Bob Wells died today.

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 07:03 pm
Bob didn't write about his experiences in Vietnam. I wonder at times what he went through there.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 07:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Bob didn't write about his experiences in Vietnam. I wonder at times what he went through there.
Most guys take that to the grave...
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 07:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

He once did a thread questioning whether post-traumatic stress counseling was helpful. He seemed to think that it would not be very useful for himself.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 08:19 pm
I can't stop thinking of Bob and Diane. I so wish they would have had more
time together.
dlowan

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 08:28 pm
@CalamityJane,
Yeah...I was hoping with decent medical care and pain relief that they'd have a great space to enjoy each other.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 08:41 pm
My love to all of you for posting your thoughts of Bob (Dys). I do feel guilty for not replying more often, but there is still a kind a daze and there is also the "Business" of death. Papers, his mother's maiden name, the oxygen people and not being able to track down his family due to the Memorial Day weekend.

My son is coming in on Monday and we will go through things, go to the place where Bob wants his ashes scattered and I will just relax, knowing the love and support my son will bring with him.

How amazing that Bob's death has brought in condolences from all over the world.
squinney

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 08:44 pm
My heart is with you, Diane. He loved you so much. And, of course, we all love both of you.

In real life, I only spoke with Dys once. For hours. He called while you were hospitalized and cried and talked and cried and talked. I had to charge my phone twice to keep up with him. It was late. I didn't mind. We smoked. He didn't always make sense. But, I knew his love for you was tremendous. I was honored that he knew he could call.

My love to all of you, dear A2K friends, who share this space and loss.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 08:56 pm
@Diane,
Lovely of you to check in Diane..thank you

I am so glad to hear your son is coming.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 10:08 pm
@dlowan,
Diane, I'm truly sorry for your loss. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I know I'm not your favorite fan on a2k, but we did share some good times in SF and Europe. T.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 10:08 pm
I'm glad your son is coming, too, Diane.

Memories of Bob have been invading my thoughts all day. I usually end up smiling.
Eva

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 11:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

I can't stop thinking of Bob and Diane. I so wish they would have had more
time together.

I've been thinking the same thing, CJ. But I just realized that no matter when one of them died, I would have thought that.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 05:09 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
Memories of Bob have been invading my thoughts all day. I usually end up smiling.
That is a really acceptble legacy for his presence here. He left most all of us smiling with his self deprecating sense of the absurd. He was intelligent without being a Pain in the ass about it. Everyone was a poopity head unless he didnt think you were worth the title, then hed just leave you off by yourself .
Im really gonna miss him cause it just sunk in this MA that I wont be able to chase down some "Dys-osophy" post where I would start my day with a smile or a better understanding of how he always was able to find another aspect of a thread.

I would like to know, if Diane would be so kind. Over what kind of terrain did dys want his ashes spread? Ive given that much thought about my own and yet I havent incorporated that into any last instructions. How did he convey this wish? You dont have to answer this if its intruding , but Im just curious about the site surveys we do in picking out where we wish to be last seen.

I want my ashes spread over the Gulf of MAine and the BAy of Fundy. Thats where my "place" is.
shewolfnm

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 05:36 am
@Diane,
Diane wrote:

How amazing that Bob's death has brought in condolences from all over the world.

very few people, with out being famous , can bring love and effect the lives and hearts of people from every single continent on the entire planet. You can easily say that the world loved him .

This is only a fraction of what both you and Bob deserve. Just a tiny fraction.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 05:44 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I would like to know, if Diane would be so kind. Over what kind of terrain did dys want his ashes spread?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_i38XfhjLpcQ/TAjv5LRsjNI/AAAAAAAAD8M/UAjICOQ_uh8/s1600/GorgeBridgeBritt223.jpg

http://able2know.org/topic/170463-7#post-4586014
and
http://able2know.org/topic/170463-6#post-4584058

dyslexia wrote:
As I understand it, my ashes will be in a plastic bag in a cardboard box not much larger than a shoe box, simply dropped from the Rio Grande Bridge at Taos, probably just Lady Diane and the Hospice therapist but their could be a party at the parking lot on the east side of the bridge, some cold beer and George Dickel bourbon but I imagine noone would show up for that.
Setanta

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 06:17 am
The Rio Grande gorge is indeed impressive. A fitting place for him.
LionTamerX

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 06:57 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
The Rio Grande gorge is indeed impressive. A fitting place for him.

Damn straight.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 07:15 am
@Diane,
Diane wrote:
Some of you knew him as Dyslexia.

Indeed. I didn't even recognize this thread as being about someone I had conversed with. I thought it was some pop culture singer I had never heard of before Smile

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about Dys. He enjoyed some of my posts, and I liked his as well. I never met him in person, but I'll remember him. Best Regards.
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 08:01 am
@sozobe,
That's interesting to know Sozobe, I will be crossing that bridge on tuesday the 31st. I will take the opportunity for a moment of reflection.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 08:11 am
@Diane,
Diane wrote:
... I do feel guilty for not replying more often...

Don't worry 'bout that. So glad your son's on his way.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 08:19 am
@sozobe,
Sozobe, I had forgotten about Bob''s post.

Maybe we could have another Albuquerque gathering later on this summer or fall. Bob would have loved that.