Atheism speak your mind about religion

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 05:56 pm
@Arella Mae,
I did say that she had a bad mouth and I asked you to forgive her not to cast stones at her. Could there be a reason why she has a bad mouth? I would think so but I do not know the exact reason!

You are old enough to know that we are all sinners and that some may seem to sin more than others at times but do you think that they can not add value to anything that we know?

I am not asking you to behave like her, I am only asking if you can find any truth in any thing that she says!
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 05:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
I guess you just don't understand. There is NO REASON for her to have such a filthy mouth. She CHOOSES to. Well, I CHOOSE to not listen to it. Yes, we are all sinners but that doesn't mean we should willingly put ourselves in a position where we might stumble. She doesn't have enough respect for others to use civil language. Why do you want me to cast aside my values to listen to that?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 06:09 pm
@Arella Mae,
I am not asking you to cast away your values! I love values and think everyone should try to advance their values the best that they can.

You do not have to stop believing in what you consider to be appropriate language when you take the time to listen to something I think has value in it even though I do agree with you, "it is not the language she uses that is the value that I am trying to share with you!
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 06:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
NO! NO! NO! I am not going to subject myself to some filthy mouthed person! That would be compromising my values and I will not do it. If you want me to know so badly what she is saying then why don't you just tell me and leave out the filth?

I wouldn't stand face to face with anyone that was talking to me like that anymore than I would walk out in front of a speeding bus.
MyViewpoint

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 06:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
I won't waste my time listening to her either. So can you summarize what the lady is saying that is so important?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 06:27 pm
@Arella Mae,
I will be honest and I do not mean this in a hateful way but I do not think that you would be able to read threw the info that I shared with you because you would find it offensive even though I would not be using offensive language!

I could try a different approach if you are up to it! I have a question for you!
When you were born were you an atheist?
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 06:35 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning I am going to be honest with you too. You are really starting to tick me off a bit. I asked you to tell me what she said without the filth. But, instead of doing that, you now think I wouldn't be able to read through it because it would be offensive. I may not agree with what you post and I may not like what you post but everyone has that right.

I don't play mind games or word games. If you want to have a discussion I am more than willing.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 06:40 pm
@Arella Mae,
I would love to have a discussion but you did let me know that you have no or little tolerance for things that you think are very offensive so I am trying to take the least offensive approach when I share my view point in hopes that you will not give up on me!

Again," When you were born were you an atheist?
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 06:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
I see. Why on earth do you want me to have tolerance for something I find offensive? I don't get that at all. Why must I have tolerance for what is offensive to me but you don't have to have tolerance for me?

I am 55 years old. I still believe women should act like ladies and men should act like gentlemen. I think people should have enough respect for others that they wouldn't use what is universally accepted as profanity or vulgar language. Let me ask you something, would you expect to hear someone talk like that in the workplace?

Would you start a discussion with a stranger talking like that woman in that video talked?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 07:01 pm
@Arella Mae,
Ok I will answer you first then will you answer me?
Maybe I am asking to much and I respect you even if you find it to be to much for you to bear and I am not trying to pressure you into doing something you can not. I was only asking!

You do not need to have tolerance for what is offensive to you and I do have tolerance for you!

Yes I have heard someone talk like that in the workplace!

No I would not start a discussion with a stranger talking like that!

Again," When you were born were you an atheist?
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 07:04 pm
@reasoning logic,
Is part of this going to be "where you were born makes a big difference as to if you believe in Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, etc.? No one is born an atheist, a Muslim, a Christian, etc.

Please just tell me what it is you wanted me to know about what that woman said.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 07:14 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
No one is born an atheist

Please explain.

I would have to type many pages to share what I thought that she had shared!

Please do not think much about what she said because at this point I think you would find it hateful even though that is not how I would have meant it to be!

If you can keep a dialog going I will try and share with you pieces at a time with you if you find it important to know. I just do not want to spend allot of time writing and explaining myself on that issue without talking about other related things as I go!
0 Replies

Chights47

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 07:15 pm
@Arella Mae,
It's basically the same rant as other atheist taking the bible out of context. It's just a vulgar display of it. It's really nothing to concern yourself with it.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 07:20 pm
@Chights47,
You are a christian and you expose yourself to such vulgar language?
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 07:23 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Okay, that did it. That comment you just made was totally out of line. I don't care to discuss anything with you from this point on.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 07:31 pm
@Arella Mae,
I am just pointing out that there are many approaches to viewing the world and that mine and yours are not the only ones but even worse is to be intellectually dishonest with oneself!
0 Replies

Chights47

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 07:35 pm
@reasoning logic,
I'm actually not a christian, I personally hate all religion believing in "fantastic fairy tales", but I don't reject them. I'm actually aware of the fact that religion can do a vast amount of good in the world, and for the most part, does. I don't care what side anyone is on, I agree with what I believe to be right. As of right now, that is first and foremost Arella Mae.

As far as the vulgarity, I don't mind it, but I don't believe people should use it in such a manner. I do think that it CAN be used in appropriate times. If someone stabs you with a 8' knife. I think it's understandable to say a few vulgar words.
Chights47

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 07:38 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
reasoning logic wrote:
Okay, that did it. That comment you just made was totally out of line. I don't care to discuss anything with you from this point on.
I apologize, but I'm unaware of how that was out of line, it was a direct personal question and I can understand his confusion on the matter. To me it just seemed like a mere question for clarification. You had such a problem with it yet I, seemingly, did not.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 07:42 pm
@Chights47,
Ok lets say you are being honest but what threw me for a loop was when you made this comment!
It's basically the same rant as other atheist taking the bible out of context. It's just a vulgar display of it. It's really nothing to concern yourself with it.

Please explain what is out of context! Was it most of it some of it or maybe she did make a simple mistake exactly what is out of context?
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 08:11 pm
@Chights47,
I may have misunderstood. There is always that possibility. Maybe I'm too sensitive about it but so many will not miss any chance to say "gee I thought you were a Christian and you did THAT?"