The kittens are coming!

dlowan

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 04:03 pm
@dlowan,
Margo is here! came in yesterday for the cricket and is playing with the woollies as we speak!
sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 04:50 pm
@dlowan,
The kids on Instagram have this horrible tendency to say "jelly" for "jealous." I don't know why I find that horrible, but I do. So I was horrified when my immediate mental reaction was "I'm so jelly!"

But I am. Both directions. (You for seeing margo, margo for seeing you + woollies!)
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 04:51 pm
@dlowan,
the woolies play cricket?

who knew...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 04:52 pm
@dlowan,
Hey, Margo. How ya doin'? Jealous (not jelly).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 05:17 pm
@dlowan,
thrilled for you, Margo and the woolies!
dlowan

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 10:04 pm
@ehBeth,
Woollies have now been dropped off at the vet for boarding while I go to Hobart.

Margo having a nap.
dlowan

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2012 10:14 pm
@dlowan,
Margo here. I am not having a nanna nap! I was just looking for my usual quota of misplaced things Sad

The woolies are fun. The cricket was crappy (and woolie-free). Deb is Deb
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2012 01:35 am
@dlowan,
So how are the woolies reacting to Margo? Is Viola still shy about strangers?
dlowan

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2012 02:14 am
@Thomas,
Margo was fascinating to the woollies. Viola was a little shy. The woollies were very concerned that Margo not be lonely....to this end they accompanied her every time she moved, attempted to assist with food preparation and attended upon her ablutions.

Woollies now at vet being boarded, so further Margo interaction has been cruelly ended.
dlowan

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2012 04:30 pm
@dlowan,
I had to leave Margo outside her hotel at 7.15 am because I am on my way to Hobart.

She's very determined. I didn't like leaving her there. I wanted to leave her where she could have breakfast and such.

Hopefully they let her leave her bag so she can wander the streets untrammeled.

I am awaiting my flight in the transit lounge of infinity.
margo

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2012 07:22 pm
@dlowan,
I survived being landed an the edge of town, early on Sunday. There's heaps to do in Adelaide, but it's bloody hard to find a place for breakfast. I must have walked a million miles, until I found Happy Jacks. Even Maccas was closed. I was desperate.

I even survived a 6am flight from Adelaide to Sydney this morning, despite a delayed departure, followed, of course, by an even further delayed landing in Sydney. I was almost 2 hours late for work, much to the annoyance of my boss.

Kitten pics to come later in the week!
dlowan

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 06:49 am
@margo,
I'm home! At 11 pm, but I'm home.

Found house not burned down, which is good, because it was a severe fire risk day. Not sure about poor plants...it's been hot.

Picking up woollies tomorrow, hopefully. It was a bit weird. I called to see how they were one evening. There was a new person there who clearly didn't know them. Normally I get a blow by blow description of their every emotion and activity, with lots of giggles and funny stories. This time was a hospital report...they were "resting comfortably, had used their bowels and had eaten their breakfast."

I felt embarrassed for asking!

I flew Virgin. Perfectly nice airline...but they have shitty airport accommodation and have to use stairs to embark and disembark a lot. Not sure if it's economizing or being frozen out by the more established airlines here?

Been traveling since 3 pm and im over it. Silly when you look at how long we travel to get to Europe etc! Eight hours? Nothing!
margo

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 08:20 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Picking up woollies tomorrow, hopefully. It was a bit weird. I called to see how they were one evening. There was a new person there who clearly didn't know them. Normally I get a blow by blow description of their every emotion and activity, with lots of giggles and funny stories. This time was a hospital report...they were "resting comfortably, had used their bowels and had eaten their breakfast."

What a boring person - couldn't even give you a decent Woollie report.

you'll have to mark her card down!
dlowan

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 01:50 am
@margo,
Woollies home! Looking much slimmer than when they left....blush.

Positive storm of paws and noses and complainings all the way home.

Viola kept lying over Sebastians back...upside down...and trying to grab my fingers. Sebastian just tried to lick and bite them.

Must have been hot in their box....they drank for ages when they got home. Now they are wandering around making sure all is well.

I feel disgusting....the conference only provided things with lots of bread. Bread makes me bloated and bleh. Great to be able to get back to my normal hunter gatherer type diet.

Not counting the fish and chips we had, Margo!
Roberta

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 02:04 am
@dlowan,
Welcome home to you and the woollies.

Remembering how great it felt to get home after a business trip. Remembering how great it was to be greeted by a feline or twol.

Relax and enjoy yourself, bunny.
dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 02:23 am
@Roberta,
I did!

Sadly, Sebastian has worked out that puppet animals are just my hand, and is bored with them. Bummer. I had a wolf, a t Rex and a wolf home from work, because they were in transit. I was looking forward to playing with him until he was exhausted. No such luck.

My little boy has some working brain cells!

Viola has always been a puppet agnostic.

Hey....is anyone reading this these days? Apart from my beloved Boida?

I'm ok to blather along because its kind of nice to have a diary....but some badinage is cool if there is anyone out there.

Was ambushed by a nice dog today....an Australian short tailed cattle dog. I thought it was a stumpy tailed blue heeled...but apparently they're different. Lovely dog.

Had the same face as a normal heeler.....they look all louche and humorous and clever and knowing......the Jack Nicholsons of the dog world. Sulphur crested cockatoos are like that too, but with a touch of the buccaneer.

Roberta

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 05:39 am
@dlowan,
I'm not questioning that the little guy has some brain cells. I'm just thinking that his superior feline senses told him that your hand was in the puppet. Hey, what do I know.

I think puppets are a great idea. My felines enjoyed a Slinky. And one of those paddle ball thingies where the ball is connected to the paddle with an elastic string. The cats loved it, and I had fun with it too.

Helium balloons with a very long strong were a major attention grabber--until the balloon burst.

I also had a toy helicopter that flew. A major hit. Mikey's favorite plaything was little balled up pieces of aluminum foil. Harvesting these is a pain in the ass. I still occasionally come across one.

That's the best I can do badinage wise. I'm tired.

Hey other people. Talk to Deb!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 06:45 am
@dlowan,
I'm reading! Most definitely reading.

Loved your descriptions of the cattle dog and sulfur crested cockatoo. I have no experience with the former but some experience with the latter and you're spot on. A friend had a sulfur-crested cockatoo when I was a kid, he definitely had a bit of Johnny Depp/ Jack Sparrow in him.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 07:45 am
@dlowan,
ok ok
always reading
ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 09:14 am
@ehBeth,
Reading, but still basically asleep while cleaning the kitchen and checking a2k and news. No bandages yet.