicit Internet messages and subsequent lies about them were making him, and the party, the subject of ridicule.

The push came as an angry Representative Nancy Pelosi, the minority leader from California, concluded that Mr. Weiner was becoming too much of a problem for his colleagues as they planned to retake the House in 2012.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/09/nyregion/house-democrats-step-up-calls-for-weiner-to-quit.html?_r=2
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 12:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
David wrote:
no one, including Nancy, has tried to remove him from office.
hawkeye10 wrote:
Wrong, reports have it the Nancy has decided that she is tired of Wiener sucking up airtime that is supposed to go to attacking the GOP, so she has decided that he needs to go. TO this effort she has alerted the party membership and requested that they try to make it happen. With-in 12 hours we saw many Dems go on camera and say that Wiener should resign.
Thank u for that information. We ll see what happens.

Has Weiner responded to that ?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 12:24 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Has Weiner responded to that
I can find no reports of comments re Pelosi trying to off him, but clearly Wiener has decided to attempt to man-up and stand his ground. We shall see if he can do it. I note with interest reports that the wife's good friend and boss Hillary was appalled by his sorry ass admission/apology spectacle, hopefully we get more in that. I can see Hillary thinking " dont do this to your wife, man-up and tell the hounds to **** off"
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 12:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

here is the report
Quote:
House Democratic leaders began an orchestrated effort on Wednesday to force Representative Anthony D. Weiner of New York to resign his seat, saying his sexually explicit Internet messages and subsequent lies about them were making him, and the party, the subject of ridicule.

The push came as an angry Representative Nancy Pelosi, the minority leader from California, concluded that Mr. Weiner was becoming too much of a problem for his colleagues as they planned to retake the House in 2012.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/09/nyregion/house-democrats-step-up-calls-for-weiner-to-quit.html?_r=2

That 's quite a link!
I 'd be less than candid, if I failed to say that
the underwear pix were bad enuf (for him),
but if any appeared without the underwear,
then I do not believe that given the state
of American culture now, that his career is viable.

My intuition is that his career will have a very brief lifespan.

(There r just too many jokes n puns available, at his expense.)
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 12:38 pm
Wiener has decided to stick it out.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 12:39 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Me thinks his political career will be short; we have an electorate who still have Victorian beliefs, will impose their discrimination against gays and lesbians, right to life over personal choice, and trying to invoke creationism into our science curricula.

Yea, I think his days are numbered. Unfortunate for this country that a personal indiscretion will destroy a good politician who really works for the American people.
BillRM

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 12:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hi is not in a district that is in the Belt Belt and the polls to date does not support his career being over.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 12:42 pm
@hawkeye10,

Quote:
Has Weiner responded to that
hawkeye10 wrote:
I can find no reports of comments re Pelosi trying to off him, but clearly Wiener has decided to attempt to man-up and stand his ground. We shall see if he can do it. I note with interest reports that the wife's good friend and boss Hillary was appalled by his sorry ass admission/apology spectacle, hopefully we get more in that. I can see Hillary thinking " dont do this to your wife, man-up and tell the hounds to **** off"
From Weiner's perspective, there is NO advantage to be gained from resignation.
His own interests r best served by clinging as tightly as possible to his job and hoping for the best at election time.
At worst, he collects his salary between now n the election of the next Congress.

There is simply NO benefit to be gained by resignation.
BillRM

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 12:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
If he tell his party leadership openly to screw off he even might gain a lot of support and respect in his district.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 12:45 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
Wiener has decided to stick it out.
There is just NO END to these puns.

O, my goodness! If there were an Olympic Gold Prize for embarrassment. . . .
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 12:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,

I think his future is bright, after all Wiener is the poster boy for
all things that set the real liberal democrat apart from the rest.

Wiener is the epitome of the modern liberal democrat.
0 Replies