Osama Bin Laden is dead

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 06:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I'm not in the least embarrassed.

I'm not in the least surprised. You ought to be embarrassed, though. It's like farting in public.

Quote:
You're right though that I couldn't be bothered to spend any time at all running it down. What part of "I don't care," do you not understand?

Take a deep breath Cy.

You don't care, but you don't believe he was born here? All that says to me is that you've internalized the bullshit your party spews out, but are just intelligent enough to know that looking up facts probably won't work out so hot. I don't know why you think such an attitude would be anything BUT embarrassing.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 06:43 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
They have an attitude against knowing the truth, because they fear how stupid they are.
JTT

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 06:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
He is prime suspect in the murder of nearly 7,000 in the worst ever terrorist atrocities in the U.S. earlier this month.

Huh!!!?? How did it get up to 7,000?

Even if it were that number it would be miniscule compared to the terrorist atrocities committed by the US over the last 2 and a half centuries.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 06:53 pm
re FinnD'Abuzz
Perhaps you really should care a little, Finn, instead of repeating uncritically something you "heard" from people who are rightly generally regarded as nutballs by now. You can see a copy of Obama's birth certificate here
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/04/27/president-obamas-long-form-birth-certificate

It won't reproduce here with BBC codes, so I can't get it to show here. But it has NO mention of Barack Obama's race. It does NOT say he's African-American. There is no temporal anomaly. Your informant's information was totally wrong. His father's "race" is African (which is, of course, not in and of itself a race, not even a nationality), and his mother's as Caucasian. You generally steer clear of conspiracy theories, unlike some of your compatriots on the right, like Gungasnake and H2OMan, which is why people generally'respect you, even if we don't agree with you. I suggest you try to verify your positions a bit more.
JTT

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 06:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I'm not in the least embarrassed.

Tell us something we don't know, Finn. And this was nothing compared to your normal fare.

I'm not sure that you've ever heard the words 'ethics' or 'morality'. You certainly give no indication in your postings.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 07:01 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I just realized my original post contained what will probably be considered a Freudian slip.

I wrote that I didn't believe he was born in the US, but I actually believe he was.

But even if I believed he was born outside of the US it wouldn't matter (except for the fact that he would be revealed to be a liar). I don't care whether or not our president was born in the US, it is an idiotic disqualification for the office.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 07:05 pm
@MontereyJack,
Why should I care whether or not he was born in the US?

We're talking about the president of the United States, not a kid down the street or someone with whom I work.

To suggest that I should take care about spreading rumors about a public figure as public as Obama is ridiculous.

Somehow I doubt you held yourself to this same set of ethics when it came to George Bush.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 07:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
We all know where your desires lie.
oralloy

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 09:11 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Thank u, Oralloy.
I wonder if u can shed any light on the functionality of this slug.
I 've heard this 2 ways:
it has been alleged that on impact within the target,
the .223 slug tumbles, thereby producing a much greater wound cavity
than .223 woud suggest.

Any rifle bullet that does not expand, is going to flip around, as the laws of physics make it want to pass through flesh with the pointy end trailing.

With M-16 bullets, there is a weakness in the bullets, so if they are traveling sideways through flesh at a high enough velocity, they instantly shatter, violently carving out a large internal cavity.

And of course, they always end up traveling sideways midway through their flip from front to back.

You always need high velocity for it to work though, so 20-inch barrels are best.

Here is the wound profile of the Vietnam-era M-16 bullet:

http://www.firearmstactical.com/images/Wound%20Profiles/M193.jpg

And the wound profile of the modern version:

http://www.firearmstactical.com/images/Wound%20Profiles/M855.jpg

The Special Forces though, use a different round, as they tend to use guns that have much shorter barrels. The above bullets would never work well from a short barrel.

They use a bullet that expands in the manner of a normal hunting bullet. It also uses faster-burning powder so as to work well with the shorter barrels.

The profile I posted on the previous page was for a normal hunting bullet, but since it has the same energy and expansion characteristics as the one the Special Forces use, the wound profile is a good match.

OmSigDAVID wrote:
On the other hand,
I 've heard that there were complaints that this was too similar
to dum dum bullets, such that a complaint to NATO
resulted in changing its functioning to avoid the tumbling
thereby not to resemble dum dum bullets
and just leaving what is in effect a .22 caliber bullet hitting the target.

I notice that there is no mention of tumbling
in the diagram.

Have u heard anything about this,
to either confirm or deny it ??

There were such complaints. Anti-war types are never happy.

However, NATO responded by ignoring the complaints and not changing anything. Mr. Green

I believe Switzerland developed armor-piercing bullets for their .223 rifles, which due to their armor-piecing construction do not shatter when they flip from front to back. Then they marketed it as "a more lawful bullet" in order to placate their local anti-war types, who otherwise would have thrown a tantrum over the idea of upgrading to AP ammo. But that was just marketing (sort of the way Obama is placating the left by characterizing a huge buildup of all-new unmanned stealth bombers and Mach-6 hypersonic cruise missiles, as a big cut in military spending).

The diagram I first posted doesn't show tumbling because the Special Forces were using a bullet that expands in the manner of a normal hunting bullet.

The diagrams above don't go out of their way to depict the half-tumble, but if you notice they don't show the big expansion until they've penetrated a ways, that is due to the fact that they haven't yet flipped around sideways when they first penetrate.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 09:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
They have an attitude against knowing the truth, because they fear how stupid they are.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 09:40 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Quote:
He is prime suspect in the murder of nearly 7,000 in the worst ever terrorist atrocities in the U.S. earlier this month.

Note the article refers to 9/11 as "earlier this month".

In the early days, the casualty estimates were double the actual number.

Note this from September 23, 2001:

Quote:
Press Release
SOURCE: Newsweek

Pentagon Board Wants Hit on Iraq After Afghanistan, But Secretary of State Powell Fears Strike Could Shatter Arab Anti-Terror Coalition

NEW YORK, Sept. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- At a two-day meeting last week of the Pentagon's Defense Policy Board, which is chaired by hard-liner Richard Perle, eminent conservatives including Henry Kissinger, James Schlesinger, Dan Quayle and Newt Gingrich reached a consensus that U.S. military forces should strike Iraq shortly after an initial blow against Afghanistan in response to the terror attack on New York and Washington, Newsweek reports in the current issue. ``When the U.S. loses what may be more than 6,000 people, there has to be reaction so that the world clearly knows that things have changed,'' Gingrich tells Newsweek.

But Secretary of State Colin Powell fears a strike on Iraq could shatter his efforts to build a worldwide anti-terror coalition. The aim would be to pool intelligence on terrorists with ``global reach'' and to gain police cooperation which he and National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice believe is at least as critical to cracking down on terror as military action, report Foreign Editor Michael Hirsh and Diplomatic Correspondent Roy Gutman in the October 1 issue of Newsweek (on newsstands Monday, September 24).

The strike-Iraq contingent fears American credibility will be damaged if the U.S. gets bogged down in Afghanistan. It also believes Saddam's weapons of mass destruction could be used against America next, Newsweek reports. There is ``a recognition that it will be very tough to get bin Laden in the rocky and mountainous terrain of Afghanistan,'' said one participant in the Pentagon meetings. ``There's a feeling we've got to do something that counts -- and bombing some caves is not something that counts.''

On the other hand, Powell and deputies believe a full-blown military strike on Baghdad would only kill many Iraqis, enrage the Arab world and probably not dispose of Saddam, who has slowly won new allies with promises of oil deals since 1991.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010924113109/biz.yahoo.com/prnews/010923/nysu001a_1.html
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 09:58 pm
@oralloy,

What Newt said? LOL
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 10:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
We do?

How did eveyone find out I have a thing for hispanic women?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 10:55 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:

Even if it were that number it would be miniscule compared to the terrorist atrocities committed by the US over the last 2 and a half centuries.

Because 3,000 is such a pitifuly small number, and especially so when it is applied to war-mongering, terrorism approving, sons-of-bitches Americans!
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 11:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It is a pitifully small number compared to what GW Bush did to kill tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 11:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And you judged each and every situation of the Iraqis who died?

What about the Serbs Clinton killed? Were they all ethnic-cleansers deserving to be blown to bits? Were the Chinese diplomats who died when NATO bombed their embassy in Serbia?

Try and be consistent for a change.

oralloy

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2012 11:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
It is a pitifully small number compared to what GW Bush did to kill tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis.

Collateral damage wouldn't be more than 10,000. And now the Iraqis have freedom and democracy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 12:14 am
@oralloy,
Are you really that ignorant? Violence continues as it did before we invaded Iraq. Suicide bombings continue. We just added to their death numbers by our illegal invasion.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 12:15 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't need to; our invasion was illegal by international law.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 12:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I don't need to; our invasion was illegal by international law.

You don't need to be consistent?

Spoken like a true Liberal, reinforced by your commitment to international law.

Our bombing of Serbia was not illegal by international law?

Frankly, I don't give a crimson **** about international law. I don't live in the international nor am I an international citizen.

It's odd how you lefties worship international law while arguing that American law is influenced, if not corrupted by American bad eggs. Presumably you must think that international law is conceive only by the best, brightest and most moral of Belgium citizens.
0 Replies