Is Wiener's wiener a career killer?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 01:29 pm
@BillRM,
David wrote:
In my opinion, he will allow his self interest to be his guide; i.e., he will remain incumbent,
unless he gets a satisfactory retirement package.
BillRM wrote:
His retirement benefits are set by law as we are not talking about a private business
here where such terms can be negotiate on the individual level.
I know for SURE that u r smarter than THAT, Bill. I don 't think u r naive, either.

It woud not be the first time that extra-governmental rewards have been furnished.
Something can be worked out, if he is willing.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 01:33 pm
Quote:
New York (CNN) -- U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner, who has been under fire after admitting to inappropriate communications with women online, has decided to seek treatment "to focus on becoming a better husband and healthier person," his spokeswoman said Saturday.
While he is seeking treatment at an undisclosed location, he will ask for a "short leave of absence" from Congress, Risa Heller said in a statement.
The decision comes as three weighty Democratic voices -- including Nancy Pelosi -- called for Weiner's resignation.
The House Minority Leader, and the chairmen of the Democratic National Committee and Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee in separate statements called for Weiner to step down.
The New York congressman has resisted calls to resign.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/06/11/weiner.scandal/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

More if this guys wiener press conference....he is toast now, his only good play was to tell the party to **** off. This that he is doing now comes right out of a consultants mouth, being such a weenie will quickly erode his support with-in his district.
JPB

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 01:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
He's absolutely toast. These guys may be elected by their constituents but they're owned by their parties. If he's lost the backing of the DNC then he's out. It's just a matter of when.
JPB

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 01:52 pm
BREAKING NEWS: Rep. Weiner to seek treatment, requests temporary leave of absence from House

Seeking treatment?

Sounds like a Tiger Woods defense.
BillRM

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 02:00 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
BREAKING NEWS: Rep. Weiner to seek treatment, requests temporary leave of absence from House

He may have a hard penis but he have rubber for a backbone it would seem.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 02:04 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Seeking treatment?

It is, I was listening to some pro the other day saying that the standard tack is to blame the behavior on some medical condition (some alleged addiction with Tigers being the claim of sex addiction), go away for a spell, wait for the short attention span American people to move onto the next thing, then come back as quietly as you can. It is all a game, though one that often works. It will not work here, as Pelosi for all her faults is not an idiot, and the people of New York will not look favorably upon this weenie move.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 02:46 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:
BREAKING NEWS: Rep. Weiner to seek treatment,
requests temporary leave of absence from House

Seeking treatment?

O, no!!! Who will REPRESENT me, until he returns ????
JPB

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 02:52 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Don't worry. I'm sure the DNC will take care of it.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 03:01 am

Police close Delaware Weiner case
By Bob Fernandez

Inquirer Staff Writer

WILMINGTON - Police have closed an investigation into the online contact between Rep. Anthony Weiner and a 17-year-old Delaware girl who started following the New York Democrat online after a class trip to the nation's capital earlier in the spring.

C.R. McLeod, a spokesman for the New Castle County government, told the Associated Press on Saturday that investigators had concluded their probe and planned no further comment "unless something new arises that needs their attention."

Delaware police spoke with the girl and her mother on Friday, and, according to the girl's Philadelphia lawyer, Daniel P. McElhatton, took the girl's laptop and cellphone for analysis. The girl's family voluntarily handed over the computer and phone, and police did not have a warrant, McElhatton said.

"There was nothing of a sexual nature or any innuendo," McElhatton said of the communications between Weiner and the girl. He previously said in a statement that there was no exchange of photographs between the high school junior and the 46-year-old congressman.

Weiner acknowledged having online contact with the girl, but said it was "neither explicit nor indecent." The New York Times reported that Weiner said he had exchanged at least five private messages on Twitter with the girl, the latest turn in a scandal that has some members of Congress saying Weiner should step down after he admitted sending sexually explicit online messages to women.

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 08:50 am
After seeing the picture the folks at Enzyte have
shipped Weiner a liberal supply of their product.

http://www.rxzone.us/images/products/big/824664.jpg

Joe Biden swears by it.

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/political-pictures-joe-biden-sample-enzyte.jpg

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 11:06 am
I wonder what kind of treatment is call for in dealing with the disease of dirty flirting with women over the internet.

Could it be having his balls cut off?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 04:11 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Police close Delaware Weiner case
By Bob Fernandez
That was quick; thay zipped it right up !
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 04:14 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
I wonder what kind of treatment is called for
in dealing with the disease of dirty flirting with women over the internet.

Could it be having his balls cut off?
NO; thay shoud double his salary for all the jokes n puns
which he (and his dad) have contributed to American humor.
Fido

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 05:20 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Quote:
Maybe the House Ethics Committee will investigate
what he sent to the minor; some things r OK, whereas others r not.
BillRM wrote:
Given that the police had already look into it and come up empty I do not see the point but whatever made them happy.
Fido wrote:
The thing Idiots steeped in Avarice . . .
He calls him an idiot.

I find it astonishing (every time it happens, again n again)
when I see how the human mind can be clever enuf
to rise in life reaching great height (like the Weiner or Hitler)
and then to squander success as thay both did; its oxymoronic.

Have thay some errant lemming DNA in their heritage??

I have my doubts about his "ACCIDENTALLY" hitting the reply all button.
I suspect that was inherent in & expressive of his sexual exhibitionism;
he took it to the point of playing a variant of Russian Roulette.

Yes? No ?

David
Those the gods would destroy they first make mad...

Om; When you give people way more power than the constitution intended which is really robbed from the people and the institution of the House of Reps, then you will get only a small collection of sick individuals, as any group committed to selling its virtue for cash will be.. They do not need to represent so many so badly... They do not have to divide the very people they should unite beginning with their districts, and they are divided by gerrymandering, and rather than this division being considered a wrong that must be righted, they play upon it and work it to their personal advantage... It is sick to desire power over others when that power can only come at the cost of their power over themselves, and compared to this offense, E-flashing ones smart part all over virtuality is nothing...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 05:22 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz Calls on Rep. Weiner to Resign
If you crossed weiner with gifford you would have a representative with a brain and a political future...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 05:25 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:
DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz Calls on Rep. Weiner to Resign
In my opinion, he will allow his self interest to be his guide; i.e., he will remain incumbent,
unless he gets a satisfactory retirement package.

How about a number twelve redwing up his ass??? When is anyone going to figure out that leaders have to show good judgement, and that without it, they and the led are lost...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 05:26 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

He's absolutely toast. These guys may be elected by their constituents but they're owned by their parties. If he's lost the backing of the DNC then he's out. It's just a matter of when.
Go to the head of the class... The whole damned system is owned by the parties, and where in hell in the constitution is that written???
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 05:28 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Seeking treatment?

Seeking treatment for infantile stupidity syndrome??? They all have that... How is anyone going to know when he is cured??? And how much is this going to cost the country...
BillRM

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 05:36 am
@Fido,
Quote:
And how much is this going to cost the country...

Unlike you or I and most of the western world they have great insurance for the rest of their lives on the taxpayers dime.
farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 05:41 am
@BillRM,
There is a well worn policy of recall, he can be reviewed by his peers in Congress. If he doesnt wish to resign, there are several ways to assist him in accekerating his decision .
0 Replies