Is the Head of the IMF a Sex Criminal?

BillRM

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 12:42 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
just as an aside, and in my humble opinion, there should be no such thing as diplomatic immunity

Guess what country is likely then to end up with a large percent of it total diplomatic corps being held hostage on trump up charges in third world countries?
BillRM

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 12:50 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Nor do you know that the maid did anything morally or legally wrong in reporting that she was sexually assaulted by DSK--her account of being sexually assaulted by him might be entirely truthful.

Sorry spin doctor but she did lied about what she did right afterward under oath and she even lied about being gang rape in the past along with play acting of being upset in needing to recall this fantasy at least two times before confessing that no such event had happen.

All in all she is proven not to be a true full or a moral person(see her banks accounts tie to drug dealers).

So all and all the likelihood of her being true full about being rape by DSK is somewhere around .000000000000001 percent

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 01:32 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
and many feel that Vance has acted admirably in both arresting DSK, on the basis of what appeared to be a "highly credible" report of a crime, and in disclosing problems with the complainant's credibility as soon as they became apparent.

Yes--and many feel that a man in a responsibe position hardly seeming to suspect this female Fulani speaker's credibilty, if at all, can hardly be said to be educated.

A robust defence of Mr Vance would say that he took a punt on the credibility of the lady on the basis of self promotion knowing that he could talk his way out of the bet if turned out a losing one with the help of his allies whose pride is now at stake as a result of declaring themselves too prematurely in supporting him. The premature ejaculation is a known signification of immaturity.

It is not in the least to his credit that he disclosed problems when they became apparent. What else was there to do if digging a deeper hole was to be avoided?

That he believed her assertions so innocently and abjectly is hardly a recommendation for a prosecutor as it suggests that what he knows about women could be written on a postage stamp with a whitewash brush. And being surrounded by females watching his every move would make it necessary for him to take such a misogynistic position.

The idea that you ladies are all tweeting little budgies in a gilded cage is too ridiculous to entertain for a moment and constitutes fundamentalist misogyny of the most extreme type. It admits of the necessity to have you tweeting on the gilded perch rather than being on the loose. And free.

It's the reformed hippie talking ff. Hiding a youthful wilding behind a plethora of puritanical indignation. An old auntie tried it on me but I knew some of her contemporaries in the pub. Auntie Lillian I called her but she was Diamond Lil to them. She came to our house often to pick up mail with a range of different handwriting on the envelopes and postmarked all over the place. She was very contemptuous of men when she started being respectable.

The only novel aspect of the Hippie movement was television. Oh--and the refined control of it. They're into Barry Manilow now but not in the way I am. It's like watching a bloke milk a cow when he can't get at the udders.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 01:36 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

An old auntie tried it on me but I knew some of her contemporaries in the pub. Auntie Lillian I called her but she was Diamond Lil to them.

Fag ash Lil? Sounds like a wasteland to me.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 01:42 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
In that regard, Vance has certainly enhanced the image of the American justice process as being open and fair.

You may tell him from me that he has a long way to go. Even allowing a smidgin of enhancement to have taken place it would not register on my scale of where I rate American justice. I take it to be a macrocosmic version of the justice my posts on the evolution threads are granted. And programmes on our TV confirm the conclusion. And other sources.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 03:00 pm
@BillRM,
so don't go to third world countries
BillRM

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 03:04 pm
All and all we can come to the conclusion that if a maid give you a blow job it is a damn good idea to leave a very large tip for her in the room. Drunk
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 03:12 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
so don't go to third world countries

We should no have relationships with third world countries?

As we would not be in a position to aid US citizens in such countries should we then ban all travel by US citizens to them even when it involved NGOs such as doctors without borders?

You have a very simple view of the world.
djjd62

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 03:17 pm
@BillRM,
have relations with whomever you like, but a diplomat shouldn't be above the law of the land, abuse of that law is whole different story
spendius

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 03:25 pm
@BillRM,
There used to be an argument that we should have no relationships with third world countries but it was trampled down many years ago. The Romans waxed and waned on the issue. China lost its lucrative monopoly of silk through allowing relations with outsiders.

As things stand now Bill is correct. We are enmeshed. I've seen a Kalihari bushman drinking cans of beer.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 03:31 pm
@djjd62,
You're missing the point dj. We have no laws broken in this case. A diplomat should be exempt from arrest on an accusation alone from whatever source and more exempt that that with an accusation from such a source Mr Vance had. A diplomat should have some privileges. Indeed they do have. And rightly so.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 03:32 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
A diplomat should be exempt from arrest on an accusation alone from whatever source

no
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 03:35 pm
Is see that Ophelia's lawyers are scrambling for a cash stream to make taking her as a client pay, now that her main prospects are drying up

Quote:
The lawsuit against the New York Post and five of its reporters (Laura Italiano, Brad Hamilton, Larry Celona, Cathy Burke, and Gary Buiso) for reporting that Dominique Strauss-Kahn's accuser worked as a prostitute has a distinctly humorous edge to it. If the reports published from July 2 through yesterday are untrue, as the Sofitel Hotel housekeeper claims, then they're woefully libelous. But in bringing the suit, lawyers Kenneth Thompson and Douglas Wigdor have unintentionally written one of the funnier legal complaints to come before the Bronx County civil court in a while. That's because this one is about the New York Post doing what it does best -- writing clever, trashy headlines -- and when you put those page one screamers in among the sober legalese of a lawsuit, well, it just makes for some funny juxtapositions. Take this for example:
Related: The French Are Fascinated by DSK's Trip to Rikers

The lawsuit, not by coincidence, seems to zero in on the lines that probably brought smiles to the faces of the reporters and editors that produced them in the newsroom. Of course, these are also some of the most inflammatory lines in the coverage, so it makes sense that the plaintiff would take issue with them. In its preliminary statement the suit includes a particularly descriptive quote (the last line of the passage below):
Related: New York Post's 'HIV Shock' Cover Denied and Condemned

Such quotes just come with the territory when you sue the New York Post. And if the nation's oldest continuously published paper hasn't sobered up by this time, it's not going to. But it is owned by Rupert Murdoch, who is very rich, so if there's a settlement or payoff to be made here, the plaintiff will likely get a sum that could make repeating such statements about her worth it.

http://news.yahoo.com/hard-sue-york-post-straight-face-194322170.html
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 03:43 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

spendius wrote:
A diplomat should be exempt from arrest on an accusation alone from whatever source

no
And thus you give up the right to bitch about the crap quality of our elected public servants....If you are going to allow low level scum to target the leaders for personal gain you will not likely get quality people who are willing to go through all that to serve you. It has long been argued that our political process is only fit for dogs, which is why we get mostly dogs, this new level of injustice of letting one woman from the scum class destroy a public servant with an unprovable claim of sexual wrongdoing will only make the situation worse. Some of you people seriously need to get your priorities straight.
BillRM

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 03:49 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
have relations with whomever you like, but a diplomat shouldn't be above the law of the land, abuse of that law is whole different story

So governments who commonly arrested/torture people for displeasing them should be able to do that to our diplomats?

When a country laws is anything the Dictator/ruler wish it to be then we should try to find someone willing to assume that risk?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 03:51 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

You're missing the point dj. We have no laws broken in this case. A diplomat should be exempt from arrest on an accusation alone from whatever source and more exempt that that with an accusation from such a source Mr Vance had. A diplomat should have some privileges. Indeed they do have. And rightly so.

You're missing the point. Without diplomatic immunity the American Embassy would have to pay the congestion charge like everyone else. That should pay for the Olympics in itself.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 03:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Some of you people seriously need to get your priorities straight.

I hope you keep a mirror in front of you when you post things like this.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 03:59 pm
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 04:01 pm
@spendius,
It is my understanding that normally how a serous crime is handle that is committed by a diplomat is that the host country show the proof of wrong doing to the diplomat government and ask them to waiver his or her immunity.

In the case of DSK it would be the UN or the board of the IMF who would have needed to waiver his immunity.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 04:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
one woman from the scum class

got a problem with people who work for a living?