Is Wiener's wiener a career killer?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 06:56 pm
@dlowan,
jcboy wrote:
I am extremely disappointed in Weiner (just can't stand Dems that act like this, America needs you so why do this crap? Clinton, Spitzer, and Weiner all could lead this country to the heights of greatness, yet they chose cheap thrill over their duties), but pictures of Weiner's wiener were where they should not have been, David Vitter's wiener was actually in places it shouldn't have been!!!!
dlowan wrote:
Nobody has responded to my speculation that the man has been scarred by his name.
Maybe it coud be possible that he was,
but the question that everyone is excited about is whether we can believe his future representations
or whether he is a non-viable candidate for future public office
who will drag down his fellow leftist Demos.

Incidentally:
addressing your speculation,
about 50 years ago, I knew a kid in hi school who shared his name,
spelled the same way. He was a member of a conservative club that I founded.
We met in my house.
No one ever kidded him about his name (except his first name), but no phallic (fallic) references.
So far as I know, no one even thought of that; we argued other issues.
We cared about libertarian, Individualist ideology and promoting it.

David
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 07:25 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I doubt that Weiner's character suddenly changed - we merely know more about him now. Namely that he has an inflated view of himself; has poor self-control; is prone to serious lapses in judgment; and lies profusely when cornered by his own foolish actions - all the direct opposites of gravitas. Very hard to believe he ever had it, if that is what you are suggesting. Perhaps you, too were just trying to wriggle out of a corner.

You don't appear to deal very well with disagreement either. Perhaps you don't understand gravitas at all.

Where is the shaking your head in disgust emoticon when you need one?

I've already lost interest in this conversation, so here, you can have the victory.

Yes, George, my opinion of Weiner is not the same as yours, so I must be wrong. My perception of him must be wrong because yours is right. And I don't know what the word gravitas means, and I'm so distraught about how you've so perfectly shown how wrong I am that I'm wriggling and writhing in confusion and embarrassment.

So, now that you've won, what are you going to do?

(Usually the answer here is: "I'm going to Disneyworld!", but feel free to ad lib.)
dlowan

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 07:46 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Actually, you've got his name spelled wrong in your thread title. It's Weiner, which should be pronounced "whiner," not "weener."

In , or by someone who knows some German, it would be pronounced whiner....I doubt that it would be in an English speaking country unless the owner of the name educated people.

Nobody wants to have some fun around here any more.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 07:49 pm
@kickycan,
I haven't responded to your name calling, or insisted that you agree with me in this matter, at all. I see these conversations as an exchange of views, not as a contest with a winner and a loser. That might be a better way for you to look at it too.

You are the one tossing epithets around, slinging mud, and making foolish statements to rationalize your position ..... all things considered not very rational. It also makes you look a bit foolish and needy.

Ragman

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 08:03 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
You are the one tossing epithets around, slinging mud, and making foolish statements ...

Michael Jackson tossed his epaulets around indiscriminately, too. He also had a fixation about his wiener and look where it got him.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 08:16 pm
@kickycan,
kicky, I just heard on the tv about Weiner, and what he has been working for the American people such as saving social security, Medicare, Obamacare, cancer research, and a whole slew of programs for all Americans.

We need more advocates like him; it's too bad he'll lose his credibility for his sexual indiscretions.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 08:29 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Actually, you've got his name spelled wrong in your thread title.
It's Weiner, which should be pronounced "whiner," not "weener."
I don 't believe that the Congressman, nor his staff agrees with u, Setanta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF5p0LtF0Yo&feature=fvwrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNddW2xmZp8&feature=related

David
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 08:37 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

You got this part right.

The purpose of Obama's recession is to take advantage of people and push them into poverty.

However, Obama targeted the middle class / working class and he is pushing them into poverty.
They all do... No one cures poverty, the cures they have tried only spead it around... You have to take money for the rich in order to help anyone else, and support the government, and no one in government has the moral courage to do so... It is because they have tied government to capitalism, and think neither can survive without the other.... No matter how bad it gets for the poor and middle classes, if they are making a new millionaire and hour then to them, capitalism is a stunning success... Capitalism with Government is our true constitution... Just as in Anglo Saxon and Norman England, the churches provide the third leg of the stool.... They make certain the people will have faith in anything, and that is exactly what capitalism gives them...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 08:43 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

farmerman wrote:

Quote:
Does it count if he lies to the citizens of America,
Legally it doesnt count. No more than Newt or Bush telling us that our economy fundamentals are "sound".
Its all a matter under wht conditions the lies are spoken.
I say he should resign but for no other reason than weve lost faith with him, not for any trumped up "possible" ethis violation cause their aint one and you know it.

That's kind of interesting....lies about sex taken more seriously than really big lies about the matter of government.

Perhaps they are so common they are no longer seen as lies?
A lie you cannot do without is not a lie... It is something people must make true, or die trying... We all know... Everybody knows... But if we admit we know that we are being robbed of our wealth, and our inalienable rights, then we have to take responsibility and act responsibly.... What is the attraction to that compared to living for the moment on borrowed money??? We just can't point to government and say: They are demoralized... We are each and every one of us demoralized... We know the system screws people and we live with it... How can we object, and plead innocence when it is our turn to get fcked???
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 08:53 pm
@Fido,

dlowan wrote:

farmerman wrote:

Quote:
Legally it doesnt count. No more than Newt or Bush telling us that our economy fundamentals are "sound".
I say he should resign but for no other reason than weve lost faith with him, not for any trumped up "possible" ethis violation cause their aint one and you know it.

That's kind of interesting....lies about sex taken more seriously than really big lies about the matter of government.

Fido wrote:
A lie you cannot do without is not a lie...
It is something people must make true, or die trying...
That is rank insanity.
U seek to re-define the English language.

David
dlowan

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 09:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Nonsense...s/he seeks only to play with it and bend it a little.

You're awful literal.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 10:23 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Nonsense...s/he seeks only to play with it and bend it a little.
That 's 1 way to look at it.

dlowan wrote:
You're awful literal.
Yes. I 've always taken pride in that.

David
dlowan

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 11:58 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Yes. I 've always taken pride in that.

Oh dear.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 12:10 am
@dlowan,
Failure to be literal exposes u to potential criticism n complaints.

David
dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:23 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

David

Being overly literal deprives you of joy and good communication and play.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:37 am
@dlowan,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

David
dlowan wrote:
Being overly literal deprives you of joy and good communication and play.
JOY and beauty r of the most extreme importance.
I value them beyond measure.

I love to look at beauty.

Adroitly crafting one 's words so as to be 1OO% accurate can be an art form.
Sometimes I create joy in others who don 't expect it,
by dumping joy boms on them ( usually cash, maybe a wallet fulla money ),
from which I derive vicarious delight, but if I were less than literal,
then I 'd expose myself to the same criticism of mendacity that Weiner is suffering,
tho perhaps of a lesser order of intensity. By being literal, I remain immune
from the need to render excuses, explanations n apologies. My veracity is intact.

David
Fido

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 04:51 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

dlowan wrote:

farmerman wrote:

Quote:

Fido wrote:
A lie you cannot do without is not a lie...
It is something people must make true, or die trying...
That is rank insanity.
U seek to re-define the English language.

David
All you need to do is look at the deaths in the name of religion and patriotism when those particular fabrications of reality never did nothing for no one... It is people that give lies meaning with their lives and the lies give nothing back..
farmerman

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 05:10 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Om Sig said
Quote:
Your belief in that is funny (especially for an ex lawyer who is payed to be a liar in court

But, I guessThats what separates us from those with severe autism

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 05:14 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
All you need to do is look at the deaths in the name of religion and patriotism
when those particular fabrications of reality never did nothing for no one
Is that a TRIPLE NEGATIVE???

Fido wrote:
... It is people that give lies meaning with their lives and the lies give nothing back..
Fido, it 'll take a better man than I am to de-code whatever u mean,
but regardless of those deaths, I will continue to state the literal truth as precisely as I am able to do.

Deaths from religion will not lead me into practicing deception in my comments.

( However, I will leave u to your own decision-making processes
concerning whether u will choose differently.)

David
Fido

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 05:31 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Fido wrote:
All you need to do is look at the deaths in the name of religion and patriotism
when those particular fabrications of reality never did nothing for no one
Is that a TRIPLE NEGATIVE???

Fido wrote:
... It is people that give lies meaning with their lives and the lies give nothing back..
Fido, it 'll take a better man than I am to de-code whatever u mean,
but regardless of those deaths, I will continue to state the literal truth as precisely as I am able to do.

Deaths from religion will not lead me into practicing deception in my comments.

( However, I will leave u to your own decision-making processes
concerning whether u will choose differently.)

David
And a triple negative is a negative...

I am pretty sure you do not have the meaning of literal down... A tweet is a literal representation of a bird's call... I was an English Major in College for a short time, and I can tell you there are many levels of meaning...
0 Replies