0

The Communist Origin of the Modern Conservative Movement VI

Baldimo

0  
Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2018 11:28 am
@Zardoz,
The NRA has done everything in its power to make sure the real truth about guns is hidden from the American people and it is now more corrupt than ever taking the Russian money to try and further corrupt our government.

The real truth about guns is hidden in the crap filled propaganda you push and the massive over use of transference from the violent left.

I know of no police department that gather stats on how many time people use a gun for defensive purposes other then police using their guns in criminal situations.

It's called police reports, and in order for someone to claim a self-defense shooting if someone was shot, the police have to investigate. Not to mention not every case of GDU leads to someone being either shot or killed. My DGU is an example, someone was trying to break into my garage and they thought better of doing so when they found my gun pointing at them through the sliding glass door on the back of the house. I didn't have to shoot him, he ran off, that's usually the case with a vast majority of DGU cases. Why do you think the range of DGU was 2.5 million to 250,000? More fair studies are required, not studies based on simple violence, but overall gun use.

The National Gun Manufacturer Association has one reason and only one reason to exist, to sell more guns.

There is no such gun group. What you might be looking for is the NSSF, National Shooting Sports Foundation, they are the gun manufacture lobby.
https://www.nssf.org/

There are no moral concerns just profit.

That's where you would be wrong. The moral concerns is the ability of US citizens to protect their lives and property. I find it immoral to think banning guns will keep people safe. You think removing guns will lower crime and that isn't the case. The crime stats don't favor the average American if they have nothing to protect themselves.

Would you say that social security, Medicare and Medicaid are failures?

Yes, in their own original mission statements and purpose. They all suffer from "mission creep" and fraud is rampant in those systems. There are no real checks and balances and the politicians use them as weapons in political battles instead of actually helping people.

Those programs are pure socialism you will find a variation of those programs in every socialist country.

No, they are not pure Socialism but they are now being pushed for those purposes. I don't care what other countries do, we are the USA and have always done things differently, there is a reason we are a world power and the rest aren't. We innovate and find new and better ways. Hell, the SS system is 100 years old and should be completely revamped to match our modern economy, not a time when only 1 person in the house worked.
If the stock market is good enough for the 1% and their money, it should be good enough for me to invest my SS funds as well.

America has a hybrid government made up of both greed-based solutions (capitalist) and social solutions. Ignorant people like to ignore the socialists features of our government.

We don't ignore the "socialist features" of the system, we fight against them and push for reform.

Look around you friend socialism is alive and well all around you. The older people have some dignity do to social security, Medicare, and Medicaid.

It's funny how you think asking for govt handouts is a form of dignity. For those who are able bodied and accept those handouts, isn't dignity, it's laziness. That's part of the problem with socialism, it convinces people they don't have to work or provide for themselves, there is still some sucker who will want to do it for them. Our social safety net should be based on actual need and ability, not wants and demands.

Before social security, notice the word, once a husband died his wife was left to eat out of trash can in your beautiful greed-based society where everything is divided up based on greed.

That just wasn't the case back then, we actually had a much closer society of those willing to help each other, and provide for those who couldn't help themselves. A majority of our programs came out of the depression and should have gone away when we recovered from the Great Depression. The only thing those programs do now is provide ammo for political wars.

Twins are rare would you consider that a birth defect? In effect a mutation of a cell results in two fetuses

Only a fool would ask such a question.

Children are born with a cleft palate is correcting that really any different?

Nothing at all, except we aren't talking about such things or even true physically intersex people. We are talking about people who "self identify" as the opposite sex, people born with normally working bodies who think they were born of the wrong sex and want surgery to "fix" the problem.

Goggle listed the shooting of children in a bed but did not list those both shot with the same bullet.

It more than likely didn't happen the way you remember it did, doesn't stop you from pushing a false narrative.

The National Gun Manufacture Associations want to hide the fact that guns are the number one health hazard in America today and they corrupted the political system to make sure it stays hidden.

As I noted above, there is no such group, you are looking for the NSSF, they are the gun manufactures lobby, the NRA is a citizens rights gun group, making sure people here in the US have Constitutional access to firearms for their use, as the 2nd Amendment states and is the only Amendment which says "shall not be infringed".

Don’t kid yourself Dickey Act was meant to keep the facts hidden. At no time in history has anything like Dickey Act been even attempted it shows rampant corruption of government by big business.

You are the one kidding yourself, the only information that was being hidden was a fair study on guns. Gun violence can still be studied but those studies can't be used to change our Constitution. The Constitution was put in place to limit the Federal Govt, not limit the citizens.

The only study that would help the gun lobby is one that showed nobody was shot or injured by a gun in America and that will never happen.

Why do you never mention or even read the 2013 CDC study, why do no leftists or media people reference the study? They are scared of the truth and will only report on bias studies that back their anti-gun agenda.

Baldimo

0  
Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2018 11:53 am
@Zardoz,
This is typical gun nut reasoning give an 18-year-old a gun and send him off to interact with other youngsters. What did this gun nut think would happen when his kid got in a fight? He is going to his car to get the gun daddy gave him and even the score and that is exactly what he did.

If you don't like 18 year old adults with guns, then change the age of an adult to 21. You don't seem to have this same reaction to the gang shooters, and they kill more people then the type of person you are claiming is a gun nut. Besides, I've already agreed with you, this doesn't sound like a DGU to me.

This is what happens when you give a teenager a deadly weapon and say now you can decide who lives and who dies.

You say teenager as if an 18 year old isn't an adult. Raise the age of adulthood to 21 or 25, I'd support it.

The NRA is upset with retailers who have decided they will no longer sell guns to teenagers.

Adults, 18 is the age of an adult.

The disagreement between you and me is that you don’t want “any more regulations on gun ownership” because of the slippery slope theory while I recognize that more regulations are necessary.

That isn't so, you just happen to fall on the extreme side of the gun issue and I can't agree with an extremist on much.
The slippery slope on guns isn't a theory, people like you want them gone from society not restrictions, you have said as much, you see no reason for anyone to have a gun, that is an extreme position and one I will never agree with.

The right to own a gun should never supercede the right for someone to live.

See, not restrictions, gun ban. The slope is slipped with you.

I viewed the video of the incident from several different cameras.

No you didn't, there is only one video and one angle of the shooting.

The old man pulls the gun immediately the black man is backing away when shot.

Immediately after he was assaulted and shoved to the ground.

The old man was looking for a fight because there is no reason to pick a fight over a parking place when there are much better places available.

If that's the case, why even have handicap spaces for parking, we should just get ride of them since there is always a "better" place to park.

The only thing hurt about the old man was his pride and that is why he killed the other man the same reason the college student killed the other college student and wounds two others. I always heard policeman say how they had a different attitude when they have a gun on them.

I don't believe anything you say about cops, you have clearly shown you anti-police bias. As for the two shootings, they are not the same types of shooting. Besides, in both cases the shooters have been arrested and are facing trial.
https://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/One-of-Michael-Drejka-s-three-lawyers-removes-herself-from-case_172803044

A gun would not have helped in this situation after the victim was knocked senseless with the first blow.

Good thing he is only in a coma with brain damage and not dead, can you imagine the scene of his brains laying all over the place vs his brain being scrambled in his head...
I think I'm starting to see things your way, we shouldn't shoot the crooks, instead we should take the beatings and end up at the hospital in coma.

Zardoz

3  
Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2018 10:31 pm
@Baldimo,
ID seems to have become very popular. There is nothing like a good murder mystery that didn’t come out of somebody’s imagination. You should be able to find ID on an internet package.

____________________________________________________
The old tale that guns don’t kill people bullets do. Maybe a complete ban of ammunition might be the answer that way you could bare arms you just couldn’t fire them.

If we decide that pushing someone to the ground is a first-degree felony punishable by immediate execution, then children should have the same option. They should publish a list of offenses that gun nuts believe are punishable by immediate execution, so people would be aware.

I live in the south this state was once part of Virginia. In this county as recently as 20 years ago blacks were told you better not let the sun set on your ass in this county. One black man who found himself on jury duty was in a panic when the Judge decide to hold the jury past dark. This isn’t the even the deep south where the incident took place. You’re talking about a place where the white majority would kill black school children for going to the same school as their children. The only way to stop the angry mobs was to bring in the national guard. Many people alive today in south were raised by avowed racists that may be underground, but it didn’t go away. So, then you are telling me they should publish an age that you will not be executed on the spot for shoving someone down. Say you will not be executed for shoving anybody down under 50 but if you shove somebody down over 50 it is legal to execute you.

You think it is a shame someone is dead for shoving someone to ground but you think you should still be able to do it. The death penalty is reserved for the most severe crimes. In our society we have decided that the punishment should fit the crime, but gun nuts decided they should be able to execute people for even minor crimes.

___________________________________________________
When the black man returns to his car, he finds an angry man confronting his girlfriend. His basic instinct would be to remove the threat. All he sees is an angry man who might have a gun confronting his girlfriend.

It is very difficult to reason with somebody who wants to pick a fight. As some people get older, they are chronically angry. When I first got married, we lived in an old retired neighborhood we were the only younger couple. The next-door neighbor had a pine tree that was overgrown over my driveway. When you got out of the car you got soaked or covered with snow when you opened the car door. I never complained or ask him to trim his tree. One day I bought a big truck to haul the race car and parked it in my driveway. I looked out and he was furiously trimming the tree. I went out to thank him and he was so angry he could hardly talk. He said I had ruined his tree by breaking a branch out of his tree with the mirror on my truck which was completely in my driveway. I had a few other run ins with him and I never spoke to him again. He is the type that would shoot you if he had a gun. When he died his wife had the tree cut down.

Baldimo

1  
Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 09:57 am
@Zardoz,
You should be able to find ID on an internet package.

Don't need it, found plenty of other stuff to watch, including an old episode of New Detectives my father-in-law who was a detective, not a crook, working one of his old cases. It was pretty cool.

The old tale that guns don’t kill people bullets do.

The phrase is actually: Guns don't kill people, people do. Meaning that the gun is an intimate object, a tool, and does not have any motives of it's own. People of motives and people use objects to kill other people. As another poster is fond of saying, would the person be any less dead if they were stabbed or beat to death? No, death is death, murder is murder. How many ID shows have you seen where people were stabbed to death, to include entire families?

If we decide that pushing someone to the ground is a first-degree felony punishable by immediate execution, then children should have the same option.

You lose the argument when you saw such silly things.

They should publish a list of offenses that gun nuts believe are punishable by immediate execution, so people would be aware.

How about keeping your hands to yourself and no one will feel threatened. I fail to see why you are in favor of assaulting people in the first place. You are actually arguing that it should be ok to assault someone. Interesting.

I live in the south this state was once part of Virginia. In this county as recently as 20 years ago blacks were told you better not let the sun set on your ass in this county. One black man who found himself on jury duty was in a panic when the Judge decide to hold the jury past dark. This isn’t the even the deep south where the incident took place. You’re talking about a place where the white majority would kill black school children for going to the same school as their children.

The events you are talking about took place over 40 years ago, before I was born. The US has changed a lot, not every instance of violence is race related and to think it is, shows your own level of racism and transference.

You think it is a shame someone is dead for shoving someone to ground but you think you should still be able to do it.

I don't want to see the right of self-defense taken away because a few individuals have misused it.

The death penalty is reserved for the most severe crimes.

Are you sure about that? There are plenty of people who have been found guilty of the most horrible crimes who don't get the death penalty and people, mostly from the left, who oppose the death penalty regardless of what someone did.

Drop the BS. The man was standing there talking to the woman in the car, there was no threat. If he thought the guy had a gun, he wouldn't have attacked him. There is zero evidence the guy had a gun until he was pulling it out on the advancing attacker. Once the attacker saw the gun, that's when he started to turn away, not prior. He was already walking up on the guy on the ground, and I've seen enough fight video's to know the stance the guy was taking and it wasn't one that said he was going to back off, until he saw the gun. At that point the guy already felt in fear of his life, it's a subjective call and one the courts will be making in 2019 as this case goes in front of a judge.

It is very difficult to reason with somebody who wants to pick a fight.

It's hard to reason with someone who said nothing to you and instead chose to use violence as their first action, how to you talk to someone from the ground?

Zardoz

3  
Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 09:11 pm
@Baldimo,
The laws have been changed by the National Gun Manufacturers Association to stand your ground laws that allow on the site executions for even minor offences.

Zardoz

3  
Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 10:08 pm
@Baldimo,
I don’t know what percentage of people are shot with their own gun but it in domestic shootings I will bet it is quite high. In this case the woman had charged her ex-husband with rape. The case was due in court the next day. Her ex knew she kept a gun in her car. He gets the gun and kills her and her new boyfriend. She supplied him with a gun to kill her. Do you think that gun provided her with protection? With protection like that who needs to worry about criminals.

There is absolutely no difference between a family killed in their home, a family killed in the street, a family killed at school, or a family killed at the post office. In fact, close family members are the most likely suspects in killings.

“Individuals who commit mass shootings may fall into any number of categories, including killers of family, of coworkers, of students and of random strangers.”

Wikipedia

Look around you there is a church on nearly every corner. There is no institution that has inflicted as much absolute ignorance on western civilization as religion. If you find people believing is something completely ignorant you can bet it has it root in religion. You can never separate ignorance from religion.

If something happens over 3 million times without variation, I would argue that can’t be a birth defect and occurs naturally.

It may be a small percentage but 3,300,000 is a huge number.

If disease was killing as many people as guns do each year there would be billions spent to prevent it.

Do you think the many incidences of outright executing people for minor offences would be separated from other defensive use of guns? Here is a guy that got shoved down the guy that shoved him should be executed. This is a real slippery slope. What if he just gave him a dirty look the guy could feel really threatened by that dirty look?

Zardoz

3  
Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2018 10:02 pm
@Baldimo,
Shoving somebody would be a minor offence. Had it been reported it is doubtful that anybody would have even been arrested. At most an arrest citation might have been issued. There was a case of shoplifting where the shoplifter was shot and killed after he left the store. People can now be shot for petty theft in America. That makes the Arab countries practice of cutting a thieves’ hands off as much more humane compared to America. The message we send that is legal to execute anyone that shoves us down is not lost on the gun nuts. They will deliberately provoke people, so they can execute them just as the gun nut started argument and got shoved down. What if he got punched? What if the guy took a step in his direction? Surly the old man would have felt just as threatened. Do you have any idea how many fist fights happen every day? What the gun nuts are advocating is their right to execute anyone involved in a fight.