Hospice vs Palliative care

Rockhead

Sat 30 Apr, 2011 09:21 am
@dyslexia,
I spoke to auntie molotov a while last night, cuz you had crashed early...

she sounded very relieved about yesterday's events.

she's my favorite nun, ya know...
0 Replies

dlowan

Sat 30 Apr, 2011 09:58 am
@dyslexia,
I did.

And you can have a bunch too.

Less bloody pain will be great for you and Dianne.

0 Replies

dyslexia

Sat 30 Apr, 2011 12:21 pm
pretty amazing, the intake team was here yesterday and the medical team will be here monday morning and just an hour ago a visiting nurse showed up at the door and spent 45 mins with me just going over basic services including changes in meds that will take effect on monday when the medical team comes. I have had medical attention 4 days in a row and then will again on monday. I'm overloaded with attention and they are coming to see me. neato frieto.
Eva

Sat 30 Apr, 2011 12:38 pm
@dyslexia,
Good deal! Are you able to go outside and enjoy the garden today? If I were there, I'd fix you a tall glass of iced tea with fresh mint, and we'd sit on the patio and listen to the birds.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Sat 30 Apr, 2011 01:10 pm
@dyslexia,
That's great, dys! I also hope you're enjoying your garden now, as we do here...watching the little hummingbirds flying around Lilly dog and keeping her occupied. I think they must have a nest nearby....

Imagine that we all are sitting on your patio, sipping Eva's minty iced tea
and chatting away about the good old days.......georgeob1 will get a muzzle so he can't talk politics Wink
dyslexia

Sat 30 Apr, 2011 01:28 pm
@CalamityJane,
our first hummer for the season showed up today. all the feeders are out, cleaned and filled. it's a good day.
bob
Thomas

Sat 30 Apr, 2011 02:12 pm
@dyslexia,
Glad to hear it!
0 Replies

littlek

Sat 30 Apr, 2011 05:42 pm
@dyslexia,
Lovely!
0 Replies

msolga

Sun 1 May, 2011 12:38 am
@dyslexia,
Sounds like an excellent service, dys.
Very good to hear.

My best wishes to you & Diane.
I'm hoping things will now be much more manageable on the home-front.
0 Replies

High Seas

Sun 1 May, 2011 06:45 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

.....it's a good day.
bob

Not a moment too soon! I'm in NY now, going to EU next week for several days; would love to take up your and Diane's kind invitation at some point after the end of May (happy Mayday btw) and will be in touch by phone when I'm back. Here's hoping this and every day from now on is a good day for you both Smile
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Sun 1 May, 2011 07:47 am
@dyslexia,
dys- Of course she wanted to stay with you. Yes, you are sad, but isn't it wonderful to know that she is there for you, in good times and not so good times?
I know that she will be much happier staying with you, than being away, where she couldn't keep an eye on you.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Sun 1 May, 2011 09:26 am
I agree with Phoenix!
Dys, you and Diane have a great love story together, it may be shorter than what you both had anticipated, but you've experienced more in a short while than others who have been married for 50+ years. It's always the quality and not the quantity of life that makes it desirable.

For the remaining time you both have together (and I do hope it will be much much longer than you anticipate), live every day as if it would be the last one!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Sun 1 May, 2011 10:07 am
It's really very eerie if you think about it (probably best not to think about it) but I have beside my chair a packet of documents, signed, dated and initialed, that exempt me from common medical protocols. I can have any drugs I want (free) by simply picking up the phone and they will be delivered nearly instantly without a prescription, any amount, any dosage along with supportive services (can we bring you a shower chair?) etc all the documents are government approved including the State of New Mexico "Do Not Resuscitate" I'm special. I call this packet the "Not Dead Yet" packet. Most people (staff) are very nice to me. I can phone them 24/7 and someone will respond. It's very eerie. I Started taking the morphine last night, they are bringing me more morphine (and anything else I ask for) tomorrow morning. I feel quite elitist.
dyslexia

Sun 1 May, 2011 10:20 am
@dyslexia,
I got up at 6:30 a.m. this morning to let out Sally dog and just sat by the door listening to the 1,762,432 birds singing in the garden and playing in the water fountain then I made tea. The flowers are very pretty this spring. People haven't changed very much; ****-heads are still ****-heads and the others are still as compassionate as they ever were, no change there.
Thomas

Sun 1 May, 2011 01:49 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
I Started taking the morphine last night, they are bringing me more morphine (and anything else I ask for) tomorrow morning. I feel quite elitist.

The sixties all over again!
0 Replies

dlowan

Sun 1 May, 2011 02:08 pm
@dyslexia,
Are you pain free?
0 Replies

dlowan

Sun 1 May, 2011 02:10 pm
@dyslexia,
Are you talking about that weird feeling you get when something momentous is happening for you, or someone you love, and the whole world has shifted, and everyone else's life just goes on?

0 Replies

Lash

Sun 1 May, 2011 03:45 pm
Jealous of your songbirds and hummers. I have monstrous gulls and crows...I mean like a marauding pack of rabid, flying dachshunds... making horrible noise, fighting really aggressive squirrels for weirdly shaped acorns that pelt our tiny terrace from an overgrown tree sprouted from the concrete below.

They have black squirrels in California.

Hope you can share some hummer pics. Seems like your garden is so peaceful and pleasant.
roger

Sun 1 May, 2011 05:10 pm
@Lash,
Thanks Lash. I won't sleep tonight for thinking about flying dachshunds.
High Seas

Sun 1 May, 2011 06:05 pm
@roger,
Our falconers - and their amazing falcons who had been patrolling airport perimeters - got fired for reasons of economy. Replaced by people with guns....
http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/P1-BA435_Birds_D_20110428200854.jpg
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704071704576277213052018084.html
It's horrible - bleeding birds fall at your feet in terrible agony and look at you pitifully. The falcons were doing a great job keeping those geese and seagulls and so on beyond the ends of the runways - and I cannot believe armed humans can possibly do a better job, let alone do it cheaper. Bring back the birds!