H2O MAN

Mon 11 Apr, 2011 11:21 am
Obama and his democrats are hell bent on raising taxes on the rich and the
ignorant dumbmasses can be heard chanting "TAX THE RICH!, TAX THE EVIL RICH!".

What these ignorant democrat dumbmasses don't understand is that Obama
counts everyone with a job as a rich person that needs to pay higher taxes...

Wake up before it's too late.

OmSigDAVID

Mon 11 Apr, 2011 12:27 pm

Tax the POOR!

Thay do not pay their fair share
relative to the government services that thay receive.
djjd62

Mon 11 Apr, 2011 12:31 pm
tax everyone, set a reasonable rate and everyone and every corporation pays, no tax dodges
H2O MAN

Mon 11 Apr, 2011 12:34 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

tax everyone, set a reasonable rate and everyone and every corporation pays, no tax dodges

Agreed.

Pass and implement The FairTax Plan.

This would deliver the real change we've been hoping for.
OmSigDAVID

Mon 11 Apr, 2011 12:38 pm

Government shoud be financed ONLY
from sales taxes (at the same rate for everyone)
and from importation tariffs.

The 16th Amendment does NOT authorize discrimination.

David
0 Replies

Fido

Mon 11 Apr, 2011 12:48 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Tax the POOR!

Just two things old sport: If you expect to change the mind of a dumass, even if he be a veritable dumass, it may not be the best approach to call said dumass a dumass... If you think you know the truth, then time will judge you wise.. For the most part, people are about equal measure knowledgeable about something and ignorant about everything else... Rather than calling them dumasses, show them their errors because one must truly be a dumass to persist in error when error is obvious...

Now, and second: What a person contributes relative to the government services received has nothing what ever to do with the situation... This government was founded without income tax, but as a commonwealth, those with the largest share of that wealth paid more and should... The force of competion, and the increase in technology ever throws more people on the street to become beggers, or losers, or consumers of government services... What will you tax them out of??? Can you by taxation make them less needy or more needed???As citizens of the commonwealth we all have a right to support from the land whether it all or but a portion be put in private hands... The government has made a choice to allow technology to make workers disposable, but it cannot with a choice make their needs go away... Workers require more income to support than the poor, and if workers stand in the way of progress and the choice is made to put them on the street, then so be it; but they still have a right to a share of the commonwealth... Tiberius Grachus saw the Roman citizens driven from their land by competion with slaves... He was correct in his conclusions that the birds of the air and the beasts of the field had their shelter, but that Roman citizens had none... He was correct that leaders asked them to fight for the graves of their ancestors when those graves were already under the plows guided by slaves... What sheep did in England and Ireland, and slaves did in Rome, driving citizens from their land and into poverty, machines and technology have done here... What have we to fight for but the very land that gives us nothing, and that even the rich will not be taxed to support and defend... They got it cheap, and care nothing for it... We have many times over bought this land with our blood and what have we to show for it???
0 Replies

Fido

Mon 11 Apr, 2011 01:00 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

Nonsense... Only the rich have money or wealth, and the poor are absolutly right in demanding the support of the commonwealth as their entitlement... This is our country... It belongs to each and every one of us... If the whole were put into private hands tomorrow it would still have to feed every mouth... Why was the commonwealth put into private hands to begin with??? It was just as with the closing of the commons in Europe, where it was thought the rich would make better and more efficient use of it... No matter where it is, and no matter who holds a title to it; from our earlies court rulings the Federal government claims title to all, and so stands behind every private title; but does not do so for free... When a person buys property, they must still pay for the right through taxation... I do not blame the rich for wanting the country free and clear without obligation... We all want a lot of things; but those people who must give their lives in defense of rights they may never enjoy may need something other from the government for their trouble...

Those who demand a fair tax never consider the fairness of having the rich fight or even work for their property as everyone else must... They want the poor to defend it, and then pay for that defense while they enjoy their wealth free and clear...If the rich will not pay for justice, and will not pay for defense then they better consider defending their property and wealth from the population on their own because that is what it is coming to...The ideology says that wealth in private hands serves the people... Let one of them prove it...
0 Replies

Fido

Mon 11 Apr, 2011 01:02 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

djjd62 wrote:

Agreed.

Pass and implement The FairTax Plan.

This would deliver the real change we've been hoping for.
That is right... Tax them just enough to put themselves in prison for not paying taxes with money they do not have... That will be your change...
H2O MAN

Mon 11 Apr, 2011 04:20 pm
@Fido,
The FairTax Plan would not have that happen, but Obama's
plan will have IRS agents in your home and up your ass.
Fido

Tue 12 Apr, 2011 06:06 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

The FairTax Plan would not have that happen, but Obama's
plan will have IRS agents in your home and up your ass.
They are already in my home, all my business, and if not up my ass, at least smelling like ****... What ever else the tea baggers have in they little heds, they at least realize that taxes are laid unfairly on this nation, and though their solutions are hare brained, and unlikely to be accepted, still, to desire change is to make revolution... They are not ever going to get blood from a stone... They are going to try, but they will find that they are burdened with taxation because the rich will not pay and the poor cannot pay; and unless they can offer justice to all they will represent only their own frustrations without curing them in the least...
H2O MAN

Tue 12 Apr, 2011 07:20 am
@Fido,
Fido, go fetch yourself.
Gargamel

Tue 12 Apr, 2011 10:01 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Tax the POOR!

Because they can't, which is why they require services in the first place, you young, pacifist, genius.
0 Replies

Miller

Tue 12 Apr, 2011 10:37 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Obama
counts everyone with a job as a rich person that needs to pay higher taxes...

Prove it...
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Tue 12 Apr, 2011 11:56 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
Fido, go fetch yourself.
and then, throw yourself away
Fido

Tue 12 Apr, 2011 12:00 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:
Fido, go fetch yourself.
I have caught my tail a few times, but only to cast my pearls at swine... How do you like "em???
OmSigDAVID

Tue 12 Apr, 2011 12:02 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:
Fido, go fetch yourself.
I have caught my tail a few times, but only to cast my pearls at swine... How do you like "em???
Thay r not good enuf for swine.
Fido

Tue 12 Apr, 2011 12:05 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Fido wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:
Fido, go fetch yourself.
If you don't like them just put your complaint in writing...
OmSigDAVID

Tue 12 Apr, 2011 12:09 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Fido wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:
Fido, go fetch yourself.
I DID that.
Fido

Tue 12 Apr, 2011 12:47 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Fido wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Fido wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:
Fido, go fetch yourself.
I DID that.
Saying you do not like something is not a complaint.... You should try some specifics because to make some statement of like or dislike only reveals something of yourself, which too many of your poost actually do...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 13 Apr, 2011 09:18 am
Fido is not house trained... sorry for the mess, lets rub his nose in it.

Back to the subject of taxing the rich.

Tax The Rich? Good Luck With That!

By WALTER WILLIAMS

I've often said that I wish there were some humane way to get rid of the rich. If you asked why, I'd answer that getting rid of the rich would save us from distraction by leftist hustlers promoting the politics of envy.

Not having the rich to fret over might enable us to better focus our energies on what's in the best interest of the 99.99% of the rest of us. Let's look at some facts about the rich laid out by Bill Whittle citing statistics on his RealClearPolitics video "Eat the Rich."

This year, Congress will spend $3.7 trillion dollars. That turns out to be about $10 billion per day. Can we prey upon the rich to cough up the money?

According to IRS statistics, roughly 2% of U.S. households have an income of $250,000 and above. By the way, $250,000 per year hardly qualifies one as being rich. It's not even yacht and Learjet money.

All told, households earning $250,000 and above account for 25%, or $1.97 trillion, of the nearly $8 trillion of total household income. If Congress imposed a 100% tax, taking all earnings above $250,000 per year, it would yield the princely sum of $1.4 trillion. That would keep the government running for 141 days, but there's a problem because there are 224 more days left in the year.

How about corporate profits to fill the gap? Fortune 500 companies earn nearly $400 billion in profits. Since leftists think profits are little less than theft and greed, Congress might confiscate these ill-gotten gains so that they can be returned to their rightful owners.

Taking corporate profits would keep the government running for another 40 days, but that along with confiscating all income above $250,000 would only get us to the end of June. Congress must search elsewhere.

According to the Forbes 400, America has 400 billionaires with a combined net worth of $1.3 trillion. Congress could confiscate their stocks and bonds, and force them to sell their businesses, yachts, airplanes, mansions and jewelry. The problem is that after fleecing the rich of their income and net worth, and the Fortune 500 corporations of their profits, it would only get us to mid-August.

The fact of the matter is there are not enough rich people to come anywhere close to satisfying Congress' voracious spending appetite. They're going to have to go after the non-rich.

But let's stick with the rich and ask a few questions. Politicians, news media people and leftists in general entertain what economists call a zero-elasticity view of the world. That's just fancy economic jargon for a view that government can impose a tax and people will behave after the tax just as they behaved before the tax, and the only change is more government revenue.