Bob Wells died today.

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 10:03 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Just yesterday, in an exchange of messages on FB with Bill Ward, I recounted a sunny summer afternoon in Albuquerque when Bob, Dianne, Jane and I (seriously baked on weed) arrived at the home of a rather disagreeable right wing dude (can't recall his name now). A very memorable trip, that one.

Bill has been fighting cancer for some years and his situation has recently become more negative. Those of you who'll remember him will know Bill as really quite a fine fellow who began his A2K life with many right wing ideas but who was both smart enough and principled enough to re-evaluate held notions. He and I never had the opportunity to meet in person to the regret of both of us. Any of you who knew him could easily find him on FB and say hello.

I certainly remember our get-together with Bob and Diane in New York. You, Jane, Jonathan were there...I think someone else, but cannot remember. Talk about "seriously baked!" I ended up in the Emergency Room trying to figure out where the hell I was. My face looked like I had gone a round or two with Mike Tyson, but it was just you beating the **** out of me.

Dys was great that night. We had a ball. I think.
Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 10:30 am
What an exceptional human being Bob was. I will never forget him. I remember sitting in the back of his house in Albuquerque, and talking away the entire afternoon.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 10:53 am
@Phoenix32890,
Certainly I remember when Phoenix talked on the porch.

And the missus and I made (part of) the tour, dys suggested to Phoenix.
We started from dys' home three days before he died.

I miss dys.
roger

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 10:58 am
@blatham,
Asherman
blatham

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 11:20 am
@roger,
You got it, Roger! Thanks.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 11:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
Oh yes. Such a night. Anytime I see a Turkish style vase, I rub it on the off chance a genii will squeeze out and give me the chance to re do those three years in Manhattan. It seems to me the chances of this happening is exactly equal to the chances of a prayer being answered so what the hell.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 11:34 am
@Phoenix32890,
I'm with you all the way on that, darling.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 11:35 am
@Walter Hinteler,
We all miss dys. Extraordinary fellow.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 07:06 pm
I regret never having met him, but I do treasure our phone calls. The first time he called me I was surprised how serious he can get and how easy it was to get into a deep conversation with him.

Some people touch your life, even if it's only for a few moments.
0 Replies