ok, who farted?

chai2

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 01:58 pm
damn.
I was sitting here, working away, when someone walked in my office to ask a question. As she sat at the edge of my desk, this horrific ordor wafted over.

We both pretened it didn't happen.

Actually, I think maybe I pretended, she didn't seem to care, making no rush to get out of the room.

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 02:26 pm
Not me . . . i suspect it was one of the dogs . . .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 02:27 pm
@chai2,
the Amih chose today (80 degrees) to spread cow manure over their fields. Its a once a year cocktail of earthy straw and rotting cow feces. Each year I keep asking why we live in the country and I keep getting the same answer "Its for the other363 days that they dont spread manure"
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 02:31 pm
@farmerman,
I drive past a dairy farm, going to work. With a bad wind it can be pretty tough. For some reason, skunks always pick that part of the road on which to be run over. Fortunately, it's not one of your bigger dairies.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 02:45 pm
This could turn out to be a very popular thread.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 03:12 pm
So what's the big deal?
It's a normal body function. She's not acknowledging it as anything different.
Your choice of how you want to react to it.
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 03:40 pm
Having just had my gall bladder removed last Wednesday, I feel I can speak to the farting issue with some authority. Farting was a competative sport in my family, so growing up I thought it quite natural and possibly worthy of Olympic inclusion. I come from a long line of Irish farters. Although I realize many might think it juvenile, I firmly hold to the theory that it is impossible to laugh too much at a fart. All this, mind you, comes from a retired children's librarian and dignified leader of services at the Unitarian Church. So you see, my friends, first smeller is the feller.
chai2

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 04:15 pm
Oh hey guys, don't get me wrong, I LOVE to fart.

I just cut one this very second.

Why did this person not download their noxious gas before she invaded my turf?
THAT's the question.

She had to of known she was fixin' to cut one, the question she asked wasn't important enough to rush in holding her cheeks together. She could of stunk up her own territory.

This, means war.
mags314772

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 04:25 pm
@chai2,
OH....war. That changes everything. Get on an elevator, blast a real stinker, and walk off just as she gets on. Or.....let me think about this.....
chai2

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 04:26 pm
@mags314772,
I'll be waiting with bated farts mags
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 04:45 pm
chai2 said
Quote:
ok, who farted?

Fox smells his own scent first.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 04:48 pm
Oh . . . wait . . . you are saying she held her fart and then let it go in your space?

Beyond passive agressive.

Pick your teeth in her presence.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 05:12 pm
This thread is like a miracle to me, who has a poor, very poor, sense of smell.
I've never smelled a fart. I think I didn't like it when I went into the women's bathroom at the Tijuana bullring in the mid sixties (El Cordobes the matador) with girlfriends, but not as much as my friends hated it. I was a so called script girl (a ploy to keep me out of the convent) on my father's industrial film for Armour that pulled me into stockyard after stockyard and I smelled.. nada.

I smell stuff once in a while. Have been tested for it, have smelled maybe ten things out of 150, but poor at identifying with confidence. Alternately, I didn't have any kind of practice sessions, ever. As in, who knew.
I don't happen to be able to smell gas.

Picture me as a garden designer. Well, I wasn't bad, as I can read what people like or hate and hear what makes sense together - and had other virtues. But, let's say it was a flaw.

The good news is that I can smell a general wonderfulness in some italian delis.

So, the world of fart jokes is like a space movie to me.

mags314772

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 05:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Don't forget that farts are not merely olfactory, but auditory as well. There are the silent but deadly variety, of course, but a really fine fart should also shake just a hint of plaster dust down from the ceiling. Volume counts.
mags314772

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 05:27 pm
@chai2,
Frankly chai...you probably should have made a big stink about it...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 05:30 pm
The reason farts smell is so that deaf people can enjoy them too.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 05:30 pm
@mags314772,
I have sympathy for the noisers.

Which brings up, Noises Off - was that a play?
farmerman

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 05:46 pm
@ossobuco,
how can you enjoy Italian food with no sense of smell osso? There are so many subtle variations that underlie the garlic and wine and heat.
I like the use of lemon zest in a clams and white sauce. The white sauce has a couple of secret ingredients that add complexity. Lemon zest and dry sherry.
mags314772

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 05:49 pm
@ossobuco,
yes, it was a play
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 06:00 pm
oohh!!

a thread after my own heart..