The Communist Origin of the Modern Conservative Movement VI

oralloy

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2019 09:02 pm
@Zardoz,
Zardoz wrote:
The ak-47 is the exact same gun except you need to pull the trigger more often.

"Full-auto" and "not-full-auto" are not the same gun.

Zardoz wrote:
Assault weapons were designed to kill large number of people rapidly whether you have to pull the trigger once or several times.

Assault weapons have been tightly regulated for the past 85 years, and people are only allowed to have them if they were manufactured and registered more than 33 years ago.

No legally-registered assault weapon has ever been used in a crime in the US.

Zardoz wrote:
How do you explain the fact that the emergency doctors, who treat gunshot wounds everyday said they had only seen the baseball size exit wounds on a battlefield?

It could be the only time they've ever seen a rifle wound.

Zardoz wrote:
Weapons of war are designed with one purpose in mind killing the enemy.

Weapons of war have been tightly regulated for the past 85 years, and people are only allowed to have them if they were manufactured and registered more than 33 years ago.

No legally-registered weapon of war has ever been used in a crime in the US.

Zardoz wrote:
If you can kill by blowing baseball size holes in the enemy that is a huge plus.

Any high velocity rifle can do that.

Zardoz wrote:
It does not change the fact that the weapons of war are exactly the same with the same capabilities with the exception that one need only pull the trigger once to empty a 50-round magazine.

They don't have the same capabilities. One can fire full auto. That means they are not exactly the same.

Zardoz wrote:
There is no big difference

There is a considerable difference between "full-auto" and "not-full-auto".

Zardoz wrote:
and mass murderers have simply modified their assault weapons to full-automatic.

No mass murderer has ever used an assault weapon in the US.

Zardoz wrote:
Mass murderers can and have modified their assault weapons to full-automatics the guns are exactly the same. Some even develop a malfunction that allows them to fire in bursts of gun fire.

No mass murderer has ever used an assault weapon in the US.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 09:03 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
The ak-47 is the exact same gun except you need to pull the trigger more often.

That makes them different types of weapons, no selective fire switch.

Quote:
Assault weapons were designed to kill large number of people rapidly whether you have to pull the trigger once or several times.

Assault weapons/rifles have a selective fire switch, semi-auto rifles do not.

Quote:
How do you explain the fact that the emergency doctors,

As for the Dr's working the ER, I doubt many of them have ever been in a war zone or patched up soldiers on front line. When they make those comments, the next question asked should be where they served. Many of them haven't been in the military.

Quote:
who treat gunshot wounds everyday said they had only seen the baseball size exit wounds on a battlefield?

The AR-15 round, 5.56/.223 does not cause that type of damage to people. The much larger AK-47 round will cause that type of damage. It doesn't matter what type of rifle fired the round, it's the round itself that does all the damage. 7.65 rounds are larger than the .223/5.56 round and carry that much more kinetic energy.

Quote:
It does not change the fact that the weapons of war are exactly the same with the same capabilities with the exception that one need only pull the trigger once to empty a 50-round magazine.

You just proved they aren't the same weapons. If you have to pull the

Quote:
There is no big difference and mass murderers have simply modified their assault weapons to full-automatic.

This is a lie, not one single mass shooting has taken place with a modified weapon. 1 mass shooting had the use of bump stocks, but those have since been banned. You tell so many lies here.

Quote:
Mass murderers can and have modified their assault weapons to full-automatics the guns are exactly the same. Some even develop a malfunction that allows them to fire in bursts of gun fire.

More lies, no mass shootings have taken place with a modified semi-auto rifle being used. Stop the lies.
Zardoz

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 10:00 pm
@Baldimo,
An ak-47 is assault weapon whether it is automatic or semi-automatic. When the ak-47 were banned it was to ban the semi-automatic version of that weapon of war. Your definition is self-serving and is not the legal definition as the law banning ak-47 was the legal definition.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Your online purchase of assault weapons can be done just as it was done by the El Paso mass murderer simply have it sent to your local gun store and let them complete the sale.

Federal and state laws define assault weapon as: referring primarily to semi-automatic rifles, pistols, and shot guns that are able to accept detachable magazines and possess one or more other features.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
See the legal definition of assault weapons above.
The only thing anybody needs to know about those weapons of war is that they are used repeatedly in the most-deadly mass murderers.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The one thing most mass murderers have in common is that they are gun nuts. They worship at the alter of the gun. There is no way of knowing whether any NRA member was a mass murderer because the NRA keeps their membership list secret even the exact number is kept secret.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The problem is not the gun, the problem is how to get 900 rounds into the gun. You will notice when I list that figure that the manufacturer claims it is at a rate of 900 rounds a minute. That means that gun is capable of firing a 50-round clip in a little over three seconds.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The tracer rounds might not have been used but they were found in mass murderer’s hotel room it seems he had a lot more ammunition then he could use.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
That is how mass murderers do it just shoot in the direction of the crowd.
I have aimed a gun before and it takes time. Even a pistol takes time to aim.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The reason you have a pistol grip on an assault weapon is to allow you to fire it from other positions than the shoulder. There are surveillance footage of the mass murderers firing their weapons of war and they are not at their shoulder.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The pistol grip gives you a much better grip on the gun. It might not have much recoil but if it hits you 50 times it would begin to do damage.
Most of the killings in Chicago are criminal on criminal crimes on the other hand those killed with weapons of war are innocent victims of random murder for the sake of murder killings. Gang killings are done for a reason. Criminals have always killed other criminals.
I actually owned a gun 50 years ago and fired it many times. I know what it took to aim it. I finally realized how dangerous it was to have a gun in the house and sold it.
It might only fire one round per trigger pull but I can pull the trigger an unlimited number of times. Your saying if you were in 10 foot of the broad side of a barn you could not hit the barn. The mass murderers are not 200 feet from their targets these killings are close up and personal. In most of these killings the shooter is within a few feet of his victims. Remember there is film of most of these mass murders and actual facts blow your theory out of the water.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The shooter in the pulse night club was standing close enough to the people he was killing that he could not miss again there is film.

oralloy

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 10:32 pm
@Zardoz,
Zardoz wrote:
An ak-47 is assault weapon whether it is automatic or semi-automatic.

That is incorrect. Semi-auto-only guns are not assault weapons.

Zardoz wrote:
When the ak-47 were banned it was to ban the semi-automatic version of that weapon of war.

That is incorrect. Semi-auto-only guns are not weapons of war.

Zardoz wrote:
Your definition is self-serving

His definition is correct.

Zardoz wrote:
and is not the legal definition as the law banning ak-47 was the legal definition.

If Democrats write a fraudulent definition into law, that does not change the actual definition.

As an example, if Democrats were to pass a law saying that the sky is green, the sky would still be blue.

Zardoz wrote:
Your online purchase of assault weapons can be done just as it was done by the El Paso mass murderer simply have it sent to your local gun store and let them complete the sale.

Assault weapons have been tightly controlled for the past 85 years, and people can only own one if it was manufactured and registered more then 33 years ago.

No legally-registered assault weapon has ever been used in a crime.

Zardoz wrote:
Federal and state laws define assault weapon as: referring primarily to semi-automatic rifles, pistols, and shot guns that are able to accept detachable magazines and possess one or more other features.

Those definitions are fraudulent.

Zardoz wrote:
The only thing anybody needs to know about those weapons of war is that they are used repeatedly in the most-deadly mass murderers.

Weapons of war have been tightly controlled for the past 85 years, and people can only own one if it was manufactured and registered more then 33 years ago.

No legally-registered weapon of war has ever been used in a crime.

Zardoz wrote:
That is how mass murderers do it just shoot in the direction of the crowd.

If they want to be successful they will take the time to aim.

Zardoz wrote:

That does not change the fact that aiming is necessary in order to hit the target.

Zardoz wrote:
The reason you have a pistol grip on an assault weapon is to allow you to fire it from other positions than the shoulder.

No it isn't. Only people who don't know how to shoot will fire a gun without aiming it.

Zardoz wrote:
There are surveillance footage of the mass murderers firing their weapons of war and they are not at their shoulder.

What footage? Let's see a cite.

Zardoz wrote:
The pistol grip gives you a much better grip on the gun.

No it doesn't. All guns have a provision for gripping them.

Zardoz wrote:
Most of the killings in Chicago are criminal on criminal crimes on the other hand those killed with weapons of war are innocent victims of random murder for the sake of murder killings.

No legally-registered weapon of war has ever been used in a crime in the US.

Zardoz wrote:
Remember there is film of most of these mass murders and actual facts blow your theory out of the water.

What film? Let's see a cite.

Zardoz wrote:
The shooter in the pulse night club was standing close enough to the people he was killing that he could not miss again there is film.

What film? Let's see a cite.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 08:59 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
An ak-47 is assault weapon whether it is automatic or semi-automatic. When the ak-47 were banned it was to ban the semi-automatic version of that weapon of war. Your definition is self-serving and is not the legal definition as the law banning ak-47 was the legal definition.

You are wrong, it must have a selective fire switch. What you say is a valid definition, is a made up definition by anti-gun politicians.

Quote:

That is exactly what I said, they still have to go to an FFL licensed dealer to have the sale completed. You indicated before that it was just ordered online and sent to your house, which is a lie.

Quote:
The one thing most mass murderers have in common is that they are gun nuts.

That isn't true, majority of the shooters bought their guns for the shooting or stole them from their parents.

Quote:
They worship at the alter of the gun.

Once again, not true.

Quote:
There is no way of knowing whether any NRA member was a mass murderer because the NRA keeps their membership list secret even the exact number is kept secret.

The NRA might keep their membership private, but that doesn't mean the media wouldn't pick up on things found during the investigation. If any mass shooter was an NRA member, it would have been found and reported by the media. The NRA also reports that they have over 5 million members.

Quote:
The problem is not the gun, the problem is how to get 900 rounds into the gun.

You can't get 900 rounds into a gun, that's why the # you use is bullshit.

Quote:
You will notice when I list that figure that the manufacturer claims it is at a rate of 900 rounds a minute. That means that gun is capable of firing a 50-round clip in a little over three seconds.

If you can pull the trigger that fast, but you still need to have something to hold all the ammo, there is no device to do such a thing on the market. 100 round drums are the closest someone can get, and they are known to jam, just like they did with the Aurora shooter.

Quote:

It takes a couple of seconds, unless you are blind.

Quote:
The reason you have a pistol grip on an assault weapon is to allow you to fire it from other positions than the shoulder.

That is just plain wrong and you have zero proof of such things.

Quote:
There are surveillance footage of the mass murderers firing their weapons of war and they are not at their shoulder.

Provide a link to the video then. I've searched for such video and all I can find is people having the weapon up to their shoulder. There is no "shooting from the hip" as you claim.

Quote:
The pistol grip gives you a much better grip on the gun.

That is about the only thing you have said in this gun debate that is true.

Quote:
It might not have much recoil but if it hits you 50 times it would begin to do damage.

No it won't, it's a very small round with the same kick as about a .22LR. Heck they are pretty much the same round except the 5.56/223 has more powder. The AR15 is not going to cause damage to your shoulder if you fire it that many times, more lies. In basic training, Drill Sgt's will place the gun on their chin and fire it, to prove it has very little recoil. A standard day at the range in the Army is firing well over 50 rounds just to qualify. Stop the lies!

Quote:
Most of the killings in Chicago are criminal on criminal crimes on the other hand those killed with weapons of war are innocent victims of random murder for the sake of murder killings. Gang killings are done for a reason. Criminals have always killed other criminals.

Most of the people shot in Chicago are more than likely just as innocent as those who are shot in a mass shooting. When you have 28 people killed in the month of Sept and 128 shot, do you really think all those people are gang members?

This is along the line of bullshit you tried to sell a couple months back about the guy who defended his home against home invaders and you claimed he was a drug dealer. Keep casting those aspersions against people you don't know.

Quote:
I actually owned a gun 50 years ago and fired it many times. I know what it took to aim it. I finally realized how dangerous it was to have a gun in the house and sold it.

You likely had a little .38 Snub nose revolver. The gun wasn't dangerous, it was likely you who was dangerous with the weapon. Did you do a background check on the person who bought it? Hypocrite!

Quote:
It might only fire one round per trigger pull but I can pull the trigger an unlimited number of times.

You can only pull the trigger for the amount of ammo you have in the gun. Guns don't have unlimited ammo.

Quote:
Your saying if you were in 10 foot of the broad side of a barn you could not hit the barn.

I'm an excellent shot, qualified expert on many gun platforms while I was in the Army. Plus my dad was a Marine and a cop, so I learned to shoot from the best.

Quote:
The mass murderers are not 200 feet from their targets these killings are close up and personal. In most of these killings the shooter is within a few feet of his victims. Remember there is film of most of these mass murders and actual facts blow your theory out of the water.

Does this go for the Las Vegas shooting as well? He was at least 400 yards away.

Most people who visit the pathetic excuses for a debate know you are making up half the stuff you say. When you are you going to stop making stuff up and be honest about this debate?
Zardoz

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 09:25 pm
@Baldimo,
You have the legal definition of assault weapons and it says otherwise.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Assault weapons are exactly what they are under the law.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The weapons have all the same capabilities one is operated manually. My 370Z can be ordered as an automatic or it can be operated manually. I prefer the manual transmission because I want to decide when to shift. Just because my 370Z has a manual transmission does not mean it is another type car. Same way with a corvette with a manual transmission it is still a corvette.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
That does not change the fact that assault weapons are assault weapons whether they are manual or automatic.
That was the law of the land at one time and those very same assault weapons were banned and they will be again. Ninety percent of the public is now in favor of some form of gun control. It is you who is making things up trying to keep the streets full of weapons of war.
The NRA keeps it membership secret for a good reason. The most import qualification for a mass murderer is that he first be a gun nut. Most mass murderers are fascinated by guns. They just arrested 3 teenage girls here because they planned to shoot up their school.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The manufacture of the assault weapons writes the specifications for their assault weapons. If they are incorrect, they can be sued. The only reason that the Las Vegas shooter could not fire that many rounds is that no 900 round clips exists yet. That is the rate it fires at like taking your pulse for 15 seconds and doing the math to get your pulse rate.
Tracer rounds were indeed found the Las Vegas shooter just had not got around to using them yet.
That is how mass murderers do it.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I spent time aiming a gun and it takes time.
Most mass murderers were filmed by surveillance camera and someone in a bar standing within a few feet of his victims does not need to aim. This is not like deer hunting.
The pistol grip makes the gun much harder to take away.
Criminal have always killed other criminals but the general public is relatively safe from those killings and that is what is happening in Chicago. Mass Murderers target innocent people just to see how many people their assault weapons can kill. It is a whole different problem. You might even argue that criminals are doing a public service by killing other criminals.
Sorry I owned a gun many years ago.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If you are standing close enough to hit the victim over the head with your assault weapon you don’t need to aim.
There is film of the shooting in Pulse night club and you can bet he was not aiming.
All you need to do is look at what weapons were used in the two most recent mass murders.
oralloy

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 09:53 pm
@Zardoz,
Zardoz wrote:
You have the legal definition of assault weapons and it says otherwise.

Fraudulent definitions are meaningless.

Zardoz wrote:
Assault weapons are exactly what they are under the law.

That is incorrect. Assault weapons:

a) are capable of either full-auto or burst-fire

b) accept detachable magazines

c) fire rounds that are less powerful than a standard deer rifle, and

d) are effective at a range of 300 meters.

This means that semi-auto-only guns are not assault weapons.

This means that guns with fixed magazines are not assault weapons.

This means that guns that fire handgun/shotgun/rimfire rounds are not assault weapons.

This means that guns that fire rounds equal-to or greater-than the power of a standard deer rifle are not assault weapons.

Zardoz wrote:
The weapons have all the same capabilities one is operated manually.

That is incorrect. A semi-auto-only gun goes not have the same capabilities as a full-auto gun.

Zardoz wrote:
That does not change the fact that assault weapons are assault weapons whether they are manual or automatic.

This means that guns that fire handgun/shotgun/rimfire rounds are not assault weapons.

This means that guns that fire rounds equal-to or greater-than the power of a standard deer rifle are not assault weapons.

Zardoz wrote:
That was the law of the land at one time and those very same assault weapons were banned and they will be again.

That is incorrect. They are not assault weapons, and neither the NRA nor the Supreme Court will allow you to ban them.

Zardoz wrote:
It is you who is making things up trying to keep the streets full of weapons of war.

Everything that he said looks true to me.

He has not proposed changing the already-tight restrictions for weapons of war so far as I can see.

Zardoz wrote:
Most mass murderers were filmed by surveillance camera and someone in a bar standing within a few feet of his victims does not need to aim.

They do if they want to hit the target.

Zardoz wrote:

That is incorrect. They have no such effect.

Zardoz wrote:
Mass Murderers target innocent people just to see how many people their assault weapons can kill.

No mass murder has ever been carried out with an assault weapon in the US. They are very tightly regulated.

Zardoz wrote:
If you are standing close enough to hit the victim over the head with your assault weapon you don’t need to aim.

You do if you want to hit the target.

Zardoz wrote:
There is film of the shooting in Pulse night club and you can bet he was not aiming.

He wouldn't have been lethal without aiming.

Zardoz wrote:
All you need to do is look at what weapons were used in the two most recent mass murders.

No assault weapon has ever been used in a murder in the US. They are very tightly regulated.
oralloy

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 10:01 pm
@Zardoz,
Zardoz wrote:
Slide rules and computers are both used to do calculations but there is all the difference in the world in the two. There is that much difference between a semi-automatic an assault weapon.

That is why it is wrong to treat semi-automatic weapons as if they are some kind of problem for society.

Zardoz wrote:
Your argument is not with me it is with Colt, the manufacturer of assault weapons. The manufacturer of assault weapons wants to make absolute sure that the public knows that their assault weapon will kill more in less time than other manufacturers of assault weapons. That is the selling point. Mass murderers choose the assault weapons that will kill the most.
Then why do you need an assault weapon that fires at a 900 round a minute rate?
If you are hunting with assault weapons you must want to kill the whole herd.

Assault weapons have been tightly regulated for the past 85 years, and people are only allowed to have them if they were manufactured and registered more than 33 years ago.

No legally-registered assault weapon has ever been used in a crime.

Zardoz wrote:
Laws are limited to what is written not to what you can imagine. Many a court case has been lost because people imagined there was far more then what was written.

It is written that the government is forbidden from passing gun laws that cannot be justified with a good reason. Nothing about this is imaginary.

Zardoz wrote:
Bump stocks only take advantage of the already existing design capabilities of assault weapons.
A bump stock is just another way to make an assault weapon fire more like a full-automatic, the full-automatic firing mechanism is another.
If you can ban a bump stock because it makes an assault weapon fire faster, you can ban the full-automatic mechanism.

Assault weapons do not need bump stocks. Bump stocks were used on ordinary guns.

Zardoz wrote:
Pistol grips don't increase the firing rate of assault weapons but they make mass murderers job much easier.

That is incorrect. Pistol grips do nothing to make murder any easier.

Zardoz wrote:
When tools are designed, they are designed for a specific purpose such as killing a large number of people or for a butter knife to spread butter.

Semi-auto guns with pistol grips are often designed for hunting or self defense.

Zardoz wrote:
The primary purpose for making assault weapons is to kill large numbers of people.

Maybe so, but that's nothing to do with the ordinary rifles like a semi-auto AR-15.

Zardoz wrote:
Hunting can be done with a simple rifle.

Semi-auto AR-15s are simple rifles. They make great hunting guns.

Zardoz wrote:
If you are really serious about committing mass murder assault weapons are the way to go.

Maybe so. But they've been tightly regulated for the past 85 years, and people can only own them if they were manufactured and registered more than 33 years ago.

No crime has ever been carried out with a legally registered assault weapon in the US.

Zardoz wrote:
There are two completely different design of weapons one is a semi-automatic and one is an assault weapon.

That is why I keep saying that it is wrong to treat them the same.

Zardoz wrote:
Again, your argument is with Colt who claim their assault weapons can fire at a 900 round a minute rate.

That is incorrect. My argument is with wrongly applying "their claim about full-auto weapons" to semi-auto weapons.

Zardoz wrote:
The superior design of an assault weapons makes them capable of firing 900 rounds a minute rate.

That's nothing to do with an ordinary gun like a semi-auto AR-15.

Zardoz wrote:
You need to read the specifications for assault weapons. The only difference between the semi-automatics version and the full automatics is a little modification of the firing mechanism. Same gun just one small difference.

The difference between "full-auto" and "not full-auto" is considerable.

Zardoz wrote:
What might not be possible for you is possible for mass murderers.

That is incorrect. What applies to me applies to them. If a shooter wants to hit their target they need to aim.

Zardoz wrote:
We know the Dayton shooter fired 41 rounds in 30 seconds. Do you think he had time to aim?

I know he had to aim.

Zardoz wrote:
Assault weapons, according to the doctors that treated the wounded in El Paso, said they have never seen such severe injuries except on battle fields. Twenty-two people died and 30 others were injured with baseball sized exit wounds according to doctors that treated them. Twenty-two dead is hardly minor injuries. The crowd might disperse after 22 are dead and 30 injured.

No assault weapon was used in that shooting. No legally registered assault weapon has ever been used in any crime in the US.

Zardoz wrote:
Mass murders have proved over and over again that firing into crowds kills large number of people. How many times do you have to see it happen before you can see reality? You want to ignore reality and imagine what could happen.

These murderers have always had to aim their weapon.

Zardoz wrote:
People in confined spaces often can't escape fires let alone a mass murder armed with an assault weapon.

No crime has ever been committed with a legally-owned assault weapon in the US.

Zardoz wrote:
You need not hit a vital area, a major artery wit a bas ball sized exit wound will make you just as dead.

Such an artery would constitute something vital.

Zardoz wrote:
We are talking about weapons of war not pistol grips.

Weapons of war have been tightly regulated for the past 85 years, and can only be owned if they were manufactured and registered more than 33 years ago.

No legally-owned weapon of war has ever been used in a crime in the US.

Zardoz wrote:
Your design has to be a major improvement over the current inventions or it will not qualify for a patent.

That is incorrect. It merely has to be a unique invention.

Zardoz wrote:
When you design guns to fire hundreds of rounds a minute you want a kill rate of hundreds.

That's nothing to do with ordinary guns like a semi-auto AR-15.

Zardoz wrote:
There would be nothing left of a squirrel with the assault weapons used by mass murderers.

No mass murderers have ever used an assault weapon.

Zardoz wrote:
Assault weapons are key ban them and the mass murder rate goes down when assault weapon ban expired mass murders went through the roof.

That is incorrect. No crime has ever been committed with a legally-owned assault weapon.

Zardoz wrote:
I have never seen even one mass murderer hold a gun at his shoulder. The surveillance cameras show the pistol grip held at waist height.

Can you produce a cite for this surveillance video?

Zardoz wrote:
When your shooting at the equivalent of the broad side of the barn there is no need to aim.

Murderers don't shoot at the equivalent of the broad side of a barn.

Zardoz wrote:
Tens of thousands of Americans have been slaughtered with assault weapons

No they haven't.

Zardoz wrote:
Why don't the mass murderers miss when holding assault weapons at waist height.

Mass murderers do not use assault weapons, and they don't hold their weapons at waist height.

Zardoz wrote:
A pistol grip makes it much harder to strip the gun from a mass murderer's hand.

That is incorrect. Guns can be grasped without a pistol grip.

Zardoz wrote:
You can see how a traditional rifle is held it is not nearly as secure.

It is possible to securely hold a gun that does not have a pistol grip.

Zardoz wrote:
The weapon was designed to be held at waist level

That is incorrect. It was designed to be fired from the shoulder.

Zardoz wrote:
that is why there is a pistol grip on the assault weapon in the first place.

That is incorrect. It was created because removable/collapsible/adjustable stocks are not easily grasped.

Zardoz wrote:
Police response times give a mass murderer a very limited amount of time aiming wastes precious time if you need only hit the broad side of a barn there is no need to aim.

Murderers are not trying to hit the broad side of a barn. Therefore they still need to aim.

Zardoz wrote:
If you had a barrel full of fish moving rapidly taking aim would be a waste of time.

Not if you want to hit your target.

Zardoz wrote:
In the Pulse night club people are not standing still waiting on you to shoot them it would be a nightmare trying to aim.

It's still the only way to hit the target.

Zardoz wrote:
It is easy to tell where the bullets are going and adjust them to hit the targets when you have so many rounds.

Maybe if you have full auto and tracers. Not so easy when you don't have full auto and are not using tracers.

Zardoz wrote:
What played a part in the death tool was the assault weapons.

That is incorrect. Assault weapons played no part in these killings.

Zardoz wrote:
One woman in Las Vegas was shot three times if he was aiming, he should have killed her on the first shot.

Sometimes people miss their target.

Zardoz wrote:
Most mass murders where large numbers are killed used assault weapons all the record mass murders used assault weapons.

That is incorrect. No legally-owned assault weapon has ever been used in a crime in the US.

Zardoz wrote:
The exact same reason for banning bump stocks applies ten times more to assault weapons.

Not when no legally-owned assault weapon has ever been used in a crime in the US.

Zardoz wrote:
That is why we banned bombs years ago so the banning of assault weapons should be no surprise.

Assault weapons have been tightly restricted for 85 years, and people can only own them if they were manufactured and registered more than 33 years ago.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 09:12 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
The NRA keeps it membership secret for a good reason.

Because people from the left like you would harass their members.

Quote:
The most import qualification for a mass murderer is that he first be a gun nut.

That just isn't the case, they have mental health issues, they are nuts but not gun nuts. A vast majority of these shooters have been on mental health drugs and usually come from single parent homes. Liking guns actually has nothing to do with their issues.

Quote:
Most mass murderers are fascinated by guns.

Do you have any proof to back up this claim? As usual, you are making things up as you go along.

Quote:
They just arrested 3 teenage girls here because they planned to shoot up their school.

Is this the story? You live in CA now?
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-09-17/3-high-school-students-arrested-in-thwarted-school-shooting-plot

Quote:
The manufacture of the assault weapons writes the specifications for their assault weapons.

That is true, but you are confusing the cyclic rate with their fire rate. You would have to have unlimited supply of ammo and continue to pull the trigger as fast as you can for one minute. A person can't do this due to fatigue. The average fire rate for a semi-auto rifle is only about 60 rounds per minute.

Quote:
The only reason that the Las Vegas shooter could not fire that many rounds is that no 900 round clips exists yet.

He fired 1100 rounds in 10 minutes, this blows your claims out the window. Based on your claims, he should have fired 10,000 rounds and had a kill ratio of greater than 90%. That just isn't the case.

Quote:
Tracer rounds were indeed found the Las Vegas shooter just had not got around to using them yet.

You claimed they were used and you were wrong, admit it, stop trying to justify your BS.

Quote:
I spent time aiming a gun and it takes time.

It takes a couple of seconds to aim a gun, you seem to think it takes a couple of minutes. You are either slow or just wrong.

Quote:
Most mass murderers were filmed by surveillance camera and someone in a bar standing within a few feet of his victims does not need to aim. This is not like deer hunting.

Provide a link to the video footage you claim shows mass shooters shooting from the hip or drop the lie. You have to provide proof of claims or they are pure opinion and shouldn't be used as justification for gun laws.

Quote:

More uneducated opinion?

Quote:
Criminal have always killed other criminals but the general public is relatively safe from those killings and that is what is happening in Chicago.

More of your BS. Are you claiming that the west and south sides of Chicago are filled with nothing but criminals? Gang members will shoot up anyone who is in the way of their target. Sure, they might be trying to kill a single person, but when they shoot 10 others, that is more than just criminals being killed, that's a lot of innocent people. All those gun laws are doing wonders in Chicago.

Quote:
Mass Murderers target innocent people just to see how many people their assault weapons can kill.

Wow, 2 true claims in 2 posts.

Quote:
It is a whole different problem. You might even argue that criminals are doing a public service by killing other criminals.

Except they aren't only killing other criminals, lots of innocent people get caught in the crossfire of a drive-by-shooting. Your a racist aren't you? Black people can kill black people in Chicago all they want to, it doesn't effect you.

Quote:
Sorry I owned a gun many years ago.

I'm sure your Saturday Night Special was a real threat to the neighborhood. It was likely a 5 shot .38, wasn't it?

Quote:

Except that's not how these shootings start is it?

Quote:

I watched the video, you can clearly see him pulling the gun to his shoulder. You need to watch it again, you don't seem to understand what you are watching.

Zardoz

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 09:12 pm
@oralloy,
Colt announced today that they will no longer sell AR-15s to civilians. This is the first domino to fall. Colt said there was an “adequate supply” in the market already.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ A Corvette with a standard transmission or an automatic is still a corvette the same way an ak-47 whether it is automatic or semi-automatic is still an assault weapon.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++You want to say a only a corvette with an automatic transmission is a corvette and those with standard transmissions are not corvettes. The law defines what an assault weapon is and you can have a semi-automatic assault weapon. Trigger function does not define what an assault weapon is. That is not the characteristic that defines what an assault weapon is. Assault weapons are used in most high body count mass murders.
There is a reason it was the only time they had seen those massive exits wounds. Most gunshot wounds in America don’t involve assault weapons. Rifle wounds are common in Texas.
Assault weapons are weapons of war designed to slaughter large numbers of people in a short period of time. Altering less than 1% of the parts makes no real difference. Most mass murderers obtain their weapons of war legally even Colt now says there is an “adequate supply.”
Rifle wounds in Texas are common it is funny that the emergency doctors have never seen one.
You can drive down the road just as well in a standard transmission as automatic transmission all you need do is change the gears manually. Same with manually fired assault weapon.
Someone with a fast trigger finger might come far closer to the automatic than you might think. What we do know for a fact is they do a really good job killing people even fired manually.
The legal definition shows that you are wrong and most high body count mass murders are done with assault weapons.
See above.
oralloy

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 10:08 pm
@Zardoz,
Zardoz wrote:
Colt announced today that they will no longer sell AR-15s to civilians. This is the first domino to fall. Colt said there was an "adequate supply" in the market already.

H&K's MR556A1 is a much better gun.

Zardoz wrote:
A Corvette with a standard transmission or an automatic is still a corvette the same way an ak-47 whether it is automatic or semi-automatic is still an assault weapon.

a) are capable of either full-auto or burst-fire,

b) accept detachable magazines,

Zardoz wrote:
You want to say a only a corvette with an automatic transmission is a corvette and those with standard transmissions are not corvettes.

No I don't.

Zardoz wrote:
The law defines what an assault weapon is and you can have a semi-automatic assault weapon. Trigger function does not define what an assault weapon is. That is not the characteristic that defines what an assault weapon is.

a) are capable of either full-auto or burst-fire,

b) accept detachable magazines,

Zardoz wrote:
Assault weapons are used in most high body count mass murders.

That is incorrect. No assault weapon has ever been used in a mass murder in the US.

Zardoz wrote:
There is a reason it was the only time they had seen those massive exits wounds. Most gunshot wounds in America don't involve assault weapons. Rifle wounds are common in Texas.

They didn't see any wounds from assault weapons period, as no assault weapon has ever been used in a mass murder in the US.

Zardoz wrote:
Assault weapons are weapons of war designed to slaughter large numbers of people in a short period of time.

Assault weapons have been very tightly regulated for the past 85 years. People are only allowed to own them if they were manufactured and registered more than 33 years ago.

Zardoz wrote:
Altering less than 1% of the parts makes no real difference.

That is incorrect. There is a considerable difference between "full-auto" and "not full-auto".

Zardoz wrote:
Most mass murderers obtain their weapons of war legally even Colt now says there is an "adequate supply."

Mass murderers have never been able to obtain a weapon of war in the US.

Weapons of war have been very tightly regulated for the past 85 years, and people are only allowed to own them if they were manufactured and registered more than 33 years ago.

Zardoz wrote:
Rifle wounds in Texas are common it is funny that the emergency doctors have never seen one.

These doctors should be stripped of their medical licenses for their untrue statements.

Zardoz wrote:
You can drive down the road just as well in a standard transmission as automatic transmission all you need do is change the gears manually. Same with manually fired assault weapon.

Assault weapons have been very tightly regulated for the past 85 years. People are only allowed to own them if they were manufactured and registered more than 33 years ago.

Zardoz wrote:
Someone with a fast trigger finger might come far closer to the automatic than you might think.

Should the military scrap their assault weapons and just train soldiers to pull the trigger really fast?

Zardoz wrote:
What we do know for a fact is they do a really good job killing people even fired manually.

They have been very tightly regulated for the past 85 years. People are only allowed to own them if they were manufactured and registered more than 33 years ago.

Zardoz wrote:
The legal definition shows that you are wrong

Fraudulent definitions do not make me wrong about anything.

If the Democrats passed a law saying that the sky is orange, that would not make me wrong when I say that the sky is blue.

Zardoz wrote:
and most high body count mass murders are done with assault weapons.

That is incorrect. No mass murder has ever been committed with an assault weapon in the US.
oralloy

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 11:33 pm
Three billion North American birds have vanished since 1970, surveys show

By Elizabeth Pennisi
Sep. 19, 2019

North America's birds are disappearing from the skies at a rate that's shocking even to ornithologists. Since the 1970s, the continent has lost 3 billion birds, nearly 30% of the total, and even common birds such as sparrows and blackbirds are in decline, U.S. and Canadian researchers report this week online in Science. "It's staggering," says first author Ken Rosenberg, a conservation scientist at the Cornell University Laboratory of Ornithology. The findings raise fears that some familiar species could go the way of the passenger pigeon, a species once so abundant that its extinction in the early 1900s seemed unthinkable.

The results, from the most comprehensive inventory ever done of North American birds, point to ecosystems in disarray because of habitat loss and other factors that have yet to be pinned down, researchers say. Yet ecologist Paul Ehrlich at Stanford University in Palo Alto, California, who has been warning about shrinking plant and animal populations for decades, sees some hope in this new jolt of bad news: "It might stir needed action in light of the public interest in our feathered friends."

In past decades, Ehrlich and others have documented the decline of particular bird groups, including migratory songbirds. But 5 years ago, Rosenberg; Peter Marra, a conservation biologist now at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C.; and their colleagues decided to take a broader look at what is happening in North America's skies. They first turned to the North American Breeding Bird Survey, an annual spring census carried out by volunteers across Canada and the United States, which has amassed decades of data about 420 bird species. The team also drew on the Audubon Christmas Bird Count for data on about 55 species found in boreal forests and the Arctic tundra, and on the International Shorebird Survey for trends in shorebirds such as sandpipers and plovers. Aerial surveys of water bodies, swamps, and marshes filled out the picture for waterfowl. All together, they studied 529 bird species, about three-quarters of all species in North America, accounting for more than 90% of the entire bird population.

"I frankly thought it was going to be kind of a wash," Rosenberg says. He expected rarer species would be disappearing but common species would be on the rise, compensating for the losses, because they tend to be generalists, and more resilient. Indeed, waterfowl and raptors are thriving, thanks to habitat restoration and other conservation efforts. But the declines in many other species, particularly those living along shorelines and in grasslands, far exceeded those gains, Rosenberg and his colleagues report. Grassland birds have declined by 53% since 1970--a loss of 700 million adults in the 31 species studied, including meadowlarks and northern bobwhites. Shorebirds such as sanderlings and plovers are down by about one-third, the team says. Habitat loss may be to blame.

The familiar birds that flock by the thousands in suburbs were not exempt. "There's an erosion of the numbers of common birds," Rosenberg says. His team determined that 19 common species have each lost more than 50 million birds since 1970. Twelve groups, including sparrows, warblers, finches, and blackbirds, were particularly hard hit. Even introduced species that have thrived in North America, such as starlings and house sparrows, are losing ground.

"When you lose a common species, the impact will be much more massive on the ecosystem and ecosystem services," says Gerardo Ceballos, an ecologist and conservation biologist at the National Autonomous University of Mexico in Mexico City. "It's showing the magnitude of the problem."

Some of the causes may be subtle. Last week, toxicologists described how low doses of neonicotinoids--a common pesticide--made migrating sparrows lose weight and delay their migration, which hurts their chances of surviving and reproducing. Climate change, habitat loss, shifts in food webs, and even cats may all be adding to the problem, and not just for birds. "There's general ecosystem collapse that could be happening here," Marra says.

Weather radar data revealed similarly steep declines. Radar detects not just rain, but also insect swarms and flocks of birds, which stand out at night, when birds usually migrate. "We don't see individual birds, it's more like a big blob moving through airspace," explains Cornell migration ecologist Adriaan Dokter. He converted "blobs" from 143 radar stations into biomass. Between 2007 and 2017, that biomass declined 13%, the Science paper reports. The greatest decline was in birds migrating up the eastern United States. "It's an independent data set that confirms the other work," says Nicole Michel, a population biologist with the National Audubon Society's Conservation Science Division in Portland, Oregon.

"We want this to be the real wake-up call," Rosenberg says. The recovery of eagles and other raptors after the U.S. ban on the insecticide DDT in 1972 shows that when the cause of a decline is removed, "the birds come back like gangbusters." This time around, reversing habitat loss--from the conversion of grasslands for biofuel crops or coastal development, for example--could help stabilize populations.

Concurrent with the paper, a coalition of conservation groups has come up with policy recommendations and an action plan for citizens. Simple steps, such as keeping cats indoors or planting native plants, can help, Rosenberg says. "I am not saying we can stop the decline of every bird species, but I am weirdly hopeful."

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/09/three-billion-north-american-birds-have-vanished-1970-surveys-show
Zardoz

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 08:41 pm
@Baldimo,
They are not different types of weapons you just have the option of buying the manually operated one or the automatic. Same with cars a corvette with a manual shift is still a corvette.
Sorry the legal definitions rules in this case. You can say blue is really red a thousand times but it won’t change the fact that blue is not red and you can say manually operated assault weapons are not assault weapons but it won’t make it so. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Many doctors get their education paid for by the military and end up serving in the military. You can bet these doctors served during the Iraq/Afghanistan war. The doctors did specify where they served.
In fact, we do know that the weapon in El Paso was an ak-47. Mass murderers don’t use bb guns.
There are many types of cars just as there are many types of assault weapons.
There have been more than one mass murder carried out with modified assault weapons one at a mass shooting at a biker’s bar in Colorado.

oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 09:44 pm
@Zardoz,
Zardoz wrote:
They are not different types of weapons you just have the option of buying the manually operated one or the automatic. Same with cars a corvette with a manual shift is still a corvette.

That is incorrect. Full-auto is vastly different from semi-auto-only.

Zardoz wrote:
Sorry the legal definitions rules in this case.

That is incorrect. Writing a fraudulent definition into law does not change the real definition.

If Democrats pass a law saying that the sky is orange, the sky will still be blue.

Zardoz wrote:
You can say blue is really red a thousand times but it won't change the fact that blue is not red

That is why progressive claims about assault weapons will always be untrue.

Zardoz wrote:
you can say manually operated assault weapons are not assault weapons but it won't make it so.

The definition of an assault weapon is as follows.

Assault weapons:

Zardoz wrote:
Many doctors get their education paid for by the military and end up serving in the military. You can bet these doctors served during the Iraq/Afghanistan war. The doctors did specify where they served.

These doctors should be stripped of their medical licenses for lying about guns.

Zardoz wrote:
In fact, we do know that the weapon in El Paso was an ak-47. Mass murderers don't use bb guns.

It was an ordinary semi-auto rifle, not an assault weapon.

Zardoz wrote:

Assault weapons have been tightly regulated for the past 85 years, and people are allowed to have them only if they were manufactured and registered more than 33 years ago.

Zardoz wrote:
There have been more than one mass murder carried out with modified assault weapons one at a mass shooting at a biker's bar in Colorado.

That is incorrect. No assault weapon has ever been used in a mass murder in the US.
Zardoz

Reply Sun 22 Sep, 2019 09:31 pm
@oralloy,
If you laid the automatic version and a semi-automatic version of the ak-47 on a table side by side most people could not tell the difference without firing them.
The automatic version of assault weapons were already under control when the law banning the sale of assault weapons was written in 1994. The law was written specifically to stop the sale of the semi-automatic version of assault weapons like the ak-47s.
The definition is the law of the land.
You are still sticking with your version of reality but a corvette that is manually shifted is still a corvette and a semi-automatic assault weapon is still an assault weapon.
If you Google “where to buy an assault weapon” all that you find is pictures of semi-automatic assault weapons.
That is as fraudulent as saying that a corvette with a manual transmission is not a Corvette.
You will never convince people that a corvette with a manual transmission is not a corvette or that an assault weapon with a manual firing mechanism is not an assault weapon.
When you have so many rounds aiming is a waste of time and very hazardous to your health.
The Akron mass murderer proves you wrong he fired 30 rounds in thirty seconds there is no way possible he could have aimed thirty times I thirty seconds.
Even a traditional rifle could be fired without bothering to aim. With enough rounds aiming is a waste of time.
I have seen stills of mass murderers holding their guns taken from surveillance cameras. I am sure some of the footage is available somewhere on the web. You can search as easily as I can.
If you try to wrap your hand around a rifle it is difficult that is why so many hunters kill their buddies when they drop their guns.
America is absolutely saturated with assault weapons according to Colt.
All you need do is search. A simple search for “surveillance footage of mass murders in 2019” returned film of Dayton mass murder. The shooter does not appear in the clips I watched but you hear the gun fire and see the crowd hitting the ground. The one search returned ten internet pages and it was for just 2019.
There is no doubt 100,000 internet pages of surveillance footage of mass murders all it takes is time.

Baldimo

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 09:04 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:

Incorrect analogy. A better analogy would be buying a Corvette with a different engine that has a governor on it. Sure, it's still a Corvette, but it isn't as fast as the racing version, since it is restricted.

Quote:
Sorry the legal definitions rules in this case.

The legal definition is made up, so it should have no weight on our 2nd Amendment. It's the only Amendment that says shall not be infringed.

Quote:
You can say blue is really red a thousand times but it won’t change the fact that blue is not red and you can say manually operated assault weapons are not assault weapons but it won’t make it so.

It's actually your side of the aisle that is claiming something that is blue is actually red. Semi-auto rifles do not have selective fire switches. That's the definition of an assault rifle, everything else is made up to limit a right.

Quote:
Many doctors get their education paid for by the military and end up serving in the military.

Many? How many exactly, I'd bet that less than 20% of Doctors have served in the military. Considering less than 10% of the population have served in the military, I might be being generous with the 20% of Doctors.

Quote:
You can bet these doctors served during the Iraq/Afghanistan war. The doctors did specify where they served.

There are not as many Dr's who served in the military as you think there are. As usual, you over inflate your own "stats" to make a point you can't prove.

Quote:
In fact, we do know that the weapon in El Paso was an ak-47. Mass murderers don’t use bb guns.

I didn't deny it was an AK, I only doubted your knowledge on how it was acquired. He had to go to a gun shop to get the weapon, you can't legally get guns shipped to your house.

Quote:

No, there is no such thing as an assault weapon, it's a made up definition by the left to ban a very common form of sporting rifle.

Quote:
There have been more than one mass murder carried out with modified assault weapons one at a mass shooting at a biker’s bar in Colorado.

I live in Colorado, when was this shooting? I did a search and found a shooting in Colorado Springs in 1993 at a bar, but nothing in the story indicated it was a shooting with a modified semi-auto rifle and the man who did the shooting was acquitted of the shooting since it was self-defense.

I'm still waiting for you to provide any proof of this mass shooting modified weapon claim. You won't find any proof, because it hasn't happened, just like you can't prove any mass shooter was an NRA member.

hightor

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 10:18 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
No, there is no such thing as an assault weapon...

Is that what the NRA's telling you guys to say now?

Good luck with that line of obvious bullshit.

assault weapon
Baldimo

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 10:20 am
@hightor,
Politicians made up a category of weapons and then made up definitions to meet that made up category. Where is the selective fire switch on an AR15?
hightor

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 11:22 am
@Baldimo,
They didn't make anything up. There are differences between military weapons and sporting rifles.

Here's what your NRA says:

Quote:

Assault Rifle:

By U.S. Army definition, a selective-fire rifle chambered for a cartridge of intermediate power. If applied to any semi-automatic firearm regardless of its cosmetic similarity to a true assault rifle, the term is incorrect.

I can accept that definition. And semi-autos based on modified assault weapon technology and designed to resemble them are referred to as "assault-styled" or "military-styled".
Baldimo

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2019 11:24 am
@hightor,
Definitions made up by anti-gun politicians, just so they can ban something they don't like. They have no real meaning in the gun world, only to anti-gun politicians and their leftist followers.