The Communist Origin of the Modern Conservative Movement VI

Baldimo

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2018 09:36 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
It was one thing to take on Trump, but it was quite another to take on Russia also.

Not sure what this is related to?

Quote:
It is now a documented fact that Russia military pulled out all the stops to help Trump get elected. Putin was scared to death that Hillary would be president.

I'm still waiting for all the evidence on this, we know the Russians were running Facebook ads and creating Meme's to go against Hillary, but I don't think they had the effect the leftists want to think they had.

Quote:
When all of the intelligences agencies agree that the Russian military did everything in their power to get Trump elected. That is not painting Trump in a bad light, that is reporting the actual facts.

You mean 4 intelligence agencies... not all of them, the "all of them" was another media lie.

Quote:
The new poll shows Trump’s approval rating dropping to 35%. I don’t know how it could possibly be that high.

I'm not concerned with approval ratings and how they are reported by the media. I haven't seen the 35%, got any links on that source?
If you look closely, Trump and Obama have about the same approval ratings for this time in their term of office. The media reported on Obama "steller" approval numbers but talk about Trump high disapproval numbers. The #'s are almost exactly the same, even Politifact had to give the mention a Mostly True rating:
https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2018/jun/18/gateway-pundit/headline-says-trump-tied-obama-same-point-presiden/

Quote:
If you were asked a question would you not answer the same question the same way whether it was asked today or 10 days from now?

Why weren't the questions given to Trump if they were given to Clinton? CNN bias against Trump and a favoring of Hillary.

Quote:
Before Trump took office, Flynn called the Russians to tell them that Trump would lift the sanctions on Russia put on by Obama for the Russian meddling in the election as soon as Trump became president.

The Obama admin knew the Russians were trying to interfer with the elections, why didn't they try to stop them before the election, they knew of the "Russian spy" who was trying to get close to GOP politicians and other circles of power for the Right, why didn't the Obama admin stop them? This whole Russian interfering in our elections is all Obama's fault. He was a weak leader who was more concerned with getting invited to the Royal Wedding than actually fixing the problems in the US.

Quote:
The Congress added more sanctions and stopped Trump from doing that by overriding him by a veto proof majority of 98 to 2. Trump would do whatever the Russians told him to do if it was not for congress.

Don't mind the fact that Trump has put tough sanctions on Russia since he came into office. Obama sanctions on Russia were to make him look tough, it did just the opposite.

Quote:
The facts are the NRA (gun manufacturers association) was working with the Russians and laundering their money. NRA is being investigated for several things and indictments and convictions will follow and those are the facts.

These are the funniest stories you tell here. I really enjoy this work of fiction, will you be looking for a publishing house?

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2018 10:17 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
Banning assault weapons will not end all gun violence but it will greatly reduce mass murders.

You don't have any fact's to back that statement up.

Quote:
Most semi-automatics cannot fire 600 rounds a minute and you know it. It doesn’t matter if an AR-15 looks like a pit bull or a cobra it is the number of rounds it fires a minute that makes it dangerous.

Wrong, most semi-auto rifles fire at that rate. When you can only fire one bullet with one trigger pull, what does the rate of fire matter? You don't understand how the rate of fire is actually works and how unrealistic it is to actually fire that many rounds per minute.

Quote:
The fact that Rhode Island has the lowest gun ownership rates and one of the lowest crime rates shows that guns don’t stop crimes.

RI is also one of the smallest states in the union. Gun owneship rates have nothing to do with the crime rate.

Quote:
In fact, guns are responsible for many of the crimes. WY may rank 10th lowest in crime and have the highest gun ownership rate but that does not dismiss the Rhode Island statistic.

Guns are not responsible for crime, people are responsible for crime. To blame the gun is continuing to push the derangement of inanimate objects being the blame.

How does it not dismiss the RI stats? WY has more guns and less crime, RI has less guns and less crime... It seems to me that it is people that are the problem and not guns.

Quote:
If guns stopped crime it would have to hold across the table and it doesn’t.

There are 500,000 - 2.5 million uses of guns in self-defense each year in the US. To say guns aren't used to stop crime is a lie. I've already shared numerous stories with you showing that good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns.

Quote:
The statistic for Chicago skewed because it is such a huge city. I can remember a weekend where three were murdered in a city of only 50,000. That would give Huntington a murder rate of 6 per 100,000. Chicago’s population is 9,504,753 and a murder rate of only .0007 per 100,000. It looks like Chicago has a much lower murder rate than many cities. You can’t compare the two without reducing the murder rate to murders per 100,000.

The problem with Chicago is that the violence isn't city wide, it's in 2 specific area's of the city, the South and West side of the city is where all the problems are. If you look at the population of those area's and not the rest of the city, you have a very high murder rate. I find it funny that the massive amounts of people shot in Chicago isn't an issue for you, when there are more than 30 people shot per weekend, that is a problem.

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2018 07:00 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:

We can't keep people from having children...

Actually we can. It's called "family planning".
Quote:
Here comes the BS arguments...

It's "BS"? Why not just answer the question — should the victim be compelled to give birth to the rapist's child?? Hello???
Quote:
Most failure of BC is from improper use of BC, not a failure of the product itself.

That's immaterial. Fertilization was unwanted and unintended. Preventive measures were taken. The couple's right to terminate an accidental pregnancy is none of anyone else's business.
Quote:
"We can't force them to have their babies but someone has to help pay for the 5 or 6 children she already has..." Either way, the US taxpayer is being held responsible for someone else's poor decisions.

I don't understand this. On the one hand you seem to be in favor of people being forced to have unwanted babies but on the other you're critical of motherhood subsidized at taxpayer's expense? Why not promote birth control and make family planning services available to lower income communities at the beginning and reduce the number of abortions and unintentionally-conceived children living off the taxpayers?
coldjoint

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2018 07:05 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Why not promote birth control and make family planning services available to lower income communities at the beginning and reduce the number of abortions and unintentionally-conceived children living off the taxpayers?

Why not do it in third world countries where children are starving?
Zardoz

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2018 09:29 pm
@Baldimo,
The problem with using WY is that the population of the entire state is only 573,720 while the population of Chicago, just one city, is 9,504,753. Chicago has 16 ½ times as much population as WY. The fact that WY population density is extremely low explains the low crime rate. WY is a relatively big state with 97,914 square miles. The population density is 5.8 per square mile. Rhode Island on the other hand has only 1,212 square miles and the population is 1.06 million. The population density in Rhode Island is 874 per square mile. One of the key factors in crime rate is population density. The people are so far apart in WY it is hard to shoot people a mile away. I don’t know much about your source but mine was USA Today and it ranks Rhode Island 8th in violent crime while Wyoming is ranked 11th in violent crime. Both sets of statistics can’t be correct I have to wonder whether the NRA is responsible since they have been running with the Russians they are learning bad habits.

The USA Today sight gives Rhode Island violent crime rate at 9 per 100,000 while your sight which has no name says Rhode Island crime rate is 53 per 100,000 both can’t be right. The source of those type of statistics is the FBI somebody is posting false information and my guess it isn’t the named source. There is a lot of false information being posted to look like real information.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2018 10:48 pm
@hightor,
You ignored this whole portion of the post and it mostly answers the rest of your questions, including the stupid question about rape and abortion. Nice pick and choose what I wrote.
Quote:
I'm not for the banning of abortion and I think it has it's place, I just don't like to see it abused because of someone's laziness and lack of personal responsibility. The US population has been blackmailed emotionally in this regard. "We can't force them to have their babies but someone has to help pay for the 5 or 6 children she already has..." Either way, the US taxpayer is being held responsible for someone else's poor decisions.
hightor

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 02:33 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Why not do it in third world countries where children are starving?

You want to pay for it?
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 02:37 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Nice pick and choose what I wrote.

Um, no "pick and choose" — I responded to all your points.

I was genuinely puzzled by the meaning of:
Baldimo wrote:
We can't force them to have their babies but someone has to help pay for the 5 or 6 children she already has...

Your defensive reply hasn't cleared it up. It seems ambiguous and I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Denying people the right to abortion forces them to have their unwanted babies so how does this fact connect with people's reticence to help with their support?

And I notice that you refuse to answer this "stupid question":

hightor wrote:
Why not just answer the question — should the victim be compelled to give birth to the rapist's child?

Hello? Why is it a "stupid question"? How "lazy and irresponsible" does one have to be in order to be the victim of rape? Baldimo are you there??
Baldimo

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 09:11 am
@hightor,
Here, I'll post this portion again that you keep bypassing:

Quote:
I'm not for the banning of abortion and I think it has it's place, I just don't like to see it abused because of someone's laziness and lack of personal responsibility. The US population has been blackmailed emotionally in this regard. "We can't force them to have their babies but someone has to help pay for the 5 or 6 children she already has..." Either way, the US taxpayer is being held responsible for someone else's poor decisions.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 09:29 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
The problem with using WY is that the population of the entire state is only 573,720 while the population of Chicago, just one city, is 9,504,753. Chicago has 16 ½ times as much population as WY. The fact that WY population density is extremely low explains the low crime rate. WY is a relatively big state with 97,914 square miles. The population density is 5.8 per square mile. Rhode Island on the other hand has only 1,212 square miles and the population is 1.06 million. The population density in Rhode Island is 874 per square mile. One of the key factors in crime rate is population density. The people are so far apart in WY it is hard to shoot people a mile away.

Nice dodge. I specifically provided links to Cheyenne and Providence, the 2 largest cities in those states. Which city is safer to live in based on the links I provided?

Quote:
I don’t know much about your source but mine was USA Today and it ranks Rhode Island 8th in violent crime while Wyoming is ranked 11th in violent crime. Both sets of statistics can’t be correct I have to wonder whether the NRA is responsible since they have been running with the Russians they are learning bad habits.

What source? You didn't provide any such source so what you say is actually unproven. If you are going to make claims, provide your facts or you are just talking out your ass.
My links were to a website called Bestplaces.net and it sources from the following, you'll notice no data from the NRA:
Our Data Sources
• Original research and analysis by Sperling’s BestPlaces / Fast Forward, Inc.
• U.S. Census Bureau
• American Community Survey
• Current Population Survey
• Educational Testing Service and ACT, Inc.
• National Center for Education Statistics
• Federal Bureau of Investigation
• Uniform Crime Reports
• National Climatic Data Center,
• National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
• National Hurricane Center
• U.S. Geologic Service
• Bureau of Labor Statistics - Consumer Price Index, Consumer Expenditure Survey
• Medicare and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
• Department of Energy
• Federal Travel Directory
• Freddie Mac -Conventional Home Price Mortgage Index
• Office of Housing Economic Oversight
• National Association of Realtors
• National Association of Home Builders
• State Association of Realtors
• Environmental Protection Agency
• American Medical Association
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - Compressed Mortality Database - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - BRFSS (Behavioral Risk Factor Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - CDC Wonder Natality database
• Federal Aviation Administration
• Federal Transit Administration
• Federal Highway Administration
• Amtrak
• National Park Service
• National Basketball Association
• National Football League
• National Hockey League
• Major League Baseball

Quote:
The USA Today sight gives Rhode Island violent crime rate at 9 per 100,000 while your sight which has no name says Rhode Island crime rate is 53 per 100,000 both can’t be right. The source of those type of statistics is the FBI somebody is posting false information and my guess it isn’t the named source. There is a lot of false information being posted to look like real information.

How would you know, you never post any sources or facts. You expect me to either do your research for you or take you at your word, neither of which am I doing.

Zardoz

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 09:39 pm
@Baldimo,
The problem is that everyone believes that if it is in writing it must be true. For years the American people were spoiled because if they saw it in writing there was a very good chance it was true. Newspapers and book publishers had reputations to maintain their material was fact checked before it was printed. The Internet changed all that the Internet is written in disappearing ink and many that post articles on the Internet have no reputation to maintain and no morals either. You can read an article one day and the link fails to work on the next. Counterfeit web sites are common, and the quality of the counterfeits are outstanding. They can’t remove the Russian counterfeit posts fast enough.

The best we can do is look to sources that have been dependable in the past and have a reputation to maintain.

To settle the argument, I went directly to the FBI site and got the stats directly from there. Violent crime in Wyoming in 2016 is 244.2 and is increasing while violent crime in the last year Rhode Island is decreasing and stood at 238.9 per hundred thousand.

Here you can check the FBI crimes stats on the FBI’s site. Your site can’t even copy the simplest stats it either counterfeit or totally incompetent. Or if you paid attention to the site they cherry picked the numbers.
hightor

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2018 02:46 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Here, I'll post this portion again that you keep bypassing:

I read it the first time and your meaning is still not clear to me.

Apparently you're willing to allow the "murder of innocent lives" under certain circumstances. Fine, welcome to reality. But why do you spew this sort of crap:

Quote:
Unlike the murderous Planned Parenthood, the NRA has never taken money from the govt.

PP provides many health services for women and families who would not have access to this care without the organization. Of course the organization gets some money from taxpayers — they sign contracts with states and are paid for the services they provide. Nothing "murderous" about it.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2018 10:35 am
@Zardoz,
Most of this post is useless babbling about "doubting" sources, which is funny considering you post no sources, you can't even try to post a link as plain text... yet you question the ones I do share. It's also funny that all the sites you disagree with and don't share your ideals, must have some sort of "Russian" connection.

Quote:
To settle the argument, I went directly to the FBI site and got the stats directly from there. Violent crime in Wyoming in 2016 is 244.2 and is increasing while violent crime in the last year Rhode Island is decreasing and stood at 238.9 per hundred thousand.

A difference of 6 people per hundred thousand for the state? Why not provide information on the population centers of those states like I did? Cheyenne vs Providence? Cities by nature are more violent and large urban city centers are the most violent. Of course when you have a really big city like Chicago, it's easy to hid the violence of certain area's of the city in the over all population #'s.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2018 11:22 am
@hightor,
Quote:
I read it the first time and your meaning is still not clear to me.

It's pretty clear as long as you are not looking for some BS to pick at, like the BS about rape and abortion. Statements about personal responsibility have no bearing on crimes committed against people. That entire statement you gave was exactly what I called it BS. It had no bearing on what I actually said, so you have to make things up to get some sort of response. I thought such things were above you, but you are not better than some college SJW looking for a fight that isn't there. This is the lameness of the leftists cliche and their "defense" of things.

Quote:
Quote:
Unlike the murderous Planned Parenthood, the NRA has never taken money from the govt.

PP provides many health services for women and families who would not have access to this care without the organization. Of course the organization gets some money from taxpayers — they sign contracts with states and are paid for the services they provide. Nothing "murderous" about it.

I'll have to call BS on this, the ACA should have made PP obsolete as everyone had to have health insurance and insurance companies couldn't decline any sort of services.
hightor

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2018 11:55 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
That entire statement you gave was exactly what I called it BS. It had no bearing on what I actually said, so you have to make things up to get some sort of response.
What did I "make up"? What is the "BS" about rape and abortion? I honestly fail to see the point you were trying to make. You just keep repeating charges of "BS".
Quote:
...the ACA should have made PP obsolete as everyone had to have health insurance and insurance companies couldn't decline any sort of services.

Well yeah, that would have been nice. But the ACA was sandbagged by Republicans from the start and never had any chance of fulfilling the mission it was designed for.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2018 12:18 pm
@hightor,
What I wrote:
Quote:
Maybe people should take more personal responsibility when it comes to their own actions and they wouldn't have to have abortions. People now a days don't care if they can care for a child or not, they will have them any ways because they know people like you will demand others pay for their mistakes and not the people who made them.

What you wrote:
Quote:
Do you think victims of rape are irresponsible and should be forced to carry their rapist's baby to term?

Then you ask what you made up?
Quote:
What did I "make up"? What is the "BS" about rape and abortion? I honestly fail to see the point you were trying to make. You just keep repeating charges of "BS"

The BS, is the rape claim and abortion, when I clearly wasn't talking about rape.

Quote:
Well yeah, that would have been nice. But the ACA was sandbagged by Republicans from the start and never had any chance of fulfilling the mission it was designed for.

No such thing has taken place. The ACA is still in tact and has been for over 4 years, the RINO's saw to that.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2018 08:36 pm
@Baldimo,
This is not rocket science all you need do is search for “FBI violent crime 2016” The FBI tracks and publishes the violent crime stats. No one else tracks violent crime they simply go to the FBIs site as a reference. I hate to tell you but the FBI leans to the right.

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2018 10:50 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
This is not rocket science all you need do is search for “FBI violent crime 2016” The FBI tracks and publishes the violent crime stats. No one else tracks violent crime they simply go to the FBIs site as a reference.

If it's not rocket science, then post the links yourself, shouldn't be that hard to do.

Quote:
I hate to tell you but the FBI leans to the right.

Not sure what you mean by that, how would the FBI lean left or right? Is this your attempt to throw shade at the FBI as an untrustworthy dept?

Quote:
America is not made up of only cities and the comparison made by state to state is a fair comparison.

So is the comparison for the major cities in each state, which is exactly what the links I provided did. The population centers are where a majority of the crimes take place in a state.
The problem with using states as I mentioned before, was that states like IL can hide Chicago's crimes rates in a very large state with multiple big cities, where when you compare cities, you get a much better count of the majority of crime that effects people. It also tells you where you do and don't want to live, which for most people is the only reason to pay attention to crime rates.
Zardoz

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2018 09:02 pm
@Baldimo,
There is the address I could get the link to work on word but when it was copy and pasted to reply the link no longer worked. You can copy and paste the address bar.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/topic-pages/tables/table-2

Cities vary greatly in population and size it is hard to compare apples to oranges. If you wanted to break it down further, you could look at certain neighborhoods within in cities. Some neighborhoods would have very little crime and others would have a very high crime rate. Likewise, you would find neighborhoods with very low rates of gun ownership and low crime rates and other neighborhoods with high rates of gun ownership and high crime rates. No doubt in Chicago the neighborhoods with the highest rate of gun ownership also have the highest crime rates.

Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2018 10:31 pm
@Zardoz,
Where did you get your information on gun ownership? Since there are no gun registry records of who owns what guns, how is the information considered accurate?