ok, who farted?

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 06:15 pm
@farmerman,
Well, I can and do. I probably have some vestigial sense of smell as it crops up sometimes, though not re gas as in ovens or gas as in farts, and I was the one that got to work with (was it? 2 mercapto ethanol, with the hood). Part of why I'm ital food and other spicy food enamored is because of this lack of my own, but also that I can just about smell some of it, happy deliness. Maybe I have naturally prevalent deli antennae.

I challenge the generality that taste and smell are inextricably related. My taste buds are pretty good - re some other folks I have known. I can be a high appreciator and a fine deprecator, and food writers have concurred.

I do taste food. I'm not good at describing what nuances are present in different wines, though some of that could be about my non practice in identifying, and similarly, will punt re high end foodism.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 06:25 pm
@mags314772,
Noises Off -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noises_Off
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 08:39 pm
@chai2,
Chai, you should experience a crowded classroom, after lunch, to see what havoc one fart can cause for the many!
Unfortunately, quite quite a number of students are absolutely delighted not to ignore it! Neutral
chai2

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 06:40 am
@msolga,
In my day msolga, we students kept our bodily functions to ourselves, and offered the pain up to Jesus.
Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 06:45 am
@mags314772,
mags314772 wrote:
. . . I firmly hold to the theory that it is impossible to laugh too much at a fart.

A thoroughly sound point of view.

Quote:
So you see, my friends, first smeller is the feller.

Or, as we used to say, he who smelt it, dealt it.
Reyn

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 07:45 am
@shewolfnm,
Laughing Yes, a thread after my own heart! Wink
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 09:31 am
@msolga,
That reminds me of the joke where little Tommy ripped a bad one in class and
the teacher sent him out the room. Tommy laughed and laughed! The teacher asked what was so funny and little Tommy replied: "I am going out into the
fresh air and you all have to sit in this stinking room!"
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 09:48 am
@chai2,
except for the boys, whose main amusement was to confound the nuns during Mass or confession, trying to find the source of the echoing fart, the location of the smell, or the groups of shoulders shaking with laughter.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 09:59 am
It never ceases to amaze me how, 157 years later, so many people seem to be ignorant of Mulcahy's Law: When two persons are in an enclosed space and one of the persons rips serious ass, both persons are aware of which of the persons ripped said ass.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 10:45 am
Glad to see the thread moving up on the Featured Topics List.

Two horseflies on a pile of manure. One farts. The other says: "Please, I'm eating!"
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 11:24 am
http://images.onlinelabels.com/Images/Predesign/00000001/59/Danger---No-Smoking---No-Open-Flames.png
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 11:23 pm
.........................................................http://www.turkoyun.com/swf_games/img/b/fart_button.jpg
0 Replies

merzing

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 02:49 pm
@Setanta,
At one point in my life I had toxic, silent, farts. They'd peel paint. I worked in a newspaper and my job entailed quite a bit of walking around, thus I became as invisible as the postman who committed the murder. I would sidle up to a group discussing what to do with a particular story, drop a beaut and be 10 feet away before they noticed and started blaming each other. Much fun.
mags314772

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 04:09 pm
@merzing,
why did they stop?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 04:41 pm
the best fart bomb ever.....

closed elevator.. and you KNOW it was one of those really horrid smelling ones. Burn the nose hair kind of fart..

just before you hit the 3rd floor , let it rip.., then just as you are about to land on the bottom floor hit ALL the buttons for every floor possible... walk right out into a morning crowd rushing past you to boar it and smile. Smile
Mame

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 04:42 pm
@shewolfnm,
What the hell does this mean? "crowd rushing past you to boar it"
chai2

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 05:00 pm
@Mame,
board
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 05:07 pm
bored woman

board

bored board who cares

they are trying to get IN ..

bah
its not funny NOW.. Neutral
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 05:08 pm
@merzing,
When otis was at the end of kittenhood, his little digesstive tract hadn't caught up with the rest of him.

Toxic, toxic cat farts. We worried it was permanent, but it went away.

I know I told this one here, but it's worth another tell. Once during this toxic fart time I was bent over playing with otis, dangling him upside down by the hips, his front paws hanging maybe a foot from the floor. For for particular reason, I thought to use this time to check out his asshole. I looked at it shining up at me, and I saw it suddenly open for a second.

"OH NO! HE JUST CUT ONE!"

He must have put quite a bit of push into it, because before I could jerk my head back, the motherload blasted directly into both my nostrils.

God.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 05:18 pm
Quote:
walk right out into a morning crowd rushing past you to boar it and smile.

walk right out into a morning crowd rushing past you who have to bear it and smile

This is an ESL thread isnt it?
0 Replies