The kittens are coming!

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 08:35 pm
all right. I give up. What kind of weather is lime paradise? Never heard anything like that particular metaphor.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 08:42 pm
@MontereyJack,
I betcha it involves gin.
0 Replies

nextone

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 08:42 pm
@dlowan,
Rooting for your garden redo, and your hairdo redo too. Your fig and peach( and gum lemon to come) sound wonderful. I'm off to my bedrooms to admire my avocado and lemon indoor plants. I don't have much of a green thumb, but after your post I'm turning all over green with envy.
dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 09:46 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

all right. I give up. What kind of weather is lime paradise? Never heard anything like that particular metaphor.

That would be autocorrect's version of whatever I typed instead of "like" paradise.

Which is what it's been like...like paradise. Limes belong in paradise, though, in my view.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 09:49 pm
@nextone,
nextone wrote:

Rooting for your garden redo, and your hairdo redo too. Your fig and peach( and gum lemon to come) sound wonderful. I'm off to my bedrooms to admire my avocado and lemon indoor plants. I don't have much of a green thumb, but after your post I'm turning all over green with envy.

Don't turn green with envy until we see what lives!

I must say, seeing two worms just made my day. They are the first I have seen here! My first garden was in very poor condition when I bought it, but when I left, you couldn't touch the soil without seeing worms and their castings were everywhere, including all over the lawn. Love dem woims! It was also full of all manner of wee praying mantises and other amazing small citizens.
dlowan

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 03:28 pm
@dlowan,
Madness here this morning as it was a cool morning.....intermission between bouts in a savage heat wave.

Cats went mad trying to get me to get up. They know they aren't supposed to touch me, but frantic gallops around the bed, leaps that land a whisker away from my head, touching my hair, breathing heavily in my ear, scrabbling wildly on the pillow are apparently considered fair.
Roberta

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 06:01 pm
@dlowan,
Sounds fair to me.

I think that part of your problem, Deb, is that you don't keep cat hours.

Once I became nocturnal, nobody bothered me to wake up.
dlowan

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 07:36 pm
@Roberta,
Actually, my neck is playing up and I am not sleeping well.

I think they only pester me when they know I am awake, or have been awake. I think they know because I stop snoring.... Embarrassed

So, if they know I am awake within cooee of what they believe is a decent time to get up, I get pestered. They are GREAT pesterers. Interesting to notice they are beginning to observe some pestering rules.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 08:13 pm
@dlowan,
all in all the lime paradise post was brilliant

this made me giggle

dlowan wrote:
Having my roots done at the hairdresser as we speak...off looking for a compost bin after.

we put human hair in the garden with the spring bulbs to keep pests away - nevah thought of composting it
margo

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 08:17 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

dlowan wrote:
Having my roots done at the hairdresser as we speak...off looking for a compost bin after.

we put human hair in the garden with the spring bulbs to keep pests away - nevah thought of composting it

weird South Australian custom, I'd guess!
Like the 30 minute time change....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2013 09:12 pm
@ehBeth,
I don't think hair composts?
dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2013 03:07 am
@dlowan,
Woollies turn two tomorrow!!!!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2013 03:24 am
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gG8Waa9ZJ4o/SdpeKrfUP5I/AAAAAAAAAx0/K3aY0MqWkOc/s320/DSCN0514%5B1%5D.JPG

http://www.wishyoucard.com/assets/cards/racoon/Viola.jpg

Much love to the woollies--and their mudder.
dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2013 05:08 am
@Roberta,
Awwwwww!
ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2013 09:46 am
@dlowan,
Happy Birthday, Woolies!

Sending along some catnip in case they like it -

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTo71vwLbNfyRBfdGvVax219hbVJSkZpEkbagSncWPgNwuYGb_d

and some catmint -

http://www.gardenvan.com/images/catmint-cat-white.jpg
dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2013 12:42 pm
@ossobuco,
Are they different things?
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2013 03:18 pm
Just fill in the blanks and we'll be there
 http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YMOXQUoxk08/TMbuIQcL-CI/AAAAAAAAC_g/HjIS2Nth3v4/s1600/invitations.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2013 04:12 pm
@dlowan,
Yes, and I've grown both of them, but I got them mixed up, though one was in a pot by the front door and the other in the ground (I do that with lavenders sometimes, have to keep the labels at hand until I process it.) One can grow taller, I take it. The leaves look a lot alike to me. Both can be used for tea (don't trust me, but I think I remember that), and cats (some cats) like both. I have had one, catmint I think, in my front yard for about four years now, and it is occasionally visited by an orangey housecat that also doesn't mind a pet, then goes back home.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2013 04:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, this person seems to have a handle on it -
http://voices.yahoo.com/catmint-catnip-tell-difference-3298276.html?cat=32
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2013 07:48 pm
@MontereyJack,
Awwwww!

Actually, they ARE getting present....when I can afford it.

A pet stroller! Oh the shame....

However, with Sebastian always so eager for walks and Viola always so sad when we leave her....and me never getting enough exercise because I don't have time for me AND Sebastian (I need more than he does) I figured it kills a few birds with one stone.

I can get my exercise then let Sebastian out for his.

It provides shelter from dogs.

Viola can come out and decide whether she wants to get out and walk and can go back in if she gets scared.

I hope i can handle the embarrassment.