Is the Head of the IMF a Sex Criminal?

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 04:06 pm
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/07/dsk_accuser_suing_the_post_for.html

Quote:
DSK Accuser Suing the Post for Libel

* 7/5/11 at 12:50 PM

The woman who accused Dominique Strauss-Kahn of sexual assault is now suing the New York Post for a story the paper ran on Saturday claiming that she was working as a prostitute in the hotel as a side gig to her job as a housekeeper. From the filing: "All of these statements are false, have subjected the plaintiff to humiliation, scorn and ridicule throughout the world by falsely portraying her as a prostitute or as a woman who trades her body for money and they constitute defamation and libel per se."

[Reuters]
djjd62

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 04:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
this new level of injustice of letting one woman from the scum class destroy a public servant

even if your right about the woman, that would make them both members of the scum class, he's an international banker and a politician for christ sakes, he's the epitome of scum class
BillRM

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 04:10 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
got a problem with people who work for a living?

You mean setting up bank accounts across the country or allowing them to be set up in your name to aid your boyfriend and his drug dealing friends is working for a living?
BillRM

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 04:20 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
he's an international banker and a politician for christ sakes, he's the epitome of scum class

Oh so how would you run the international finance system?
djjd62

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 04:22 pm
@BillRM,
i'm sure it runs just fine, doesn't mean the folks who participate in such things aren't subhuman scum (in my opinion)
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 04:25 pm
@ehBeth,
Lord I can just see the fun the New York Post lawyers would have getting her under oath and doing a detail questioning of this lady as well as being able to get court orders to look at all those strange bank accounts just to start with in defensing against a civil suit by her.

Yes I am sure she is as pure as Firefly try to paint her and the Post lawyers would come up with nothing, LOL and more LOL............
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 04:32 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Lord I can just see the fun the New York Post lawyers would have getting her under oath and doing a detail questioning of this lady as well as being able to get court orders to look at all those strange bank accounts just to start with in defensing against a civil suit by her.

Yes I am sure she is as pure as Firefly try to paint her and the Post lawyers would come up with nothing, LOL and more LOL............
If she was working a side line job of sexworker in the hotel I have no doubt but that DSK's team has documented it, and will be willing to let Murdock's team have the information. This suit is a desperation move on the part of Ophelia's lawyers in the attempt to get paid, but in all likelihood she will come out of the process worse for wear. There is no chance that Murdock will settle on this.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 04:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Blame it on old-fashioned discomfort, so out-of-step in our culture of sexual hyper-frankness, when it comes to discussing the nature and details of an alleged rape. Or blame it on political correctness that rarely accords alleged rapists the usual presumption of innocence and had, in a working single-mother African immigrant, a near-perfect caricature of the perfect victim. Or blame it on the idea that, since Mr. Strauss-Kahn is well-known as a philandering rogue, he must perforce also be a brute. Or blame it on the political calculations of a Manhattan district attorney with a less-than-sure touch who might well have been reluctant, when it came to the question of whether to rush DSK's case to a grand jury, to be seen siding with the powerful against the powerless.

Blame it on all of the above. In the case of People v. Dominque Strauss-Kahn, each of us—inveterate Francophobes, knee-jerk victimologists and so on—had a reason to idle our brain.

So this is as good an opportunity as any to ask where else we might be committing similar blunders. The climate change obsession, with its Manichean concept of polluting corporations versus noble eco-warriors? The Wall Street obsession, with its belief the boardroom boys were criminally guilty of the financial crisis? The China obsession, with its view that the Middle Kingdom is destined to overtake the U.S. in global economic and political clout? The Israel obsession, with its notion that if only Jewish settlements were removed from the West Bank peace would break out throughout the Middle East?

In each of these cases, the media (broadly speaking) has too often been guilty of looking only for the evidence that fits a pre-existing story line. It doesn't help that in journalism you can usually find the story you're looking for, whether it's record-breaking heat in some corner of the world, or malicious Israeli settlers making life miserable for their Palestinian neighbors, or evidence of financial chicanery in Manhattan, or of economic prowess in Shanghai.

But anecdotes are not data—which happens to be the world's most easily neglected truism. Also true is that sloppy moral categories like the powerful and the powerless, or the selfish and the altruistic, are often misleading and susceptible to manipulation. And the journalists who most deserve to earn their keep are those who understand that the line of any story is likely to be crooked.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304490004576422462548199624.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 05:16 pm
@ehBeth,
Your simple "no" is a madness Beth. The US should advise all citizens residing abroad to return home immediately if it is not a madness.

An accusation as legal evidence and you are back in Salem. And back to witch burning.

spendius

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 05:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
You should see what the Murdoch papers are entangled with here hawk. It beggars belief.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 05:23 pm
@BillRM,
I think this would be an excellent post to advise "Ophelia's" counsel of.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 05:25 pm
@spendius,
I don't think anyone should be above the law.

I don't much care what you think about it.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 05:35 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
and you are back in Salem
we pretty much are when a judge lets the NYC DA take a nothing case to trial, and after DA loses he makes a speech to the public saying " we sent a message, we did our jobs" or " we presented all of the evidence we have, we did our job" ....I was not kidding when I said that what we have is the American "justice" system. The state now looks at standards of proof and standards of fairness as an obstacles to overcome on their mission to get 12 citizens to condemn another, they are no longer mandates.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 05:44 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
he's an international banker and a politician for christ sakes, he's the epitome of scum class

Oh so how would you run the international finance system?

I'd make them pay more in taxes and receive less in bonuses.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 05:55 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I think this would be an excellent post to advise "Ophelia's" counsel of.

Please please do so as them spending funds/resources trying to find me for a "slapp" suit would by itself would be amusing to me.

Hint courts orders for ISP address information to Robert would not do it. They would need to burn thousands of man hours going through my postings looking for hints that I had given concerning my personal life and then having high price private detectives track me down.

In any case expressing opinions have never been actionable under our legal system even if the opinion is that from the known facts that she is likely to be a maid/hooker along with trying for the big $$$$ by bringing false charges against DSK and she is likely to be part of a drug enterprise with her boyfriend and aiding him is setting up banks accounts around the country by the news reports.

In any case no third world maid and her lawyers with your help or without your help is going to silent me in exercising my first amendment rights to express opinions.

Oh for your information a slapp suit is define as ..........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strategic lawsuit against public participationFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
Censorship • Freedom of speech
Internet censorship
v • d • e

A strategic lawsuit against public participation (SLAPP) is a lawsuit that is intended to censor, intimidate and silence critics by burdening them with the cost of a legal defense until they abandon their criticism or opposition. [1]

The typical SLAPP plaintiff does not normally expect to win the lawsuit. The plaintiff's goals are accomplished if the defendant succumbs to fear, intimidation, mounting legal costs or simple exhaustion and abandons the criticism. A SLAPP may also intimidate others from participating in the debate. A SLAPP is often preceded by a legal threat. The difficulty, of course, is that plaintiffs do not present themselves to the Court admitting that their intent is to censor, intimidate or silence their critics. Hence, the difficulty in drafting SLAPP legislation, and in applying it, is to craft an approach which affords an early termination to invalid abusive suits, without denying a legitimate day in court to valid good faith claims.

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 06:00 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
They would need to burn thousands of man hours going through my postings looking for hints that I had given concerning my personal life and then having high price private detectives track me down
What, you have no plans to attend an A2K meet and greet?
BillRM

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 06:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
What, you have no plans to attend an A2K meet and greet?

Hmm now that I been put on notice concerning ehbeth I might need to come in a Halloween mask at the very least Hawkeye.

Maybe, I will come with a whip and chains and people will then just assume that I am you! Smile
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 12:55 am
Quote:
In the School of Scandal textbook, the first rule of holes is to stop digging. When you've made a mis take, don't get yourself in any deeper.
The Manhattan District Attorney, Cyrus Vance Jr., apparently is now learning that lesson. Or maybe he's still ignoring it at his own peril. It's hard to tell what he is thinking.
The kindest explanation for how he and his team screwed up the Dominique Strauss-Kahn case is that they made the best decisions they could with the information they had. Defenders of Vance, and there are a few, say the circumstances gave him little choice, and they applaud his recent admissions that the hotel maid has a habit of lying as proof of his professionalism and integrity. They argue that what's clear in hindsight was muddy in real time.

Sorry, that's an excuse, not an explanation. For lawyers to say the legal system worked in this case is like a doctor who says the operation was a success when the patient died.

The case could be a mere billing dispute over sex that ran amok because prosecutors didn't take time to get the facts. Defending that decision makes them sound like, well, unscrupulous defense lawyers.
The DA's job is to make the right decision the first time, not to make the first decision quickly and then beg for understanding when the facts go south. Perfection isn't required, but Vance will dig himself in even deeper if he argues this mess is defensible.
The biggest mistake was the rushed decision to indict Strauss-Kahn immediately because prosecutors wanted to keep him in jail. Otherwise, he would have been released and they feared he would flee to France, which does not have an extradition treaty with the United States.
But that decision meant that, under state law, they had only five days to indict him. That meant putting the maid before the grand jury -- before they had a chance to fully check out her and her story.
It backfired, and it's not clear only in hindsight. Some people in Vance's office reportedly argued against the rush to indict because they believed a full investigation was necessary to confirm the maid's version. They were right to be cautious -- the investigation ripped the case apart.
There was another option. Prosecutors could have held off on the indictment and accepted Strauss-Kahn's immediate release while arguing that his passport should be seized until the facts of a serious allegation were clear. Indeed, that's what eventually happened, but it came after an indictment that now looks like a serious miscarriage of justice.

Vance, a Democrat elected in 2009 to succeed the legendary Robert Morgenthau, needs to move fast to publicly explain how he got himself into this hole. But first, he needs to drop the shovel.
It's hard to see any way to do that without dropping the charges against Strauss-Kahn. The maid's been unmasked as a serial liar, and couldn't testify in a parking-ticket case.
With prosecution sources telling reporters they're now not sure a crime took place, no jury would ever convict him of rape or sexual assault. Because Strauss-Kahn would be crazy to plead guilty even to a misdemeanor, Vance has two choices: dismissal or pursuing a misdemeanor trial to save face.

Forget a trial. That would be a farce on top of a disaster.

But dismissing the charges against Strauss-Kahn only marks the start of Vance's duty to clear the air about this sordid matter.
He also needs to conduct a credible and timely postmortem about his office's decisions, statements and actions -- including his personal role. He then must release that report and answer questions in a public forum.
Then we'll know whether he's stopped digging.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/cy_starring_in_the_shabby_da_a6Eto5Cqxe2UoN1uqmqeNJ#ixzz1RJ0DSnMa
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 03:10 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I don't think anyone should be above the law.

I don't much care what you think about it.

I don't think anybody has suggested anyone should be above the law. We know that plenty are in the US. Unless they are French and Jewish of course.

What are Presidential pardons? What about the Atlanta principals, bossed by a woman, who have been CAUGHT bang to rights cheating on behalf of students, without the student's knowledge, for money. All your 'ology majors are now suspect.

We are talking about allegations of crimes. Not crimes,

Why would anybody care what somebody who can't understand that distinction thinks about anything.
spendius

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 04:17 am
@spendius,
Here's another revisionist--

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/mike_now_balks_on_perp_walks_w7hSiTGARdGJfCIT8eRYnL
0 Replies