Atheism speak your mind about religion

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 12:57 pm
@MyViewpoint,
If you're just going to parrot what someone else says, as opposed to thinking for yourself, i suspect that's true.

Just so you'll understand, i found that vidoe to be a load of bullshit.
0 Replies

MyViewpoint

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 01:43 pm
I'm of the opinion that God created the "parrot," and the "bull," and the grass, and even allows the BS to be created; which in nature can then be further utilized to the furtherance of animal and plant life.
Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 01:58 pm
@MyViewpoint,
Yeah . . . i figured . . .
0 Replies

MyViewpoint

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 02:26 pm
From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea
Creation's revealing Your majesty
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring
Every creature unique in the song that it sings

All exclaiming

Indescribable, Uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God

Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow
Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light
Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night

None can fathom

Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God
You are amazing God

Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
Incomparable, unchangeable
You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same
You are amazing God
You are amazing God

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=NqMYHmoXMAQ
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 02:51 pm
@MyViewpoint,
In no means am I trying to put your view point down but logically speaking that video had allot of bull **** {or should I say creative} explanations!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 03:05 pm
@MyViewpoint,
Are you willing to have a logical discussion about other religions that you think are false? If so I would like to as well!
MyViewpoint

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 04:21 pm
Discussing religion and logic together is almost impossible. Even the God of the Bible is not logical. His ways are above our ways. That's why we are encouraged to accept Him by faith, not logic alone. As humans we can use the great gifts of intelligence and logic for all the wonderful things God intends for us to enjoy.

“But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a Rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.”
Hebrews 11:6.

Chights47

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 04:23 pm
@reasoning logic,
What's the reason behind why you're doing this? It seems as if you're alsmot in a frenzy for discussions. Is it because you like debate and want to see which side will win? Is it to create controversy, or is it merely dialectics.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 04:28 pm
@Chights47,
It is because I like to share my point of view with others and I like to learn from others as well, that is how I have learned all that I think I know!
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 04:35 pm
@MyViewpoint,
Are you not willing to speak logically about other false religions that are not the faith that you share?
Chights47

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 04:54 pm
@reasoning logic,
Dialectics then...I believe that is the best way to learn philosophy. It's all about addition and everyone wins.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 05:02 pm
@Chights47,
I seem to agree Very Happy
Chights47

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 05:28 pm
@reasoning logic,
...no you don't...
MyViewpoint

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 05:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
"Are you not willing to speak logically about other false religions that are not the faith that you share?"

-----

If Christianity is illogical to non-believers, and other religions might seem illogical to a Christian, then there's not much to discuss logically. All we can do is put our opinions out there for others to reject, accept, or disregard until a later time.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 05:48 pm
@MyViewpoint,
Are you saying that logic is taboo when discussing religions that you do not agree with? If so please explain why logic can not be used and can not have any validity in such a discussion if you would.
MyViewpoint

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 06:00 pm
@reasoning logic,
I thought I already did explain my opinion of logic when it comes to religion.

"God is not a hypothesis derived from logical assumptions, but an immediate insight, self-evident as light. He is not something to be sought in the darkness with the light of reason. He is the light."
~~Abraham Joshua Heschel

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 06:02 pm
@Chights47,
Maybe you are correct please explain why! Is it because I use nonstandard dialect and I am not much of a linguistic person?
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 06:09 pm
@MyViewpoint,
I am not speaking of god at least not as of yet! Did you used any kind of logic when you came to the religion that you rest with or did you go "eeny meeny miny moe . Why didn't you believe in any other religion before you came to the one you are at?
Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 06:36 pm
@reasoning logic,
Ziiiinnnnnggggggg ! ! !
0 Replies

MyViewpoint

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 06:40 pm
@reasoning logic,
I'm very fortunate. I began learning about the God of the Bible when I was very young. Some of my relatives believed in God and worshiped Him. Other relatives did not believe in God and did not worship Him. I learned from both sets of relatives and decided that the ones who worshiped God were probably more correct. (Later in life, many of the non-believing relatives came to believe in the same God that they had earlier denied.)

As I aged I had to study the Bible for myself. Just because I had relatives who believed in God would not do me any good. I had to learn about God myself and accept His truth into my own conscious being. Knowing God is a first-hand experience, you can't be a believer just by human relationships. It's got to be between you and God, no matter how young or how old you might be.

Now, as an adult, I can't convince anyone to become a believer in the God of the Bible. All I can do is give out information for people to consider. Only God can create a desire within their being to believe His words and accept His words as truth.