kimmi11

Thu 16 Feb, 2012 05:02 am
Hi Everyone!
Hi all. I am new to this forum.
0 Replies

EthanJoshua

Mon 20 Feb, 2012 05:59 am
I have just completed exterior painting task of my eighty years old house, and now I need help for interior painting, I am confused about choosing color.
0 Replies

DannyVboy

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 11:18 am
@jcboy,
I just noticed the house next door to you boys, looks beautiful Morgan, big difference!
jcboy

Fri 2 Mar, 2012 06:28 pm
@DannyVboy,
Thank you Danny, I didn’t do it I just picked out the color.
jcboy

Sat 10 Mar, 2012 05:59 pm
@jcboy,
My next-door neighbor whom is renting from us has been out all day doing landscaping. I must say her taste in decorating isn’t my cup of tea but it’s her place now so she can do what she wants.

She’s really a nice lady but a tad bit tipsy every now and then. Cool
jcboy

Thu 15 Mar, 2012 05:00 pm
@jcboy,
It’s back up for rent!

The lady whom rented our house next door signed a year lease with the property management company we hired to take care of the house. She’s only lived there a month. Well her mother had a stroke yesterday and now she needs to move back to Fort Myers to take care of her once she’s out of the hospital.

In a case like this I would never hold her to the lease and I’d let her out, the problem is we have a contract with the property management company, that’s who she signed the lease with. They get a small percentage monthly when the rent is paid. Now I’m in a dilemma because the property management company doesn’t want to let her out of the lease since they will also be loosing money, what to do what to do.
ossobuco

Thu 15 Mar, 2012 05:04 pm
@jcboy,
Hmmm, I'll be interested in what advice you get.
Could you pay them the small percent until you get another tenant? I guess that could turn out to be unwise.
jcboy

Thu 15 Mar, 2012 05:07 pm
@ossobuco,
I was thinking I just might have to do that. She signed with them and as long as they get their monies I don’t see where it would be a problem, plus they will rent it again and get paid all over again. I’m going to give my lawyer friend a call.
0 Replies

jcboy

Thu 15 Mar, 2012 06:14 pm
@ossobuco,
My lawyer friend said as long as they get their percentage each month he doesn’t see a problem with it.

Doesn’t matter if the tenant lives there or not as long as they get paid. So we’re going to tell them to let her out of the lease and we will pay them until it rents again. Of course it will cost us a little but I would feel guilty charging someone monthly in a situation like this, its her mother.

It's a cute little house and they had over a dozen applicants when they choose her so it should not be a problem renting it again.

I really liked her!
JPB

Thu 15 Mar, 2012 06:22 pm
@jcboy,
It sounds like she would have liked to stay there too until circumstances changed. Good on you for helping her out with her lease dilemma.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Thu 15 Mar, 2012 06:25 pm
@jcboy,
You might get another property manager though.

This is an emergency situation so to speak, that poor woman has no other choice than to move back and take care of her mother. If the property management cannot acknowledge that and help you out here until you get a new tenant, then I don't think they deserve any commission beyond what they're owed to.

If I were you, I would tell the property manager that they have a choice - either you will pay them until the contract has expired and never use them again, or they show some compassion for the woman's situation and lay off the commission until you have got a new tenant.

There are unforeseen circumstances in everyone's life, if a company cannot see beyond that and try to keep the client, then to hell with them.
Rockhead

Thu 15 Mar, 2012 06:31 pm
@CalamityJane,
having dealt with more than a couple of property management companies, I believe this to be the norm.

those folks are generally kinda assholey by nature...
CalamityJane

Thu 15 Mar, 2012 06:48 pm
@Rockhead,
Nothing lost in trying. If they want to keep him as client, they comply!
MMarciano

Thu 15 Mar, 2012 06:51 pm
@CalamityJane,
That’s my thoughts exactly! She liked the house, started doing the landscaping just this past weekend. Movers moved her in, which is another expense and now she has to hire movers to move her out.

She is a very nice lady; she was quite upset this evening. I’m all for letting her out as well. The property management company will bend or we’ll pay them off for the next 11 months and be done with them.
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Fri 16 Mar, 2012 09:14 am
That’s too bad about her mother but glad she is being let out of the lease. I was a little Leary when Morgan said he was using Brian’s management company. Brian has been in this community for quite sometime but has a reputation and not a good one, he’s all about money!
0 Replies

jcboy

Fri 16 Mar, 2012 04:15 pm
Well its done. The property management company is going to let her out of the lease and will not be making us pay until it’s rented. They already put up another four rent sign and believe they will rent it in no time at all.
CalamityJane

Fri 16 Mar, 2012 07:06 pm
@jcboy,
Perfect!!! Well done, boys! Have a great weekend Smile
0 Replies

Adam4Adam

Fri 16 Mar, 2012 07:54 pm
Brandon still wants that house, he asked me about it today. Probably not a good idea, just sayin,
MMarciano

Sat 17 Mar, 2012 01:38 pm
@Adam4Adam,
We don't have anything to do with renting it, has to go through the property management company. That's the way we wanted it.
0 Replies

JPB

Sat 17 Mar, 2012 02:35 pm
@jcboy,
Great news! Glad it's working out to everyone's satisfaction.