Is Wiener's wiener a career killer?

Fido

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 05:09 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
If the weiner does not know that honor must mean something in his marriage, why should any one expect honor out of him in government??? No one besides his wife from his district has given him as much as his wife, and yet she cannot trust him... Why should anyone trust him???

When are we going to removed Franklin and Hamilton pictures off our money as it is a matter of public record that both cheated on their wives??????

When are we going to get Jackson's face off our currency now that it is clear he was a vicious slaver of blacks, and genocidal in regard to the Native Americans... My answer is never... The government is immoral and destroys communities faster than it can build the country into a single community, and under the influence of law and the parties has actually reversed assimilation, and forced people to cling to their ethnicity and eccentricities as unifying points for defense of rights... We cannot expect moral behavior from an immoral institution, but we should see that immoral behavior in government is never an individual event, but a collective experience... Weiner acted out of his shame and guilt, and I have no doubt that shame and guilt are genuine, and come from being a part of an institution that robs power from the people and corrupts them in the process...

What would it take to have self government... We would first have to demand honor from self and others... Even with honor we would want those who are helping us to manage the country, and our affairs to be educated to every fact we are aware of, and we would want to know what they know as well... One of The greatest injury done to us now is the neglect of our educations... We have no power, so the government does not care for us to know all the facts, and then it uses our ignorance of the facts to justify the withholding of power from us... That is the original Catch 22... And to have this, government is continually offering us some advantage taken from another... The corrosion of the soul is an ongoing process... Very few ever played it out in such a public fashion as weiner, but all are demoralized from the top to the bottom of this society...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 05:12 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
When are we going to removed Franklin and Hamilton off our money as it is a matter of public record that both cheated on their wives?
we dont know that Wiener has cheated on his wife, as we dont know what their arrangement is. We do know that friends of the wife say they she has no intention of leaving him over this, so unless she claims that she has been wronged I am going to assume Wiener is innocent. What he is guilty of is lying, but will Clinton did it most of us said "he is lying about sex, and everyone lies about sex, so it would be unfair to hang him for it"......so why the change of rules for a guy whom so far as we know has never touched a woman other than his wife while married?

BTW- how many of these sexting event s that we are talking about happened while he was single? He has only been married for a year.
What ever their "Arrangement" is; it must be pleasant... When women marry ambitious or powerful men it is reasonable to assume they marry the ambition and the power rather than the fool who suffers those character defects... Women are not better than men... They are only no worse...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 05:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Even contemporary presidents have been guilty of sexual indiscretions, but they still maintain some level of respect by the masses. Look at Jimmie Carter, one of the most ethical presidents of our time, but his reputation as our president is one of the lowest.
An unethical people will never have respect for an ethical man... When the whole object of our government and economy is the corruption and demoralization of this people, and even the world, if that is possible; what is a moral person ever going to be but an impediment to the process??? You cannot enslave a moral person, and an immoral person is already a slave... There is no such thing as an immoral free person, no such thing as a moral slave...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 05:21 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Yes at the very worst looking at in in the worst possible light he cheated on his wife however no more then two major founders of the country so once more if we are going to hang him for this moral failing how can we have two men being honor by being on our money who are known cheaters???????

Looking at the history a very large percents of our best leaders was not faithful to their wives so this if he would cheat on his wife nonsense test would had apply back through history we would had been a far poorer nation.

Hell without Franklin we might not even be a nation.
Without honor we cannot be a nation at all... Those people may have started a country, or a government, but they denied us nationhood... We are not one people and have never been one people because we have forever allowed the rich to feed upon the poor...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 05:23 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Put a condom on this Wiener and let him stay in office.
So he can make fools of all the Democrat voters forever??? Dream on... He is Caesar's wife now, to all of them... To look above reproach, something we all know better than to believe, they will all dispose of that member...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 05:57 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Wiener has decided to stick it out.
It is the stick that is the decider in his life...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 06:08 am
The congressman's office says interactions between Wiener and the 17 year old girl 'were neither explicit nor indecent.' Laughing
BillRM

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 06:25 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
The congressman's office says interactions between Wiener and the 17 year old girl 'were neither explicit nor indecent.'

"They were made aware of an alleged contact between Congressman Anthony Weiner and an area teen," said Officer Tracey Duffy, a New Castle County police spokeswoman. "The teen has been interviewed and disclosed no information regarding any criminal activity."
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 06:57 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
They are looking for any reason to force him out of office it would seem.
The Demos r afraid of losing seats because of him.
Maybe thay will redistrict him out of political existence

Quote:
Weiner says online contact with teen not indecent
By RANDALL CHASE, Associated Press – 1 hour ago

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — A teenage girl from Delaware has been interviewed by police about online contact she had with U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner, communications he has said were "neither explicit nor indecent." Authorities said the teen didn't say anything about illegal conduct.

It's the latest turn in a scandal that has some members of Congress calling for the New York Democrat to step down, after he admitted sending graphic photos to women online.

The 46-year-old congressman acknowledged Friday that he had online contact with the 17-year-old girl but said there was nothing inappropriate. The New York Democrat issued his statement after FoxNews.com reported Friday that officers had interviewed the high school junior at her family's home north of Wilmington.

"They were made aware of an alleged contact between Congressman Anthony Weiner and an area teen," said Officer Tracey Duffy, a New Castle County police spokeswoman. "The teen has been interviewed and disclosed no information regarding any criminal activity."Duffy said she doesn't know what led to the girl being questioned or whether the family had called police.

"I don't know what information they received that would prompt them to respond to this residence," she said. Duffy said the investigation was continuing.

Weiner spokeswoman Risa Heller said in a one-sentence statement Friday night, "According to Congressman Weiner, his communications with this person were neither explicit nor indecent."

The congressman said he exchanged at least five private messages on Twitter this spring with the girl after she heard him speak in Washington and became an admirer, The New York Times reported.

Late Friday night, no one answered when an Associated Press reporter called and knocked at the door of the teen's house even though lights were on and people were inside. The modest two-story house, in a neighborhood near the Pennsylvania border, had red, white and blue bows on the porch and two small American flags planted in the ground.

Neighbor Ben Melvin said the media was paying way too much attention to the Weiner episode.

"I don't think it's good for her and I don't think it's good for the nation," Melvin said. "It's a sideshow. It has nothing to do with his abilities as a representative. On the other hand it obviously shows some lack of judgment or something."

A shirtless man approached reporters standing outside the family's house and began threatening them with an ax. New Castle County police took the man into custody.

FoxNews.com reported that two officers visited the girl's home around 4:30 p.m. and that they were joined by another officer. The website reported that police left after about 30 minutes, and that the girl and her mother then departed in a separate car. FoxNews.com reported that the girl, whom it declined to identify because she is a minor, said, "I'm doing OK."

The news website had a reporter outside the house when the police visit occurred.

Weiner, a seven-term Democrat, has acknowledged sending sexually explicit messages over the Internet to a half-dozen women over the past three years and then lying about it. Weiner is married to Huma Abedin, a top aide to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton; Abedin is pregnant with the couple's first child.

Amid increasing calls for Weiner to resign, House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi said earlier Friday that the decision should be up to him and his constituents. In a recent poll of registered voters in Weiner's district, 56 percent said he should stay in office while 33 percent said he should leave.

Pelosi has asked the House Ethics Committee to investigate whether Weiner used any government resources. He has said he does not believe he did.

At least nine House members and three senators said Weiner should resign. He has repeatedly said he would not.

U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, a Wisconsin Republican, said Thursday he wished Weiner would resign "to get that story off the front page." He said the controversy distracts from pressing economic issues. Two former Democratic Party chairmen also said he should resign.

Weiner did pick up support from U.S. Rep. Charles Rangel, a New York Democrat who was censured by the House last year for ethics violations. Rangel suggested that other members of Congress had done things more immoral than Weiner.

Rangel said Weiner "wasn't going with prostitutes. He wasn't going out with little boys."

Associated Press writer Sarah Brumfield in Baltimore contributed to this report.
Maybe the House Ethics Committee will investigate
what he sent to the minor; some things r OK, whereas others r not.
BillRM

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 07:12 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

Given that the police had already look into it and come up empty I do not see the point but whatever made them happy.
Fido

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 07:15 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

Given that the police had already look into it and come up empty I do not see the point but whatever made them happy.
The thing Idiots steeped in Avarice like least is to be made to look like fools... He will be gone...
BillRM

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 08:44 am
@Fido,
Quote:
The thing Idiots steeped in Avarice like least is to be made to look like fools... He will be gone...

Gone for what?

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 10:43 am
@Fido,
Quote:
BillRM wrote:
Fido wrote:
The thing Idiots steeped in Avarice . . .
He calls him an idiot.

I find it astonishing (every time it happens, again n again)
when I see how the human mind can be clever enuf
to rise in life reaching great height (like the Weiner or Hitler)
and then to squander success as thay both did; its oxymoronic.

Have thay some errant lemming DNA in their heritage??

I have my doubts about his "ACCIDENTALLY" hitting the reply all button.
I suspect that was inherent in & expressive of his sexual exhibitionism;
he took it to the point of playing a variant of Russian Roulette.

Yes? No ?

David
farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 10:52 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I think that the representative is merely living up to his family name.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 11:04 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I think that the representative is merely living up to his family name.
I remember as a kid in NYC junior hi school,
seldom woud ten minutes go by without some other student shouting "SHMUCK!!!" at another one.
I don 't speak that language, but I 've been led to believe that it is a phallic (fallic) reference,
expressive of condemnation of stupidity.

David
farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 12:08 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
get a Yiddisher dictionary and you will see that the schmuck is but one of a dozen Yiddisher words that mean "penis".

I went to school with a kid whose name was RICHARD BRANE, and his nickname was , of course, DICK.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 12:25 pm
DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz Calls on Rep. Weiner to Resign
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 12:53 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
get a Yiddisher dictionary and you will see that the schmuck is but one of a dozen Yiddisher words that mean "penis".
I acknowledged the fallic reference,
tho I did not know of 11 other ones.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 12:55 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz Calls on Rep. Weiner to Resign
In my opinion, he will allow his self interest to be his guide; i.e., he will remain incumbent,
unless he gets a satisfactory retirement package.
BillRM

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 01:12 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
In my opinion, he will allow his self interest to be his guide; i.e., he will remain incumbent,
unless he gets a satisfactory retirement package.

His retirement benefits are set by law as we are not talking about a private business here where such terms can be negotiate on the individual level.