The kittens are coming!

roger

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 01:56 am
@dlowan,
Considering the occasion, that ain't drinking.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 02:00 am
@dlowan,
Ah, you can put that resolution into action tomorrow!

Today, you're allowda! Smile
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 02:19 am
@dlowan,
Ah, bless your little goil Viola.

Unsure news is difficult, however, it's good news in that it's not the worst expected - which is a massive relief.

Being that is it's St Pirans Day today... will celebrate with you for Cornish Rex Viola.

St Piran's Day started as one of the many tinners' holidays observed by the tin miners of Cornwall. Other miners' holidays of a similar nature include Picrous Day and Chewidden Thursday. There is little description of specific traditions associated with this day. However, many observers[who?] noted the large consumption of alcohol and food during 'Perrantide'. The day following the St Piran's Day was known by many as 'Mazey Day', a term which has now been adopted by the revived Golowan shock: festival in Penzance. The phrase 'drunk as a perraner' was used in 19th century Cornwall to describe people who had consumed large quantities of alcohol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Piran%27s_Day

so, Go Lowan - celebrate Viola

<very pleased for you, Deb, tho do understand the uncertainty>
Roberta

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 02:31 am
Heaving sighs of relief (I hope I don't hyperventilate). Good news that it's not the worst news. Good news that she could lead a long life.

Suckocious re the meds. The expense and the shoving it down her throat. Still, if the pill helps, so be it.

Thanks for letting us know what happened.

Get some R&R, kid. You deserve some.

dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 05:19 am
@Izzie,
St Piran's Day!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 05:22 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Heaving sighs of relief (I hope I don't hyperventilate). Good news that it's not the worst news. Good news that she could lead a long life.

Suckocious re the meds. The expense and the shoving it down her throat. Still, if the pill helps, so be it.

Thanks for letting us know what happened.

Get some R&R, kid. You deserve some.

Apropos of the shoving down.....

In an act of purely Cornish Rex (as I know them at least) perversity, I just took Viola's half tablet (one every 24 hours) and went to find her. She ambushed me on the way, smelt the tablet in my hands, hi-jacked me, snatched the tablet, and wolfed it down....demanding more.

Guess I'll have to hide them!

dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 05:51 am
@dlowan,
She's bumming me for more pills.
Shocked
msolga

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 06:26 am
@dlowan,
What's in those pills?
dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 07:06 am
@msolga,
A flavourant I'm guessing! Miranda certainly wasn't impressed by it. It's to bring her blood pressure down and stop her heart from working so hard.

Now they're trying to get some of my rock melon.
msolga

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 07:08 am
@dlowan,
Better keep them well hid!

I've never heard of such a thing! Smile
dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 07:13 am
@msolga,
They're in the top cutlery drawer of all places....that way they are easily seen by me.

It's extremely odd. I hope it lasts! When I think what it took to get the same pill down Miranda...oy veh.

They're really not proper cats at all, are they? I think they came from an alien planet.

But what is the purpose of their presence amongst us?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 07:28 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

They're really not proper cats at all, are they?

are you sure they're not dogs in funny hats?

here, the rattle of a pill bottle means small dogs come running into the kitchen to see what might be on offer. the girlDog has been very annoyed that she doesn't get the cold/cough/flu pill when we're having it.

goodish news about Viola - especially as she seems to like the treatment!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 07:29 am
@dlowan,
I know what you mean ....
Wrestling them to the ground to get the pills down, wrapping them in towels to medicate them .... with one cat we had to embed the pills in cheese balls ....
No, ! don't think yours a proper cats. Smile
And i hope it lasts, too!

Night night, Deb.
Off to bed now.
Past midnight.
The witching hour.

0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 07:33 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
She could live a long and happy life....or not.

I could have told you that for half as many hundred dollars as they did. Next time, you better ask me.

Seriously though, I'm glad it's not as bad as you thought. Hope Viola got some of that Sauvignon Blanc, too.
sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 08:14 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
They're really not proper cats at all, are they? I think they came from an alien planet.

But what is the purpose of their presence amongst us?

Research?

If so, you're doing the human race proud.

Very glad that the Viola news is slightly more encouraging than thought...
dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 08:50 am
@Thomas,
Viola does not partake of alcohol. She had some rock melon, though.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 08:51 am
@sozobe,
Thank you all!
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 04:05 pm
"Her shortened life won't worry her...she'll have no idea that it is any different from the life she'd have had if she had been luckier in the great lottery of life>" This is a grace given to animals - would that we humans were so lucky.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Viola

JPB

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 04:12 pm
@dlowan,
Glad you got some encouraging news! Here's to a long and happy life!
dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2012 04:17 pm
@Tomkitten,
Tomkitten wrote:

"Her shortened life won't worry her...she'll have no idea that it is any different from the life she'd have had if she had been luckier in the great lottery of life>" This is a grace given to animals - would that we humans were so lucky.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Viola

Yes, it is and would that it were.

Thank you. She's running around right now with a favourite toy....the plastic ring from a herbal medicine container.

Mind you, I didn't think them so cute at one am when Sebastian was dragging around their squeaky mouse on a "fishing line" while Viola chased him!
0 Replies