Is the Head of the IMF a Sex Criminal?

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:09 pm
something that I have not seen mentioned here or anywhere is the assertion that the state came up with this dirt on Ophelia. How quickly we seem to have forgotten that it was only a couple of weeks ago when DSK's people wrote a letter to the court claiming to have info that discredits the integrity of Ophelia, to which the state responded that they had no such info and so defense should turn it over. My assumption is that this information now claimed to be from the state is actually for the most part from defense, and that defense is allowing the state to claim credit in an effort to win points for later. It is well known that DSK's main guy plays sweet when he senses that it is the winning play. The question that should be asked of Vance is when did you first discover that this women is not who she claims to be, and why has it taken you over 6 weeks to come to the court with this info?
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
How is that related to the matter of whether DSK criminally sexually assaulted her in his hotel suite?
because setting up a powerful man with a rich wife would represent her best personal advancement scheme to date. If using every hook and crook available to get ahead, legal and honest or not, is her MO then we need to know this when she goes around speaking ill of others. ...

This doesn't even require extra proof - she said exactly that when she called her boyfriend drug dealer in an immigration jail where he's currently detained and spoke to him in their native language, Fulani. Since Fulani police interpreters are hard to find, that call, made within a day of the alleged assault and of course taped as are all calls to prisons, wasn't translated until this week. That's when our DA (actually a good guy) fired the assistant DA in charge of his sex crimes unit. There's absolutely no way anyone will put that African woman on the stand - and without her testimony there is no case against Strauss-Kahn, no matter what FF here is imagining. I'm waiting for him to sue us for - substantial - damages, costs, etc, but I'm not sure on what legal basis he could do that.
spendius

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:20 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
My position, supported by laws in all 50 states, is that it is a serious felony to commit a forcible sexual assault against an unwilling individual.

That's what I said. You have just put it another way. What's your definition of "forcible"?
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:34 pm
@High Seas,
Quote:
This doesn't even need extra proof - she said exactly that when she called her boyfriend drug dealer in an immigration jail where he's currently detained and spoke to him in their native language, Fulani.

Are you quite sure that people can place phone calls to inmates? Common sense should tell you that inmates can only place out-going calls--collect calls--to talk to someone outside the correctional facility.

And, in that phone call, the maid gave that man the exact same description of the sexual assault that she had given to the police. The realization that she might be able to profit from it, possibly with a civil suit, might well have come after the fact of the assault.

There is thus far no evidence that the maid lied about being sexually assaulted by DSK.
Quote:
I'm waiting for him to sue us for - substantial - damages, costs, etc, but I'm not sure on what legal basis he could do that.

Right, because there may be no legal basis for a suit. The City did not act maliciously or inappropriately in arresting and charging him. They had a complainant who appeared highly credible, and they had some forensic evidence to support her allegations--that was all they needed.
BillRM

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:40 pm
@firefly,
Yes indeed that why her story is changing over the details of this so call assault.

She is just another of a fairly long line of women who see gold in crying rape on a rich and high profile male.

Some get away with the gold and some do not however the victim here is DSK and likely the world economic in removing one of the best financial technician at a time of crisis.

Good going New York Police department and New York DA.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:42 pm
I think I've only posted once on this thread, not sure. I am loathe to reread. I said that I had a bias but that I would wait and see.

I have had two biases, as it happens. I have my long life experience of women friends confiding about their lives to me, which supports my listening to the maid until shown otherwise, which I would anyway but in this situation with a bit of bias re the maid - and I also have experience with a woman from africa lying to another person's major detriment - well, two other persons' detriment - and apologizing to me/us several years later in a late night phone call to me. In the case of that woman, I don't condemn her, as she was brought into a world she could barely comprehend and was manipulatable by just about everyone, including the well meaning. She was maneuvered by advice from another person probably trying to help her, thus maneuvering chaos herself.

Life is complicated. I figure both of these people have some complexity.

Dunno what happened in that hotel room. There are more possible likely scenarios to me now.
firefly

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:46 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Yes indeed that why her story is changing over the details of this so call assault.

You have never heard her relate her story of the sexual assault, so how would you know?

The D.A. has not said that the details of the sexual assault have ever changed. That's why the charges haven't been dropped yet.

Thus far there is no evidence that she lied about being sexually assaulted by DSK.
BillRM

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:46 pm
@firefly,
Would you like to bet say 10,000 dollars that DSK will shortly walk free with the charges drop?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:51 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Thus far there is no evidence that she lied about being sexually assaulted by DSK
there is no evidence that she is telling the truth either. The tie goes to the accused in our system.
BillRM

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 02:56 pm
@firefly,
The reason the charges had not been drop yet is they are trying to figure out how to save some damn face over this matter when they do so.

Seems little question that the real victim is DSK and once more Firefly you had shown us all that you have no outrageous when the victim is the male who is being falsely charge.

Oh well DSK will get a hero welcome in France upon his return.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 03:04 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
The reason the charges had not been drop yet is they are trying to figure out how to save some damn face over this matter when they do so
I dont share your optimism,,,as we saw with the Deutche Bank fire case Vance will take a case to court, on highly inflated charges, that he has almost no chance of convincing a jury with. I strongly suspect that this kind of Bull **** is the reason that the previous holder of the office now indicates that he made mistake by tapping Vance to be his replacement.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 03:24 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
They had a complainant who appeared highly credible, and they had some forensic evidence to support her allegations--that was all they needed.

You keep on and on saying that ff. And you respond to questions about it with nothing.

I notice that the SCU of the NYPD has a lot of women at the top just as the Swedish equivalent does which is chasing after the Wikileaks guy on the basis of some allegations by obviously loose women.

The Monstrous Regiment is advancing across No-mans-land and has passed halfway. Some TV broadcasts are ludicrous. A woman presenter is often seen interviewing two other women, all three dolled up, about the activities of men. Even football. There's one on Fox who says "And now for a Fox Special Feechewer" After the 2 minute feech she comes back on and says "that was a Fox News Special Feechewer. Thanks for watching. Cut to O'Reilly warning us about the No Spin Zone.
spendius

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 03:29 pm
@spendius,
The woman who is "in for Bill tonight" tries to imitate him saying "caution, you are entering the No Spin Zone" and she's absolutely hopeless at it. Bill's not so good either. But it's very funny. Maybe we should look on the bright side. Amusement is hard to find at those prices.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 04:04 pm
@spendius,
Honey, loose women are not always wrong.

We don't know in this case. Now I figure it was a set up, but yet again I don't know.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 04:10 pm
@ossobuco,
Before you guys yammer at me re not getting all possible scenarios - which I thought I did but did not jump to skulldugery as readily as all of you - I see you as a frontage of piled up concrete warding off women. Amusing, but not more useful than innocence to any given situation.
djjd62

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 04:21 pm
i'd still advocate some form of execution (likely the deadly kind) for DSK simply for being an international banker and politician
BillRM

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 04:32 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
i'd still advocate some form of execution (likely the deadly kind) for DSK simply for being an international banker and politician

Firefly would join you I am sure in calling for his execution for the crime of being a heterosexual male and daring to have affairs with women Drunk
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 05:22 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Honey, loose women are not always wrong.

They are when they are trying to look respectably Christian.

Quote:
We don't know in this case. Now I figure it was a set up, but yet again I don't know.

I know. It was an accident. A set of circumstances which all "jelled". Like Andy Warhol said about Ms Solanis emptying a revolver into his chest from three feet. "Just an accident Bob", he said nonchalantly. How cool is that? It matches what Flaubert has Spendius say in the last scene he figures in in Salammbo.

Anybody who thinks Yanks are "cool" should read this thread.

An emergency funding crisis in the Eurozone and this thread would not exist.
BillRM

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 05:25 pm
@djjd62,
Oh it look like the maid and DSK are both parts of the banking system as she seems to be taking part in the moving of low level drug dealers funds into the banking system.

0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 05:57 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I see you as a frontage of piled up concrete warding off women.
Obviously.....every man knows from experience the price paid for confronting a woman or women (often the same thing). Some of us insist upon doing it in certain spots anyways, because it is the right thing to do.
0 Replies