The Communist Origin of the Modern Conservative Movement VI

Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2018 10:17 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
The fact remains that there is absolutely no reason to put weapons of war on the streets. We don’t need to know whether they were legal or not because it does not matter to the dead any longer. Your child is just as dead shot with a legal AR-15 or an illegal AR-15. Make them all illegal and put anyone caught with one in prison for 20 years.

The AR-15 is not a weapon of war, saying it over and over again doesn't make it so. It's a semi-auto rifle, not full-auto rifle.

Quote:
I worked in the police department and worked with them for another 40 years. I spent years in city, state and federal courts. I am pretty familiar with both policemen and police procedures. Your dad may have been a policeman, but it is not the same as working with the police department.

Stop trying to say you have any sort of experience in the Law Enforcement world, you were not a cop, you wrote tickets for sign violations, at worst you were a bureaucratic building inspector.

Quote:
Have you ever been on a drug raid? I have been on several.

Waiting in the car while the real cops do the work is not going on a drug raid. You were likely there to prove the house was not fit for human habitation after the police collected all of the evidence and you did you safe tour of the building.

Quote:
All mass murders are mass shootings but not all mass shootings are mass murders. Both statistics are relevant to the discussion.

Not when you want to focus on the AR-15 only. The majority of mass shootings do not take place with that weapon. The last best stat we had was out of 11k murders, 325ish were done with an AR type weapon.

Quote:
How old are you? You seem to be having memory problems.

44 and my memory is better than yours. You can't even remember to post quotes or links for anything you say. Utter failure to source.

Quote:
That is exactly what the article you posted stated that the mass murder began taking off in the 1960. I didn’t post that you did. Just as the AR-15 is hitting the streets mass murders begin to rapidly increase. I wonder if the two are connected. No doubt about it assault weapons make mass murder easy. Mental issues? Not one mass murderer has ever been found innocent by reason of insanity. So, insanity has no dogs in this fight. The insane have trouble finding lunch let alone planning a complex military style attack.

I've posted several links and articles, it would help if you did the same.

Mass shootings have only been a thing for the last 20 or so years. They are rare in comparison to normal murders. It wasn't until the 80's that we saw the first "mass shooting", and it wasn't until Columbine that school shootings became a thing. Something has changed in our youth and guns are not the issue.
https://hotair.com/archives/2018/05/18/school-shooting-epidemic-slow-motion-riot/

Quote:
No doubt about it assault weapons make mass murder easy. Mental issues? Not one mass murderer has ever been found innocent by reason of insanity. So, insanity has no dogs in this fight. The insane have trouble finding lunch let alone planning a complex military style attack.

You confuse insanity with mental issues. Not many serial killers are found innocent by reason insanity either...
Military style attack? I don't think you understand one thing about military tactics, you never served in the military, I did.

Quote:
The number of people murdered in mass murders has increased radically in the last two years and the language has not kept up. New terms will need to be coined.

Mass murders or mass shootings? Compared to what period of time, the 1960's?

Quote:
There is a big difference between four people being killed and fifty-nine people being killed. If only three people are killed it is not a mass murder but there is a far greater difference between four and fifty-nine than between one and four. We could rate mass murders by color, but we would run out of colors.

How many mass shootings vs school shootings have there been? School shooting is a loose term for the anti-gun groups. Gang members could shoot each other in the school parking lot and you would consider it a school shooting like Parkland. Your use of terms is meaningless because it bends to your emotional argument, not the facts of the argument.

Quote:
I have provided several references for the facts in this discussion but obviously you don’t even read to the end the links you posted.

You have provided nothing but an account of a book or books you read 20 years ago, that doesn't count as providing facts that can be verified and certainly not in relation to our current discussion. Your 20 year old books do nothing for modern day facts or stats.

Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2018 10:37 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
I am no more biased against organized cults than I am against racism they are both a problem.

It lets me in on your state of mind when you call major religions "cults".

Quote:
Are you one of those people that is going to send your money so that televangelist can by a new $64 million jet? That conman will take the last penny from poor people hoping to buy their way into an imaginary heaven.

Do you read what is ever written? I've already said I'm not a Christian or a follower of any other religion. I have an issue with someone rising from the dead, but I don't belittle those who do have that faith or a faith in any religion. Man is at fault for the problems with religion, not God, if he/she exists.

Quote:
You are the one that bought up abortion in an effort to justify mass murder as an ordinary event that should just be tolerated.

I brought up abortion in relation to PP lobbying Congress and demanding funds for a private business vs the NRA who doesn't receive money from govt but actually supports a Right in the Constitution. It had nothing to do with justifying mass murder, that is all in your anti-gun head.

Quote:
Again, you are the one who introduced abortion into the argument and you can never talk about abortion without talking about religion. God is omnificent, he created “everything” including all fetuses, those that made it and those that didn’t.

Sure we can, you are the one who wants to limit the discussion to abortion and religion. I can argue against abortion and not bring religion into it, I think those that use religion as their primary basis of political understanding are flawed, just as those who use emotion as their primary basis for political understanding are flawed. Neither one can stand on facts to back their argument.

Quote:
Abortion is a complicated argument because it involves religion which is a subset of philosophy.

Wrong, easy to discuss abortion and not use religion.

Quote:
The gun debate does not involve religion it is simply a question of how many deaths are we willing to tolerate to have assault weapons on the streets?

We don't have assault weapons on the street, look up the definition of an assault weapon, the AR-15 does not meet that defination. An assault weapon is a full-auto rifle with select fire capability, the AR-15 does not have select fire, it either fires semi-auto or it doesn't fire.

Quote:
The religious are not satisfied to keep religion in church they constantly push their beliefs on others and society as a whole. You need only pass by a Catholic church to see thousands of little white crosses on their lawn. Just like the KKK they love putting white crosses on lawns. Men have control over their bodily functions without the inference of religious cults women do not. Religious cults want to take control of women’s normal bodily functions.

What are you babbling about?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2018 11:26 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
Abortion is already illegal in the third-trimester and many states have tried to make getting abortions as difficult as possible. So, in fact some abortions are already illegal. In the end the majority will determine the fate of abortion in America. They will continue to replace supreme court judges until they make abortion completely illegal. And in the end the same fate will befall the gun debate.

Abortion will never be completely illegal, SCOTUS has already ruled and I doubt the DNC will allow that many anti-abortion people on to the courts.

Quote:
Language especially when it comes to legal matters has to be very precise and the legal definition of words prevails in a court of law.

Legalese is a trap created by lawyers to confuse the normal person and keep them ignorant of the real issues. We could very easily decrease the complicated legal language but lawyers won't allow it to happen, it's their bread and butter to sow confusion.

Quote:
Language in common use is lose by nature but courts of law require a higher standard.

Lawyers are the reason.

Quote:
What went into the constitution was decided by majority rule.

How wrong can you be. It wasn't majority rule, it was compromise that won the day.

Quote:
The constitution was written with provisions that allow it to be changed by the majority.

Not a simple majority, it requires either 3/4 of the states to Amend the Constitution or 2/3 of State Legislators via a Constitutional Convention. 51% do not decide the Constitution.

Quote:
The most basic right of all is the right to control your own body. If you take that freedom you have no freedom. If you can take that right you can take any right.

I'm pro-prostitution, are you? If someone has the right to do with their body as they please, then you should have no problem with prostitution.

Quote:
I had no position on abortion for many years It never concerned me. I never had to pay for one and I was sure I would never need one but since it became a political football that was helping the radical right destroy America I had to take a stand. Rights are limited and so are abortions.

Abortion is only legal in the sense that it is a matter of privacy between a woman and her doctor. Abortion is a medical procedure and nothing more. I support cloning research, should that be legal or is the govt correct to make human cloning illegal? If you have the ability, should you be able to clone yourself, after all it is your own body...

Quote:
Whenever you talk about rights you can’t leave out abortion rights.

Abortion is a medical procedure and nothing more. It's a right to privacy the SCOTUS ruled on, and that privacy is to have an abortion preformed.

Quote:
The abortion debate hinges on it is alive and sperm is alive. If something is alive it should be entitled to the same treatment.

Sperm are not alive and do not become anything other than a stain on a sheet. Eggs are the same way, nothing but a bloody stain on a sheet. Neither one of those is anything until they merge, then they become a human and not a ham sandwich. This is science, not religion.

Quote:
The directions for the use of quotes is on the site. I write my posts on word and paste them on the reply site. The reason if the power goes down or the computer restarts you loss 2-3 hour’s worth of work. If the computer restarts the post is automatically saved on Word.

Doesn't excuse the lack of quotes or links to sources. You can post edit after you copy and paste.

Quote:
Abortions are not all medical procedures. Abortion is a routine medical procedure with little risk. There are plenty of quacks in the medical field who would perform the most outrageous and dangerous medical procedures. Until the right of control of your own body is resolved it would be impossible to resolve the gun rights debate.

Apples and oranges, sad you can't tell the difference.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2018 12:32 pm
@Zardoz,
Quote:
In the end we are a majority rule country.

No we are not, we are a Constitutional Republic. The majority can't create a law that violates the Rights of others. If we were majority rule, we would have no need for a SCOTUS to protect the Rights of the minority.

Quote:
When the supreme court ruled that abortion was legal the effort to replace the supreme court justices with anti-abortion justices started.

Doesn't matter, the country is pretty evenly split on abortion and even then the "majority" flows back and forth.

Quote:
If the truth be known the anti-abortionists were responsible for Trump getting elected.

Check your voter facts, that isn't the case. Trump is nothing close to a "family values" guy and didn't run as such. I laugh at those from the left who try to claim this.

Quote:
It is obvious to everyone that Trump is crazier than a sh**house rat but as long as he will stack the supreme court with antiabortionist that all that is important.

You are not wrong about Trump being crazy, but I doubt he cares that much about abortion.

Quote:
Abortion is probably the most important issue in America today not because of abortion but because it is driving our politics in a downward spiral. All that is needed to get elected in America in many cases is say you are against abortion.

Pfft, abortion typically only rates with the extreme of each party. The average citizen doesn't hold abortion that high on the list and is more than likely put off by the persistent and insistence "importance" both extremes put on it.
http://news.gallup.com/poll/178133/economy-government-top-election-issues-parties.aspx

Quote:
You can bet the subject is much broader than abortion because it goes to the heart of whether Americans have rights.

Balderdash. Americans have the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, which limits the govt, not the citizens. You think the govt and the "majority" get to make that decision.

Quote:
You have to remember this is not a majority trying to impose its will on the minority this is a minority actively using the government to impose its will on the majority.

Wrong. The 2nd Amendment pertains to all Americans, it is a small minded minority who think they can trick the majority out of their rights.

Quote:
I have no trouble following the argument by putting the posts side by side.

I've come to realize that you are a couple weeks behind posts. When you reply to some of these things, it was at least a full week ago that I wrote it. If it takes you 3 or 4 hours to reply with the crap you do, that scares me.

Quote:
You have a hard time refuting actual facts it is easier to complain and run.

What facts? You have typed a lot of things and put them forth as facts, but you fail to source, it is not my "job" to look up old obscure books from 20 years ago to prove your facts... You have internet access, use it.

Quote:
I did not introduce the tangent of abortion in this discussion but once it is on the table…

Abortion wasn't the tangent, it was Planned Parenthood vs the NRA. You diluted down to abortion only and not the fact that both groups lobby Congress, one actually receives money from the govt and the other doesn't.

Quote:
I know that you think you know what you posted but in many cases you don’t

quoting what someone wrote is a good way to do business, it keeps everyone on track. As I pointed out, you are at least a week behind in posts.

Quote:
Why do you believe that the supreme court ruled that abortions should be legal? The women that wanted an abortion were always able to find someone that would preform the abortion.

No history of abortion is needed as it really isn't relevant to the discussion. Abortion isn't going anywhere and I wouldn't want it to. When the majority thought it should be illegal, the SCOTUS ruled in favor of the woman and her Constitutional right to privacy between her and her Dr.

Quote:
Current religion proports to take the bible literally. It has all the hall marks of a 2,000-year-old cult. Its foundation is in the age of ignorance and its objective is to impose ignorance on America.

I don't think you actually know any average Christians... your opinion on their beliefs doesn't meet with the Christians I know. I wonder if you feel this way about Islam and Judaism. You would have a point if you were talking about Islam in America, it is not compatible with our Constitution.

Quote:
Female teachers “molesting” teenagers have become a media sensation for the same reason a dog biting a man is not a story but a man biting a dog is a story.

While it is good news stories, it isn't comparable to people or dogs bitting each other.

Quote:
Because it is so rare female teachers molesting teenage boys gets the maximum amount of press. Preachers molesting children is so common it is like a dog biting a man it is a non-story everybody already knows that is common.

Now that is some BS, the MSM loves to go after religion, they are a bunch of leftists like you and can't wait to knock down religion so that state can take it's place.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2018 01:07 pm
@Zardoz,
Quote:
You might do well to remember that only 5.8% of Rhode Islanders own guns. How do you think an anti-assault weapon platform would do in that state?

You know this how? Does RI have gun registration and verification? If they don't, those #'s are not reliable.

Quote:
Will you stop clinging to the fairy tale that guns protect people.

You are right, it is a fairy tale that guns protect people. The fact is people protect themselves with guns, the gun is an inanimate object. I can provide you with story after story of people using guns in self-defense, that is a reality.

Quote:
The reality is that people that owns guns and their families are the ones most likely to be shot and killed.

I read that speculation report, it wasn't backed by actual facts, just some math games of probability.
I've already provided the link to the 2013 cdc study which said there were 500,000 to 2.5 million self-defense gun uses.

Quote:
If your silly fairy tale were true Rhode Island would be overrun by crime because 94% of the population doesn’t own a gun. Guess what Rhode Island has few guns and one of the lowest crime rates in the country at 43rd. This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the gun manufacturers propaganda is a lie. Alaska with the highest rate of gun ownership has the highest rate of crime in America. The crime rate in Alaska is over 3 times as high. More guns, more violent crime. The more difficult we make it for people to own guns the more we reduce crime.

Links?

Quote:
The fantasy of every mass murderer is acquiring a full automatic assault weapon to commit mass murder with.

You imagine some sort of fantasy.

Quote:
The only thing that stopped them is they are very difficult to obtain. Only the Las Vegas shooter managed to make his assault weapons fully automatic. Guns have been stolen from the army before and in fact my uncle bought his Thompson home from the army.

An assault weapon is already fully automatic, that's what makes it an assault weapon. The AR platform is not an assault weapon, putting a stupid add on doesn't change that fact. Make the bump-stock illegal, the NRA doesn't have a problem with it.

Quote:
Guns have been stolen from the army before and in fact my uncle bought his Thompson home from the army.

You aren't living in modern times. There hasn't been a major gun theft from the military on US soil in several decades and you can't point to any crimes committed with such guns. Your uncle would have been in WWII or Korea, that was the last time the military used those weapons.

Quote:
You have a real problem with facts when they don’t confirm to your fantasy.

The fantasy is that you think you have posted facts, you have not done so. I've posted facts but you ignore them. You post somthing to back your facts and I will consider them. Telling me about a book you read 20 years ago isn't facts.

Quote:
“The background check works for the majority of people.” It isn’t the majority of people we are worried about it is the tiny minority that commit the mass murders. A fence built with holes in it is worthless.

You have failed to explain how a background check system would pick up on someone's intentions? Besides you can't even prove that a majority of mass murders are committed with AR-15's. You just say it, no proof is ever provided.

0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2018 08:38 pm
@Baldimo,
If these people get “saved” as they are so fond of saying, then these incidents would not happen, but they are not saved they are every bit as bad as those who practice no religion. When incidents of child molesting were studied they found that the incidents of child molesting in the Catholic church were no higher than in the general public. What does that tell you? Religion is a total and complete fraud. The practice of religion no matter how devout, doesn’t stop one child molester, not even one. That reflect on all religions.

Charles Manson’s cult was very similar to the typical religious cult. The object of both was to take control of their follower’s minds. No one would say you were bigot if you took Manson’s cult to task, but you seem to think if you have anything bad to say about any other cult you would be a bigot. Through most of recorded history organized religion simply burnt anybody that criticized their religion at the stake. This is how the Christian religion spread throughout the world one burning body at a time. The Manson’s cult was responsible for only relative few murders the Christian Church for 100,000.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2018 09:06 pm
@Baldimo,
You are right unions are on the decline and with the decline of the unions comes the decline of the middle class. Many non-unions companies pay better wages than union shops to keep unions out. If they can make their employees happy by paying more than union scale they will do it. But what happens when there are no union competitors? There is no longer any reason to pay a decent wage. Even a small number of unions is responsible for higher wages for many others.

My mom was in management and worked for one of two major hospitals in town. When the other hospital unionized. The hospital that she worked for bought in a professional consulting firm to keep the union out. The professional consultant first advice was to always pay more than the union hospital. The end result after a number of years was the unionized hospital bought the non-unionized Hospital.

Unions make for better managed companies as they help manage the company. The CEO sitting in his office often has no idea what actually goes on the shop floor given the chance employees can often improve things. Having a voice makes for more satisfied employees.

I don’t know what propaganda site you got that from, but it is a right wing lie. The only people that get back more money than they pay in are people with children that designed as a welfare program. How in the world do you figure people get more back than they pay in other than the child care credit? No program exists to pay people more than they pay in. This would require a source of dedicated revenue. Only the people with excess wealth should be paying a tax levied on excess wealth.

Rights are inherent and self-evident like your right to control the functions of your own body? There can be no more right more self-evident than control of your own body and the right is working overtime to make sure you don’t have that right.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2018 01:23 pm
@Zardoz,
Quote:
You are right unions are on the decline and with the decline of the unions comes the decline of the middle class. Many non-unions companies pay better wages than union shops to keep unions out. If they can make their employees happy by paying more than union scale they will do it. But what happens when there are no union competitors? There is no longer any reason to pay a decent wage. Even a small number of unions is responsible for higher wages for many others.

Unions have very little to do with current wages. Wages will continue to go up as long as their is competition for work, it's the only time we see real wage gain, the mid-90's is a perfect example. It happens when unemployment is low and companies are looking for good people, they have to raise the wages to attract the best employees.

Quote:
My mom was in management and worked for one of two major hospitals in town. When the other hospital unionized. The hospital that she worked for bought in a professional consulting firm to keep the union out. The professional consultant first advice was to always pay more than the union hospital. The end result after a number of years was the unionized hospital bought the non-unionized Hospital.

The 1970's or the 1980's? The non-unionized hospital more than likely had better service, that's why it was bought out, it suffered due to poor management and the union power hustlers, it usually happens when Unions are involved.

Quote:
Unions make for better managed companies as they help manage the company. The CEO sitting in his office often has no idea what actually goes on the shop floor given the chance employees can often improve things. Having a voice makes for more satisfied employees.

Unions make for good company killers as can be showed by the Detroit automakers and the unions that almost killed them. The same usually happens when "unions" think they can manage a company that they don't care about.

Quote:
I don’t know what propaganda site you got that from, but it is a right wing lie. The only people that get back more money than they pay in are people with children that designed as a welfare program. How in the world do you figure people get more back than they pay in other than the child care credit? No program exists to pay people more than they pay in. This would require a source of dedicated revenue.

I provided my facts, where are yours? That's right, you have none.

Quote:
Only the people with excess wealth should be paying a tax levied on excess wealth.

There is no such thing as excess wealth, and there is no tax for something that doesn't exist. Everyone pays an income tax and the only people who actually pay any Federal taxes are those who make above 50k a year. Our tax system has become another wealth redistribution scam.

Quote:
Rights are inherent and self-evident like your right to control the functions of your own body? There can be no more right more self-evident than control of your own body and the right is working overtime to make sure you don’t have that right.

You mean they are working to limit abortion? That is the only "right" in question when it comes to someone's body. At best this right only applies to half the population as women are the only people who can have an abortion.
The rights of the father who contributed the other half of the genetic material has no rights even though women can't get pregnant on their own without medical help. What about the fathers rights for the baby?

I had to have my ex-wife's permission, we were married at the time, to get a vasectomy, I couldn't do it on my own and without her signature on the medical form... Is that a right that the right is trying to limit?

0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2018 09:29 pm
@Baldimo,
The drug problem is similar to a military position if the enemy is willing to commit 10 times the troops holding the position to overtake the position it will fall. When Regan was in office the right wanted to finance wars in a number of different countries, but congress made a law to cut off funding to any undeclared war. Since congress had cut the funds off for Reagan’s war in Nicaragua the CIA needed to find a creative way to finance the guns they were smuggling into Nicaragua. Since the planes were already going down with the guns there is no reason to fly the planes back empty. A deal was struck with one major drug cartel and the planes were loaded with cocaine on the return flights and cheap crack cocaine flooded the big cities. The right always believes that the end justifies the means. The Reagan administration is responsible for a good portion of America’s drug problems in their effort to “save the world.” The Republican War on Drugs what War on Drugs? They were supplying the enemy. Isn’t it funny how Reagan’s popularity has fallen even among Republicans?
AS a country we have decided that each generation can take its place in the political arena at age 18. At that time, they can vote for candidates of their choice and work to support the political causes they support. Each year seven million Americans come of age to vote and they are working to make sure they are all registered to vote. It is the American way. Seven million more votes against assault weapons each year. People are funny that way they don’t like getting shot at with assault weapons they don’t have a sporting chance of getting away.

At the time I took the job I was a mechanic and that was the only garage in town that had a union shop. Mechanics are an independent lot. Trying to unionize them is like herding cats. The labors unionized, the carpenters unionized, the plumbers unionized, the electricians unionized but not the mechanics and the wage and benefits reflected that fact. I had a couple of race cars at the time and needed a full machine shop in my spare time.
It is not the cut of the ticket it is a cut of the B&O tax I bought in. A half hour’s work resulted in several hundred thousand of B&O tax. I could usually achieve my objectives without writing tickets. One of the mayors was so upset over some things I had written on the internet and guest editorials in the newspaper he called me to his office and made an issue of the low number of tickets I had written. When I ticketed a few his friends he suddenly lost all interest. The B&O tax was 2% of the gross and an additional 2% on each sub-contractor’s contract on a several million-dollar projects the B&O adds up very quickly. In fact, it is the major portion of the city’s $60,000,000 budget.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Baldimo

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2018 09:59 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
The drug problem is similar to a military position if the enemy is willing to commit 10 times the troops holding the position to overtake the position it will fall. When Regan was in office the right wanted to finance wars in a number of different countries, but congress made a law to cut off funding to any undeclared war. Since congress had cut the funds off for Reagan’s war in Nicaragua the CIA needed to find a creative way to finance the guns they were smuggling into Nicaragua. Since the planes were already going down with the guns there is no reason to fly the planes back empty. A deal was struck with one major drug cartel and the planes were loaded with cocaine on the return flights and cheap crack cocaine flooded the big cities. The right always believes that the end justifies the means. The Reagan administration is responsible for a good portion of America’s drug problems in their effort to “save the world.” The Republican War on Drugs what War on Drugs? They were supplying the enemy. Isn’t it funny how Reagan’s popularity has fallen even among Republicans?

Finance wars, or stop the spread of your favorite political policies? Communism was on the move during the Cold War and it was spreading to South America. The War on drugs was initiated by Nixon, thanks to the hippies, but expanded greatly during the Reagan years. If you think the US govt is responsible for all the drugs in the US, then you are worse off then I thought. The cocaine being brought in during the late 70's and 80's was most prolific in FL and the Miami area. Hell, modern day Miami was built with drug money from the Colombian cartels, they didn't have anything to do with Nicaragua. I like your little twists on history, the Cold War was our fault and had nothing to do with the USSR and their expanding influence into our hemisphere?

Quote:
AS a country we have decided that each generation can take its place in the political arena at age 18.

Generation? How about each citizen that turns 18? You speak about groups way to much and not enough about the individual. That is the fault in your political philosophy, no accounting for the individual, everything has to be about the group.

Quote:
At that time, they can vote for candidates of their choice and work to support the political causes they support.

They can actually work for any political cause they choose before being 18, or you wouldn't have a bunch of children trying to take away adults Rights.

Quote:
Each year seven million Americans come of age to vote and they are working to make sure they are all registered to vote. It is the American way. Seven million more votes against assault weapons each year. People are funny that way they don’t like getting shot at with assault weapons they don’t have a sporting chance of getting away.

You are inflating their #'s by almost double. This is how facts and sourcing works:
https://www.infoplease.com/us/births/live-births-and-birth-rates-year
About 4 million young people turn 18 every year, this is according to birth records for the years people were born. How many of those 18 year olds are all actually US citizens? When it comes to voting and our Constitution, only US citizens count.

Quote:
Seven million more votes against assault weapons each year. People are funny that way they don’t like getting shot at with assault weapons they don’t have a sporting chance of getting away.

If you think all of the 18 year olds agree with you, you are sorely mistaken. While young people are easier to fool, hence the reason the left targets children, you will have more than half those kids voting your way, the rest are not fooled and kids when exposed to the real world change their political beliefs as they age. The real world has that effect on people.

Quote:
It is not the cut of the ticket it is a cut of the B&O tax I bought in. A half hour’s work resulted in several hundred thousand of B&O tax. I could usually achieve my objectives without writing tickets. One of the mayors was so upset over some things I had written on the internet and guest editorials in the newspaper he called me to his office and made an issue of the low number of tickets I had written. When I ticketed a few his friends he suddenly lost all interest. The B&O tax was 2% of the gross and an additional 2% on each sub-contractor’s contract on a several million-dollar projects the B&O adds up very quickly. In fact, it is the major portion of the city’s $60,000,000 budget.

Thief's in suits with a ticket book.

0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2018 09:48 pm
@Baldimo,
Abortion is not a right. The right is control over your own bodily function. But even that has limits. If you decided to terminate your bodily functions for instance by suicide. In some states suicide is consider a criminal act but it is hard to prosecute the dead. They just don’t show up in court. All rights have limits.

Governments are like any other business in order to provide services they need money. A business can simply raise the price of its products to raise needed funds. A local government supplies services like police and fire protection. It also builds and maintains streets and sewers. If a government cannot raise taxes when necessary, it only choice is to cut services. For instances in the 1980s the Federal Government made it illegal to dump raw sewage into the Ohio river. The city’s sewer system is a 100-year-old combination sewer system. This means the sanitary and storm sewers are mixed through most of the city. When it is not raining the sewer system works fine but when a thunderstorm hits the raw sewage is going 50 ft out into the river at several outlets. The sewage plant is over run, and they dump the plant into the river. The EPA fined the city a $150,000 for dumping sewage into the river 35 times in a year. The cost to replace system was estimated at $100 million in the 80s. They did not want to raise taxes to replace the sewer system. Now the cost to replace the sewer system is half a billion plus fines.

Our local tri-Athlon was moved from the lake to the Ohio river. There was no way I was going to swim in that sewer. I just do the Duathlon but this year they are have a Kayathlon. I figure if I can stay in the Kayak and keep the toilet paper off the paddle I’ll be fine. This is an example of what happens when the ungodly greedy use their political clout to keep from raising taxes to keep from replacing 100 year old infrastructure. They take their $100,000 yachts out and let their children water ski in an open sewer. I am not surprised that the GOP would pass a law to keep the ungodly greedy from paying their share of taxes. When all state federal and local taxes are taken into account the ungodly greedy pay the lowest percentage of their income even less than the poor and they want to pay less. I say let the dead beats children drown in the open sewers across the country.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 10:41 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
Abortion is not a right.

Yes it is, the SCOTUS ruled on it the year I was born, 1973, and since then millions upon millions of babies haven't been born. Abortion is the only "right" the left is concerned with when it comes to people and that right only applies to 50% of the US population. This farce you are trying to pass isn't fooling anyone.

Quote:
The right is control over your own bodily function. But even that has limits. If you decided to terminate your bodily functions for instance by suicide. In some states suicide is consider a criminal act but it is hard to prosecute the dead. They just don’t show up in court. All rights have limits.

CO has an assisted suicide law, which I voted for, that is available to those who are dying with no chance of healing or getting better, it's a personal choice, the right to die is only limited by where you live. No one goes to jail for trying to kill themselves, they go to mental health centers and get help with their real problems, living isn't one of those problems. Can you provide any current court cases that show people have gone to jail for attempted suicide?

Quote:
The majority elect the congressmen who make the laws. If someone believes a law is not constitutional they can take a case to court and the courts will rule if it is constitutional.

Correct, which means majority does not rule, the Constitution rules.

Quote:
Governments are like any other business in order to provide services they need money.

Govt operates nothing like a business, a business actually produces either a product or a service that people pay for, govt does nothing of the sort. Govt takes money from the populace and tells them what service it is going to provide for them. There is no fair exchange of service for payment, the majority of people who pay for welfare "services" are not the people who receive those services. The is the exact opposite of capitalism, which business's in the US follow the rules of.

Quote:
A business can simply raise the price of its products to raise needed funds. A local government supplies services like police and fire protection. It also builds and maintains streets and sewers. If a government cannot raise taxes when necessary, it only choice is to cut services.

That's not how business's work. They can't just raise their prices to fund other products, their competitors would take control of the market with their less costing product. Companies typically have an R&D fund for new products, which is funded out of their profits. If they are a new company they seek investors to fund their new product and those investors either get cut of the profits, or they get huge amounts of "stock options" in case the company goes public.
Govt can't even come close to such an efficient model of operation and depends on the taxpayers to be their investors. At least in the public sector, the investors get something for their money, the general populace generally see's no such thing. The money goes and they never see it again, if govt operated like a business, people would be in jail for the scams and fired for doing bad jobs and failed services and products would be ended and replaced with something that actually works.

Quote:
For instances in the 1980s the Federal Government made it illegal to dump raw sewage into the Ohio river. The city’s sewer system is a 100-year-old combination sewer system. This means the sanitary and storm sewers are mixed through most of the city. When it is not raining the sewer system works fine but when a thunderstorm hits the raw sewage is going 50 ft out into the river at several outlets. The sewage plant is over run, and they dump the plant into the river. The EPA fined the city a $150,000 for dumping sewage into the river 35 times in a year. The cost to replace system was estimated at $100 million in the 80s. They did not want to raise taxes to replace the sewer system. Now the cost to replace the sewer system is half a billion plus fines.

I love how you keep going back to the 80's or further back, is that the limit of your knowledge?
The cost of that replacement wouldn't be so high if it wasn't for govt regulations and permitting. When only union labor is allowed on federal jobs, it causes a problem for the taxpayer. Non-union companies should be allowed to bid and win.

Quote:
I figure if I can stay in the Kayak and keep the toilet paper off the paddle I’ll be fine. This is an example of what happens when the ungodly greedy use their political clout to keep from raising taxes to keep from replacing 100 year old infrastructure.

Why do the rich have to pay for everything? Raise general taxes on everyone, if everyone is using the system, we/they should all pay for it. The wealthy more than likely live in area's that are already updated and doesn't have the problem you want them to pay for. In fact if city govt's did a better job of controlling their finances, they would have the money to do what is actually their responsibility instead of making things up to grab more control of the people.

Quote:
They take their $100,000 yachts out and let their children water ski in an open sewer. I am not surprised that the GOP would pass a law to keep the ungodly greedy from paying their share of taxes. When all state federal and local taxes are taken into account the ungodly greedy pay the lowest percentage of their income even less than the poor and they want to pay less. I say let the dead beats children drown in the open sewers across the country.

So it's about the percentage of what is paid vs what they actually pay? You want them to pay something like 70-90% of their wealth, not income, you want it all, not just a "fair share". It's typically of someone who follow's the teachings of Marx.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2018 09:03 pm
@Baldimo,
While the second amendment may not mention muskets, it can only grant a right to the state of “arms” at the time. No one knows when an invention can no longer be improved. For all the founding fathers knew the guns at time were the state of art and would never be improved. There is a concept under the law called dead hand control. Say a hundred-year-old subdivision had deed restriction that stated that no fences in the front yard. People in that subdivision could go to court and break the deed restriction claiming dead hand control. The people that made the deed restriction were long dead. Your belief is those long dead founding fathers, dead over 200 years, can grant rights to all future guns invented in the next 10,000 years. That is absurd, and you know it. Tyranny would be taking the control over a person’s bodily functions, that is tyranny.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
My opinion? Really, lest test that hypothesis. The Las Vegas shooting demonstrated to everyone what assault weapons are designed to do. Three rounds a minute would at least give school children a sporting chance. After the first victim was shot they could get a head start.

Modern weapons of war have evolved so far that they have little to nothing in common with the guns that were state of the art in 1791. The founding fathers could only design their amendment with the information available in 1791. If the founding fathers had the information available today the second amendment would be very restrictive. The courts also agree that limits can be placed on the second amendment.

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2018 10:06 pm
@Baldimo,
The NRA was laundering Russian money and using it to elect Trump. The Justice Department is currently investigating the NRA for actively working with the Russian. A Justice Department investigation is hardly crap. I wonder how many NRA members will drop their membership when they find out what the NRA is really doing.

The idea of the post was how much damage could be done without a fully automatic assault weapon imagine how many more people would have been killed with fully automatic assault weapons? With your absolutely no limits on gun rights philosophy the streets would be running over with fully automatic assault weapons. Not one mass murder has ever been found innocent by reason of insanity so there goes your theory of them being nuts. They are not nuts they know what they want to do and work toward that objective and achieve that objective that is the very definition of sanity. Fatherless mass murders, you must be kidding. Do you have any idea how many children in America are fatherless? Mass murders would make up less than a fraction of 1% of them.
Zardoz

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 09:25 pm
@Baldimo,
No matter how much shotguns have in common with assault weapons what we don’t have is shotguns capable of firing 400-600 rounds a minute. Shotguns are not the choice of mass murders for that reason. Slugs are not more deadly than 400-600 rounds a minute.

All you need do is take the mass murders that have taken place in the last year and a half, the Las Vegas mass murders, the Pulse Night Club mass murders, the Texas church mass murder, the Parkland FL massacre and a few others. That is all of the statistics you need to ban assault weapons forever.
It is not the same, actually the shootings in Chicago on the weekend I checked was far below the national average. You are trying to equate the shooting that take place between drug dealers with mass murders in our schools. You want to compare apples and oranges and come up with grapes. We are not trying to stop gang violence we are trying to stop mass murders who kill because they enjoy killing. In Chicago they have a specific target in mind a bystander may get shot accidentally but mass murders don’t care who they kill. The VA Tech shooter chained the doors shut so the students could not escape he could have taken his time and killed them with pistols. That is the only mass murder that I know of where the exits were chained shut.
The NRA believed to have laundered at least $500,000 of Russian money for Trump. Look for big jail sentences for the top NRA officers. The proof was on national television on Meet the Press Daily. I realize you don’t watch the news or you would have seen it. Eventually the Justice Department will bring charges.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
What happens in most political argument is one side takes and extreme position on one side and the other side takes an extreme position on the other and eventually they meet somewhere in the middle. You are right there will be mass shootings after all the assault weapons have been melted down, but they will kill only a comparative few. The days of killing 50 to 60 people in a single mass murder will be over for good. Those like you who live in a black and white world will never see the world as it really is. Everything that you don’t like is communist just like Coldjoint. Guns are as American as apple pie? If you have something against majority rule you would really like a dictatorship.

The NRA has no business dictating what can and can’t be studied by the CDC. This tells you that the NRA knows guns are unsafe at any speed. They know guns are a major health hazard and they wanted to keep that information from the public. Your article states that CDC had already determined what the NRA already knew that guns are a health hazard in the home. What the NRA wanted to prevent was the public finding out. This is the cigarette scandal all over again. The cigarette companies knew that they were killing people, but they insisted that cigarettes were good for you. The gun manufacturers knew what happened to the cigarette companies and they are trying to prevent it, but they should learn from history.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 11:13 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
While the second amendment may not mention muskets, it can only grant a right to the state of “arms” at the time.

Where do you get that non-sense? Where does it say anywhere in any of our nations documents that Rights change based on technology? Does the first amendment only apply to the printing press, the FF could not have envisioned radio, TV or the internet?

Quote:
No one knows when an invention can no longer be improved. For all the founding fathers knew the guns at time were the state of art and would never be improved.

One of the founding fathers was a scientist, and he invented the printing press... You think they didn't envision improvements that could have taken place in the future? Science flourished in the US and many many inventions were created during the lifetimes of the early US.
Here, here is a link for pictures of guns from the 1700's, "multi-shot" weapons were already being invented, they had just fought a war for Independence, weapon tech was very much on their minds, they had to remain free.

Quote:
There is a concept under the law called dead hand control. Say a hundred-year-old subdivision had deed restriction that stated that no fences in the front yard. People in that subdivision could go to court and break the deed restriction claiming dead hand control. The people that made the deed restriction were long dead. Your belief is those long dead founding fathers, dead over 200 years, can grant rights to all future guns invented in the next 10,000 years. That is absurd, and you know it.

The Founding Fathers didn't grant anything, you fail to understand how Rights work, the Constitution also doesn't grant Rights, it spells out restrictions against the Govt and the inherent Rights granted to all citizens, you have to take The Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights into account, these are considered The Charter of Freedom, not the documents of limited rights and unrestricted govt power. No one grants rights, that is the thinking of a tyrant.
https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs

Quote:
Tyranny would be taking the control over a person’s bodily functions, that is tyranny.

This is a slow motion debate as I've already addressed these concepts in past posts you haven't gotten to yet. You should really try and reply a little quicker.

Quote:
My opinion? Really, lest test that hypothesis. The Las Vegas shooting demonstrated to everyone what assault weapons are designed to do. Three rounds a minute would at least give school children a sporting chance. After the first victim was shot they could get a head start.

There were no assault weapons used in the Las Vegas shooting, he was using a standard semi-auto rifle. He added a legal Bump-stock, which was approved by the Obama admin ATF, which made it fire like an assault weapon, but it wasn't an assault weapon.
Ban the bump-stock, the NRA thinks it should be banned.

Quote:
A musket is one thing an AR-15 a weapon of modern warfare has nothing in common with a musket except they both can fire a projectile.

So? I'd rather be shot with an AR-15 than a musket, the AR-15 only makes a small hole, the musket ball leave a big hole. Ballistic's my friend, you should lean a little about them.

Quote:
Modern weapons of war have evolved so far that they have little to nothing in common with the guns that were state of the art in 1791.

If he FF were alive today, they would say the AR-15 is the exact type of weapon they were talking about when they envisioned people owning guns. It's a common weapon and to fight against a govt, you would want weapons that were on par with what they were using. The FF were a lot smarter than you are, they understood tyranny for what it really is. This false flag of "freedom" you wave around is a joke.

Quote:
The founding fathers could only design their amendment with the information available in 1791. If the founding fathers had the information available today the second amendment would be very restrictive.

No it wouldn't and they would be ashamed of Americans like you who would limit Rights based on your own fears of a weapon.

Quote:
The courts also agree that limits can be placed on the second amendment.

I'm sure some limits can be placed, but you don't want limits, you want bans on all guns. You have already proven this with your total lack of honest debating with any facts, everything you say about guns is based on emotion and scare tactics.

Quote:
No court in America believes that you can have any such thing as unlimited rights.

That's the sad part of our current govt. If they think Rights should have limits, then they don't believe in Freedom or Liberty, they believe in the power of govt. and nothing more.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 01:40 pm
@Zardoz,
Quote:
The NRA was laundering Russian money and using it to elect Trump.

The colorful language is entertaining.

Quote:
The Justice Department is currently investigating the NRA for actively working with the Russian. A Justice Department investigation is hardly crap. I wonder how many NRA members will drop their membership when they find out what the NRA is really doing.

To be honest, there is nothing illegal about the NRA accepting money from people outside of the United States. Our Justice Dept from the last 5 years has been a joke. Integrity of zero after the head of it met in secret on a plane with Bill Clinton while Hillary was the subject of an investigation...

Quote:
I wonder how many NRA members will drop their membership when they find out what the NRA is really doing.

If they are real believers in the 2nd Amendment, they won't. Are people from outside the US not allowed to believe in gun rights?

Quote:
The idea of the post was how much damage could be done without a fully automatic assault weapon imagine how many more people would have been killed with fully automatic assault weapons?

This is where your lack and knowledge and use of emotional terms comes into play. An assault weapon is a fully automatic gun, your attempt to confuse the language to control the debate only works with those who know less than you.

Quote:
With your absolutely no limits on gun rights philosophy the streets would be running over with fully automatic assault weapons.

This is where quotes are important, I've never said any such thing. You misquote me to make a point... Why?

Quote:
Not one mass murder has ever been found innocent by reason of insanity so there goes your theory of them being nuts.

Your point? Having a mental problem is not the same as being insane. Your claim is fruitless as even the most heinous serial killers were found sane and we know they are not mentally right in the head. Jeffery Dahmer and Ted Bundy are prime examples.

Quote:
They are not nuts they know what they want to do and work toward that objective and achieve that objective that is the very definition of sanity.

You once again don't understand the difference between mental health issues and insanity.

Quote:
Fatherless mass murders, you must be kidding. Do you have any idea how many children in America are fatherless?

You once again refuse to see a difference mass murders and the school shootings a majority of the anti-gun laws are being built on. You on purpose misuse and confuse facts that do no actually show anything in your favor.
Facts are facts.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2018/02/27/of_27_deadliest_mass_shooters_26_of_them_were_fatherless_435596.html

Quote:
Mass murders would make up less than a fraction of 1% of them.

If gun owners were as violent as you claimed, our country would be running in blood. There are over 300 million guns in the US and only about 11k murders per year. The odds and stats do not come out in your favor.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 05:13 pm
@Zardoz,
Quote:
No matter how much shotguns have in common with assault weapons what we don’t have is shotguns capable of firing 400-600 rounds a minute. Shotguns are not the choice of mass murders for that reason.

The rounds per minute mean nothing as you would need continues feed to reach those #'s. A semi-auto is a semi-auto, they only fire a round when the trigger is pulled.

Quote:
Slugs are not more deadly than 400-600 rounds a minute.

Your total lack of experience with guns is showing. I would rather be shot with an AR-15 than a shotgun. Shotguns can be that one shot one kill you were talking about. Even seen what a shotgun can do to soft tissue? No you haven't.
Besides, shotguns can shoot worse things than a slug, you have to be on target for a slug, not so much with shot shells... Your ignorance is beyond comprehension.

Quote:
All you need do is take the mass murders that have taken place in the last year and a half, the Las Vegas mass murders, the Pulse Night Club mass murders, the Texas church mass murder, the Parkland FL massacre and a few others. That is all of the statistics you need to ban assault weapons forever.

All you need to do is limit the facts and you can ban just about anything. Only tyrants think about taking rights due to a few bad apples.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin

Quote:
It is not the same, actually the shootings in Chicago on the weekend I checked was far below the national average.

If all you are concerned about is people dying, then they are exactly the same. What's the national average vs Chicago? 7 deaths and 35 injuries? Those are the same exact type of numbers we see with the average mass shooting in the US.
If you are going to insist on using any sort of "facts", you should really give your source, or your facts are nothing.

Quote:
You are trying to equate the shooting that take place between drug dealers with mass murders in our schools.

Death is death and the reason for someone being dead doesn't matter. Disgruntled student or drug dealer, they are both using guns. You love to confuse mass shootings with school shootings, now you want to separate them out? We are talking about death by guns, I'm sorry Chicago doesn't comply with your fabricated meanings of death.

Quote:
You want to compare apples and oranges and come up with grapes.

No I'm comparing gun deaths, not cherry picking certain cases to make my point.

Quote:
We are not trying to stop gang violence we are trying to stop mass murders who kill because they enjoy killing.

You don't even know the real reasons these kids shoot up their own schools, it most certainly has nothing to do with "liking" killing.

Quote:
In Chicago they have a specific target in mind a bystander may get shot accidentally but mass murders don’t care who they kill.

Gang bangers don't care who they kill, they are just as careless with who they shoot at vs a school shooter.

Quote:
The VA Tech shooter chained the doors shut so the students could not escape he could have taken his time and killed them with pistols. That is the only mass murder that I know of where the exits were chained shut.

Can you imagine if one of the students of qualified age, or a teacher had had a gun with them? That shooting would have been stopped very quickly, it was a "gun free zone" and it left teachers and students at the hands of a deranged person.

Quote:
The NRA believed to have laundered at least $500,000 of Russian money for Trump. Look for big jail sentences for the top NRA officers. The proof was on national television on Meet the Press Daily. I realize you don’t watch the news or you would have seen it. Eventually the Justice Department will bring charges.

The Justice Dept will do nothing, it's another witch hunt because Hillary lost. Nothing more nothing less. There is nothing against the law that prevents the NRA taking money from foreign people. Did you have a problem with all those foreign people donating money to the Clinton Foundation?

Quote:
What happens in most political argument is one side takes and extreme position on one side and the other side takes an extreme position on the other and eventually they meet somewhere in the middle.

You are the one with the extreme position of taking away the 2nd Amendment, I've spoken to your false extreme claims and defended the 2nd Amendment. I've also spent a lot of time correcting your lies about guns. Hard to "meet" in the middle when you constantly lie about guns and the people who use them.

Quote:
You are right there will be mass shootings after all the assault weapons have been melted down, but they will kill only a comparative few.

Few are killed by them now. You and the MSM like to make these things seem more frequent than they really are.

Quote:
The days of killing 50 to 60 people in a single mass murder will be over for good.

You mean the extremely rare mass shooting that claims that many people? The FL and Tx school shootings didn't have that many people killed, they didn't even have that many injured in total. Your fantasy of these constant mass shootings is messing with your sanity.

Quote:
Those like you who live in a black and white world will never see the world as it really is.

It seems more like you live in the world of black and white, I see the world for what it is, you see the world how you think it is. You only see guns for the bad, you see no good, like 500,000 to 2.5 million uses of guns for self-defense. Black and white, it seems the inability to see guns as defense tools isn't living in the grey area, black and white says guns are bad regardless.

Quote:
Everything that you don’t like is communist just like Coldjoint. Guns are as American as apple pie?

Not everything is communist, just certain beliefs are. Thinking the govt should be the ultimate authority is communist, thinking there is a such thing as "excess wealth" is another.

Quote:
If you have something against majority rule you would really like a dictatorship.

Not even close to the truth, we have a Constitution which overrules any such "majority rules" concept you hold in your head. If majority votes to take your house, is that ok? You don't realize the intention of the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are about Freedom and Liberty, they are the Charter of Freedom, not the Charter of Control.

Quote:
The NRA has no business dictating what can and can’t be studied by the CDC.

The NRA makes no such decisions, they lobby Congress just like everyone else does, why should they be different than any other civil rights group? Everytown USA, the anti-gun group, lobbies congress to limit guns, you are ok with that.

Quote:
This tells you that the NRA knows guns are unsafe at any speed. They know guns are a major health hazard and they wanted to keep that information from the public. Your article states that CDC had already determined what the NRA already knew that guns are a health hazard in the home. What the NRA wanted to prevent was the public finding out. This is the cigarette scandal all over again. The cigarette companies knew that they were killing people, but they insisted that cigarettes were good for you. The gun manufacturers knew what happened to the cigarette companies and they are trying to prevent it, but they should learn from history.

Sorry, the CDC study said no such thing and you know it. Stop making things up. Bringing up cigarettes does nothing to further your cause.
Besides, you seem to think the ultimate freedom is doing with ones body what they want to, wouldn't that include smoking tobacco?

0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2018 09:11 pm
@Baldimo,
A gun is all that is necessary to defend your home you are not fighting a war where you would need an assault weapon. The Russians have only invaded the NRA and Whitehouse so far.
Come on a tax office with a loaded AR-15. The idiot security guard fired through a wall. Here again we have a loaded gun just laying around. In none of these scenarios is a secured gun in a gun safe. A child could easily take the loaded AR-15 to school to commit mass murder. Could you find even one where a pistol wouldn’t be just as effective. If you have an incident where over thirty people were invading your home, you might make an argument for needing an AR-15 but of course that doesn’t happen except in your imagination. If you lived in the old west and a tribe of Indians attack your home, you might need an AR-15 but when was the last Indian attack?

To start the Democrats tried to pass a single payer system like Medicare and the Republicans fought it to the bitter end. So, Obamacare was a compromise caused by the Republicans. All the modern industrial countries have national healthcare and pay a small fraction of the cost of the greed-based healthcare system in America. If we are going to make healthcare affordable the first thing cut should be the billions in profit going to the health insurance pirates who huge profits off of every healthcare procedure in America. Single payer is the only solution and the Republicans blocked it. I have a friend who has stage four colon cancer he has been undergoing treatment for nine months. I asked about his medical bills and he has not had a bill. He is on Railroad retirement a modified Medicare insurance. If you ever get that type of cancer on your greed based 80% co insurance plan you will have lost everything you own. His care is already cost over a half a million. That means your share would be $100,000 and that is just for starters. Medical bankruptcy for people who have greed-based health insurance is the biggest reason for bankruptcy in America today. If you are going to go bankrupt when you get sick why buy greed-based health insurance in the first place? America will continue to lose manufacturing jobs until we have single payer health insurance. Toyota was offered $500,000 to build their last plant in America but they built in Canada because they had national health insurance.

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2018 10:57 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
A gun is all that is necessary to defend your home you are not fighting a war where you would need an assault weapon. The Russians have only invaded the NRA and Whitehouse so far.

The AR-15 is not an assault weapon, no more than my Ruger Ranch Rifle is.

Quote:
In none of the situations you posted would the AR-15 locked away in a gun safe. It was loaded and laying around for any child to pick up and play with.

Let me understand this, I provide proof that the AR-15 is used in self-defense and your complaint is that they aren't secured and children can get them? How much more can you move the goal posts in this debate. I can tell you are flailing.

Quote:
Come on a tax office with a loaded AR-15. The idiot security guard fired through a wall. Here again we have a loaded gun just laying around. In none of these scenarios is a secured gun in a gun safe. A child could easily take the loaded AR-15 to school to commit mass murder. Could you find even one where a pistol wouldn’t be just as effective. If you have an incident where over thirty people were invading your home, you might make an argument for needing an AR-15 but of course that doesn’t happen except in your imagination. If you lived in the old west and a tribe of Indians attack your home, you might need an AR-15 but when was the last Indian attack?

Your children and safe response is laughable. As much as you want your idiotology to apply it can't. You wanted self-defense uses with an AR-15, you got them. If a handgun would have been sufficient isn't the case in question, it was your stupid assumption that no one uses the AR-15 for self-defense. If someone is invading my home, I want whatever has the best chance of stopping the threat. If that is a rifle that fires semi-auto, just like a majority of handguns, then that should be the choice of the person who is protecting themselves.

Quote:
You should be able to defend your home with what you chose?

Yes, all the guns that are commonly available should be allowed to be owned.

Quote:
How about an atomic bomb?

Could you be any more stupid? This is the last ditch attempt of the gun grabbers, they bring in ridiculous examples and want you to defend their outrageous idea's.

Quote:
It is just nonsense to keep the sh** and giggles assault weapons. People are dying 59 at a time for what?

No they aren't, stop using limited examples to boost your anti-gun idiotology. We go from semi-auto rifles to atomic bombs? You can give it a rest now.

Quote:
To start the Democrats tried to pass a single payer system like Medicare and the Republicans fought it to the bitter end.

Rightly so. Prior to the ACA, 60% of Americans had health insurance and had no problems with their coverage. There was no reason for a single payer system except that it placed the power in the hands of the govt instead of the people. A majority of our health insurance issues are due to govt regulations and govt oversight. We do not have a free market health system.

Quote:
So, Obamacare was a compromise caused by the Republicans.

There was no compromise, the GOP didn't vote for the ACA. The GOP holds no responsibility for the failures of the ACA. All ideas from the GOP were discarded, 0 votes for the ACA.

Quote:
All the modern industrial countries have national healthcare and pay a small fraction of the cost of the greed-based healthcare system in America.

No they don't. The countries you and Bernie love to talk about, have a 60% across the board income tax, on everyone, not just those you and Bernie consider to have "excess wealth". They also do not have better outcomes or the level of medical advancement we have in the US. People still come here from all over the world to become MD's, they are not going to Sweden or Norway.

Quote:
If we are going to make healthcare affordable the first thing cut should be the billions in profit going to the health insurance pirates who huge profits off of every healthcare procedure in America.

The ACA has a limit of 20% of what they bring in is spent on "administrative costs", the other 80% goes towards the actual health costs.
What other industry has such limits placed on it? None!

Quote:
Single payer is the only solution and the Republicans blocked it.

No it isn't, and it won't work in the US. CO tried to pass "single payer" in the 2016 election, Hillay won the state but the SP law was defeated by just over 60% of the voting population. It is a non-starter here in the US, we should really be moving towards a more free market system. Take laser eye surgry, it used to cost thousands and thousands of dollars. As the tech has improved and there is little govt regulation, it now costs under $2,000 to have both eyes done, vs 10,000 just 15 20 years ago.

Quote:
I have a friend who has stage four colon cancer he has been undergoing treatment for nine months. I asked about his medical bills and he has not had a bill. He is on Railroad retirement a modified Medicare insurance. If you ever get that type of cancer on your greed based 80% co insurance plan you will have lost everything you own. His care is already cost over a half a million. That means your share would be $100,000 and that is just for starters. Medical bankruptcy for people who have greed-based health insurance is the biggest reason for bankruptcy in America today. If you are going to go bankrupt when you get sick why buy greed-based health insurance in the first place?

Our medical health insurance system is already over regulated it no more resides within the lines of the free market and is govt regulated.
I'm sorry for your friend, although your attempt at emotional pushing isn't going to work. Unless you and everyone you know is willing to pay a 60% income tax, your version of health insurance is going to remain a pipe dream, I'm not willing to pay 60% income tax.

Quote:
America will continue to lose manufacturing jobs until we have single payer health insurance. Toyota was offered $500,000 to build their last plant in America but they built in Canada because they had national health insurance.

The only reason the US was loosing manufacturing jobs had everything to do with unions and govt regulation and nothing to do with health insurance.

0 Replies