It'a Always One Great Piece Of News After Another

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 04:47 pm
I've had a lot of health issues lately which have been keeping me down (physically not emotionally) , sleeping 16 hours a day if not working, eyesight worsening, general malaise, just a bunch of stuff.

I have diabetes. My blood sugar count is through the roof. So the doc sends me home with a one touch Ultra 2 and of course I can't get the ******* thing to work.

I also can't turn my head side to side and it hurts like hell 24/7 and even shoots pain up into my head all the time. Got cervical x rays today, who knows WTF that will show.

And no ******* insurance. Ain't life grand?

"scuse me while I cathartically rant.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 04:59 pm
Ain't life a bowl of cherries?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 05:24 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Rant away, kid. I hope it helps.

I have different health problems, but I was in the same situation. One thing after another and no insurance.

Life is peachy.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 09:07 pm
I'm fast reaching the point where the only reason I care about living is to take care of Stephen and not traumatize my other kids. Other than that, I had a great run and Hell is not in my belief system.
Eva

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 09:24 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
We should start a club. I just got the same diagnosis two months ago.

Did they start you on oral medication? It has lowered my numbers substantially in two months, and the doctor says it will get even lower over a few more months.
roger

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 10:30 pm
@Eva,
I started medication about the same time, and it has helped. Glad to hear further improvement is likely. Of course, now that winter is past <crosses fingers> I get more exercise, which helps a lot.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 03:19 am
@Eva,
going in to the docs again Monday am to set up whatever maintenance program I'm going to be on. He says I will need to take regular insulin shots. Apprently my 2006 surgery when they took out my gall bladder and part og my pancreas left me with problems producing insulin diabetes or not so that's another lovely complication.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 05:18 am

I wish u all the Best, Bear.

I hope that you will recover your good health, better than when u were young!

Good luck!

David
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 06:05 am
I always thought good health was mind over matter and have spent my life being child like as part of that pursuit. Wrong again. Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 07:49 am
@Eva,
Eva wrote:

We should start a club. I just got the same diagnosis two months ago.

I believe I'm going to get that diagnosis soon, too. Sad

And I'm one of those folks that has normal weight. My sister has it, but is over-weight. Double whammy.

Sorry to hear of all your troubles. You're in good company. I've already "survived" cancer from many years back, too.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 09:01 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
And no ******* insurance. Ain't life grand?

I thought that there was a health care bill passed; the one that they are playing tennis with.

Ganbatte, kudasai!
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 09:07 am
@JTT,
a watered down to useless **** healthcare bill was passed. I'm able to get guaranteed health insurance under the new plan for a mere 568.00 a month.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 09:22 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Yeah, it basically included the worst ideas from both sides.

Can you get your income low enough to qualify for Medicaid? In my state, that means under $10,000 gross. You could also marry a French, Swedish or Danish girl and qualify for great healthcare in one of those countries.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 09:47 am
@Green Witch,
no way. My SS checks will be more than that. In addition I don't want to work the system, but I would sure like for the system to work for me and everyone else.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 02:05 pm
My income is above the limit for normal Medicaid. But there's something called Medicaid for the Working Disabled, which is what I get. There's a much higher income limit.

The requirements for disability for Medicaid are much lower than thay are for federal disability.

I can't remember whether you live in North or South Carolina. The program exists in both states. Here's the info for NC:

http://info.dhhs.state.nc.us/olm/manuals/dma/abd/man/MA2525.htm

Sorry if I have the wrong Carolina. The info is on google.

You might want to investigate. It's been a life saver for me.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 01:36 am
Here's the link for SC:

http://www.dhhs.state.sc.us/dhhsnew/insidedhhs/bureaus/EligiblityPolicyAndOversight/WORKINdisabled.asp
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2011 06:27 am
@Roberta,
thanks roberta... I'm looking into it. and for me, it's N. Carolina Smile
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 07:10 am
Took my first insulin injection yesterday and actually feel better already. I'm playing hell getting the blood sugar meter I'm supposed to use a couple of times a day to work and can't get a damn reading though.

I'm going to the opthamologist here in an hour or so. that's my big concern, my eyesight is failing and that would make it hard to be a dj or a musician. I have to type everything three times for the typos.

My cervical xrays did not show anything that would account for my neck and head problems so an MRI on Monday.

I had this dream that although I don't need a lot of things, I could get another jet ski or a small boat for my retirement years. Hardy har ******* har.
Eva

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 08:24 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
They gave me a meter a couple of years ago and suggested I use it occasionally, especially when I'm sick. They referred me to a diabetes clinic that is part of a hospital here. The techs there set up my meter and showed me how to use it.

Can your doctor's office set it up for you and walk you thru it?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 12:00 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I worry about someone injecting insulin without a very good idea of what their blood sugar level really is.
0 Replies