good news and bad news for BBB

roger

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 11:18 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Since every thing sounds like perfection, this will sound superfluous, but good luck anyway.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 11:23 am
@roger,
I'm so relieved it's a go. Thanks lovely friend.

BBB
Roberta

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 12:23 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
You're surrounded by loveability. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm still rooting for you, kid.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 05:54 pm
@Roberta,
Will be thinking of you tomorrow, BBB.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 06:22 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Here's wishing good luck and good energy to you.
msolga

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 06:29 pm
@Ragman,
Best of luck, BBB!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 06:34 pm
Good wishes from the edgarster too BBB.
Eva

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 08:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
And from me, too! I'll be thinking of you...
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 08:21 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Hope all goes well with the surgery, BBB.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 10:44 pm
With your attitude, BBB, I'm confident that you'll do very well tomorrow, But just in case I'll do one of my secular prayers for you.
Love, JLN
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 10:44 pm
With your attitude, BBB, I'm confident that you'll do very well tomorrow, But just in case I'll do one of my secular prayers for you.
Love, JLN
roger

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 11:13 pm
@JLNobody,
I need to learn that. Secular prayers, I mean. There have been occasions. . . .
Izzie

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 06:46 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Thinking of you BBB and hoping all will go really well today and we hear from you soon.

Heal well...

(((BBB)))x
0 Replies

Stugotz

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 04:30 pm
Stu here, BBB had her hip replaced today and all went well. At the time of this posting she should be in her room now and waking up. Butrfly will keep all of you in the loop.

Thanks for your well wishes

Stu

farmerman

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 04:35 pm
@Stugotz,
good to hear. Hope its a quick mend . Good hearing from you too.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 04:37 pm
@roger,
I think you have to say them twice...

in the theater we say break a leg, but that might be inappropriate here...

hang in there, BBB.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 06:37 pm
So far so good -
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 11:04 pm
Just getting home from the hospital. Was there for a total 15 hours. The surgery itself took only 50 minutes. The rest of the time was spent waiting for various processes, procedures and people to fall into place.

She's in a lot of pain, as expected, and having some other difficulties. I'm going to get myself some dinner and then head to bed. I'm exhausted. Will post more when I've been to the hospital again in the morning.

Right now, I don't think she's ready for visitors or phone calls. Things may improve by morning.

For now, can any of you medical people come up with any reasons that BBB would be feeling extreme pressure in her stomach and bladder area? She's got a Foley bag, you can see the urine draining down the hose and into the bag. It had accumulated about 2 cups worth by the time I left. They've deflated the catheter balloon and adjusted it a little, then inflated it again. That relieved the pain for about 3 hours and then it started up again. This time, nothing they do seems to be relieving the pain. They've done bladder scans and find no fluids in the bladder.

The nurse says some of it may just be radiating pain from the hip joint. Mom says it is more like painful pressure, like having a full bladder or being full of gas.

The only thing I can think of is it may be similar to something that happened to me in the hospital. My uretha got very irritated and swollen from the catheter and was extremely painful until I finally convinced the doctors to remove the catheter and replace it with another one.

Any ideas?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 08:58 am
@Butrflynet,
Ouch. Hoping for improvement with the bladder pressure business.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 8 May, 2012 11:46 am
My first thought is the possible beginning of infection.... but... she should be on antibiotics already correct?

Next thought... latex allergy.? That can be a build up reaction/allergy and if she has been in and out of medical facilities a lot lately... something to think of..