Obama's Ties To The Christian Brotherhood

parados

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:07 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Germany declared war on the US.
Italy declared war on the US.

When did the Muslim Brotherhood declare war on the US?

I guess you want to abandon your "attacked the US" argument since it has failed.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:15 pm
@parados,
I never said the muslim brotherhood attacked the USA. You're the one who asked me when the muslim brotherhood attacked the USA. YOU are the one who brought it up. You are confused again.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:17 pm
@parados,
Al-Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood are linked and Al Qaeda has declared war on the U.S.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:24 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
I didn't bring it up. You did as a reason why a country could intervene in the politics of another country.

Renaldo Dubois wrote:
Yes. The USA intervened when Japan attacked the USA and we intervened in Europe in WWII. Islamic terrorism has attacked the USA. Therefore, we have a duty to protect the American citizens from Islamic terrorism. The Muslim Brotherhood is part of that terrorism.

I don't think I am confused Renaldo.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:30 pm
@parados,
I stand by that statement. The muslim brotherhood is a terrorist organization. I said we were attacked by terrorists and the muslim brotherhood is a part of that. It's pretty clear. Let me be more precise. Making friends with the muslim brotherhood is not going to happen. Their goal is not to be friends with the USA. What they stand for is against what the USA stands for. Do you understand that. This is the problem many Americans have with this president. The muslim brotherhood is just as much the enemy of the USA as al queda is.
parados

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:37 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
So, you are back to your faulty logic.

You accuse Obama of supporting them because he isn't interfering in the politics of Egypt.

I don't think it's a problem with the President. I think it's a problem in being able to make a logical argument. You can't do it, it seems. You make a declaration that has no support then when asked about what supports that statement you simply declare it to be true again without any supporting evidence.

It's why I think you are full of **** Renaldo. You are incapable of putting a simple argument together supported by facts.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:40 pm
@parados,
BS. Now you have to go back and read the OP.
parados

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:40 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
I never said the muslim brotherhood attacked the USA.

Quote:
The muslim brotherhood is a terrorist organization. I said we were attacked by terrorists and the muslim brotherhood is a part of that. It's pretty clear.

Which part is clear Renaldo?
THe part where you say the Muslim Brotherhood was part of an attack on the USA or the part where you say you never said they were part of an attack on the USA?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:43 pm
@parados,
They are part of the attack in that they are terrorists. The organization never attacked us and I never claimed they did. Your purposeful obfuscation is not making an argument. It never does.

The muslim brotherhood is a terrorist organization and your president is an appeaser of the muslim brotherhood.
JTT

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:47 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
What they stand for is against what the USA stands for.

Does the Muslim Brotherhood stand for invading sovereign nations and bombing them into dust because that's what the US has stood for and stands for to this day?

Does the Muslim Brotherhood stand for raping, torturing and murdering millions of innocents because that's what the US has stood for for well over a century?

Does the Muslim Brotherhood stand for spreading chemical, nuclear and conventional weapons all over the lands of other countries because that's what the US has stood for for well over a century?
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:47 pm
Parados, this is the part you can't seem to grasp.

"Barack Obama has declared that all opposition groups should have representation in the next Egyptian government, which essentially ensures that the Muslim Brotherhood will be part of that government. The Brotherhood is the largest opposition group in Egypt, so it will probably end up in the driver’s seat in any new regime, and steer Egypt toward becoming an Islamic state inveterately hostile to the United States.

So why isn’t Obama working to limit the Brotherhood’s scope and influence? Maybe because he doesn’t really have a problem with the Brotherhood, despite its hostility to America. He made sure to invite Brotherhood leaders to attend his notorious speech to the Islamic world in Cairo, Egypt, in June 4, 2009. Starting in the earliest days of his administration, he showed an intense desire to establish friendly ties with Brotherhood-linked organizations—despite the Brotherhood’s stated goal of “eliminating and destroying Western civilization from within.”
parados

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:50 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

BS. Now you have to go back and read the OP.

Why would I want to reread something that contains nothing but unsupported opinion and fallacious arguments?

Do you think that you need to provide no supporting evidence? Are you somehow exempt from the rules of normal debate or discussion?

Do you think you can simply declare things to be and that is the end of it?

Let's go back to the original question I had. Do you think it is a fair argument to say that someone is for something just because they do not overtly oppose it? Is that your standard for logical thought?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:52 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
They are part of the attack in that they are terrorists. The organization never attacked us and I never claimed they did

That kind of puts us in a quandary then. Do you get to change the meaning of words?

A terrorist organization is one that has never committed terrorism? Interesting but doesn't it mean that if you have never committed terrorism you would still be a terrorist?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:54 pm
@parados,
The muslim brotherhood is a terrorist organization and has committed and supported acts of terrorism.
parados

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:58 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
I grasp it quite well Renaldo. You don't seem to grasp how it is a logical fallacy. You present it as somehow having validity when it has none.

You also fail to grasp that the Brotherhood's "stated goal" if carried out to the letter would mean they are NOT a terrorist organization. You also fail to grasp that a group that is called "non-violent" can hardly be a terrorist organization.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12325128
Quote:
The country's only properly organised mass political movement outside the ruling party is the Muslim Brotherhood, and it would do very well in any free election.

Unlike the jihadis, it does not believe it is at war with the West. It is conservative and non-violent. But it is highly critical of Western policy in the Middle East.

The leader of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt signed a letter condemning the attack on 9/11
http://web.archive.org/web/20010920150230/http://msanews.mynet.net/MSANEWS/200109/20010917.15.html

So.. you start with a factually unsupported contention that the Muslim Brotherhood is a terrorist organization then contradict your own statements time and again.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 02:59 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

The muslim brotherhood is a terrorist organization and has committed and supported acts of terrorism.

Agreed!
parados

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 03:00 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

And your evidence of this is what? Please provide news reports of that terrorism.

I doubt you will find anything from the last 40 years to support what you just said. You will just proclaim that they are a terrorist organization about 12 more times without ever providing any evidence other than a propaganda hit piece that you keep quoting from.
parados

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 03:01 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Agreed!

<sarcasm>
Gee.. I never would have guessed you were as stupid as Renaldo.
</sarcasm>
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 03:10 pm
@parados,
Smarter than you.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Thu 9 Jun, 2011 03:10 pm
@parados,
You just lost any credibility you had remaining. Such dishonesty is sad. I can't watch any more.