Atheism speak your mind about religion

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 04:53 pm
For those of you who would like to challenge other view points and to be challenged by others about religion.

Just say what ever is on your mind and don't worry about what others think about you!

Setanta

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 05:05 pm
I thank God every day that i'm an atheist.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 05:19 pm
@Setanta,
I think that you are God!

When you share your view points with vulnerable people and they believe you, "whether you are sharing bull **** with them or not you are creating them in your image!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 06:00 pm
No, this is god. Turn it up really loud so you can hear THE VOICE OF THE LORD ! ! !

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 06:30 pm
@Setanta,
It is amazing how much music is like religion, what ever time and culture you are exposed to will influence what you consider to be good to the ear!

You may be a little older than me but not by much because I can still get into it but it is not what I would consider to be the best only because of what I have been exposed to.

If we lived deep in Africa we would be walking to the beat of a completely different drum and thinking to ourselves how good the sound!

I kind of like it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb9qoEHLgVo&feature=channel_video_title
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 02:34 am
In case it hasn't sunk in with you yet, i don't take this thread or this subject seriously. I sincerely doubt that you'll get atheists in here to play your game, and even if you did, trolls like Spurious and Anus would just come along to trash it. What made you think you could herd atheists into the corrals you had set up for them?
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 03:38 pm
@Setanta,
Cool I like when people speak their mind, "that is what this thread is about!
This thread is not asking anyone to be serious about this subject! but rather the opposite if they prefer!
I was not really expecting many old timers of this forum to come here {because there is already a thread titled atheism and where else would everyone go to talk about atheism?} but that is cool.

What I am interested in at the moment is studying human behavior, old and young Atheist and Theist alike, "When people are in groups and when they are not "so to speak" members of a group!
I find it interesting that theist and atheist alike seem to move in groups!
Are you a member of a group?
Do you have other friends here that you pm back and forth talking about what ever and poking fun at who ever?
I find it amazing how much atheist and theist have in common!
The most interesting thing that I find is that atheist have ideologies that are imposed on them by their environment and they believe them to be best and theist for the most part say that God created them and gave them their ideology!
This thread can not be trashed because it is about talking trash so to speak and any thing else that you might like it to be. There are no rules in this thread!

Chights47

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 04:14 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
I like when people speak their mind, "that is what this thread is about!
Is there any kind of criteria or any kind of direction at all, or is just a free for all where it's whatever?
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 04:35 pm
@Chights47,
Well the title is "Atheism speak your mind about religion"

I can only guess that you will not be talking about football are something that far off of subject but if just in case you do for some crazy reason I would doubt that you will have anyone complaining of derailment!

Basically there is no wrong way to share your view points here, "so what if you derail for a few post" I don't care!
Chights47

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 04:48 pm
@reasoning logic,
That might be dangerous, I have a very chaotic mind and (without direction) am liable to just bounce of anywhere. As far as your example of football however. I use to go to a church (long time ago) where the pastor started relating everything to football which made a lot of people leave...i was kind of ridiculous. They had a "series" of preaching's that was titled "Get in the Game" with a back drop of a foot ball field...it was really bad at the time but I just laugh at it now.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 04:55 pm
@Chights47,
Yes I can relate I have seen similar tactics used in other areas of teaching and they normally never impressed me as well!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 06:49 pm
The evolution of Jesus?

What Did Jesus Really Look Like?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohTzNQNoWw0&NR=1

What did Jesus Christ look like? clip #2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejnz-H5RW34&feature=related
0 Replies

north

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 08:02 pm

atheism can question thoughts , theories , ideas about thing(s) , anything

religion , cannot question , religion
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 09:04 pm
I've said this for years on A2K:
I'm not an athiest in the sense that I believe in a No-god and worshsip him. I am an athiest in the sense that theism makes no sense to me. If it makes sense to others, more power to them.
north

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 09:27 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

I've said this for years on A2K:
I'm not an athiest in the sense that I believe in a No-god and worshsip him. I am an athiest in the sense that theism makes no sense to me.

Quote:
If it makes sense to others, more power to them.

I would rather less power to them
tenderfoot

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 10:40 pm
If you compare religion and science as seed... science would compare to a acorn planted in fertile ground , grows into a oak tree. Religion compares to the seed of the weed and it can grow where nothing else will grow would still grow to be a weed.
Atheism is the seed of logic and there are very few places where it can grow. Well that's what I recon and I sure there are many that can prove me wrong, but thank all "Gods-Goddesses" I don't care a dam.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 10:57 pm
@north,
Well, North, more power to you.
north

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 11:03 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

Well, North, more power to you.

hmm.. I would rather more power to Humanity
0 Replies

urangutan

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 03:59 am
@reasoning logic,
I have to say that Christianity and Islam are cults and not true religions.
Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 04:15 am
@urangutan,
You have to say that? What happens if you don't?