@Roberta,
Yep....makes poifect sense to me

So glad you have an appetite dys

Butter good

Crabs good
0 Replies

dyslexia

Sun 22 May, 2011 08:10 pm
kinda weird, maybe not; past few weeks I've been waking around 4 a.m., hearing the birds just before daybreak but just laying still in my bed; fantasizing, not in any disoriented/psychotic way but more along the lines of
'back in 73 I might have made a different decision about ~~~~~~~ and how would my life be different today.~~~~~~' this phenomena is not any form of regret, it's a simple curiosity however I can't remember any time during my life when I experienced any curiosity similar. I've always taken the "it is what it is" perspective re my life history and NO I don't believe in any form of karma.
Joe Nation

Mon 23 May, 2011 04:29 am
@dyslexia,
You could write about that -wondering about back in '73 - but then the estate of Robert Frost would sue you, especially if you put something in there about yellow woods.
What's the first bird you hear?

Joe(total silence out my window this AM)Nation
dyslexia

Mon 23 May, 2011 09:03 am
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
What's the first bird you hear?

http://home.comcast.net/~sgosser/AmerGoldFinch.jpg
Joe Nation

Mon 23 May, 2011 10:26 am
@dyslexia,
Lovely looking bird.
I've spent a lot a time outside but the number of birds I can identify by their song can be counted on one hand and a nosetip.

Yellow birds are a special mystery, how do they keep from being eaten by any passing hawk or falcon?
Joe(Talk about your lack of camo.)Nation
0 Replies

dyslexia

Mon 23 May, 2011 06:36 pm
feeling very good yesterday and today, hoping it's my body adjusting to all the new meds I'm taking plus improved appetite.
dlowan

Mon 23 May, 2011 06:49 pm
@dyslexia,
If food be the music of life, eat on.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Tue 24 May, 2011 09:59 am
phone call this morning (Spiritual adviser-same one who called a few weeks ago) plans on coming to see me tomorrow. Curious I am, pretty long delay from original appointment. Perhaps my reputation precedes me.
ehBeth

Tue 24 May, 2011 10:34 am
@dyslexia,
Girding their loins in preparation.

They have no idea.

I recommend tickling.
dyslexia

Tue 24 May, 2011 10:37 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

phone call this morning (Spiritual adviser-same one who called a few weeks ago) plans on coming to see me tomorrow. Curious I am, pretty long delay from original appointment. Perhaps my reputation precedes me.
I'm thinking (as a Hospice patient) if I felt "spiritual adviser needed" and several weeks passed from initial contact to follow-up, I'd be feeling dejected and probably pretty angry right now but everyone knows I'm a cranky bully anyway. Anyway I shall welcome politely whomever actually shows up whenever.
dyslexia

Tue 24 May, 2011 10:38 am
@ehBeth,
good thinking.
Ragman

Tue 24 May, 2011 10:53 am
@dyslexia,
Maybe the spiritual advisor had to wait for that rapture thingy to clear up. After all, they had to CYA just in case it was their checking-out time.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Tue 24 May, 2011 10:54 am
@dyslexia,
Hospice nurse is coming tomorrow, I'm really hoping she has some information re the "experimental in-home hospice physical therapy project" want to know if I'm going to be included and what it is/prognosis, else wise (no information) I'll probably be depressed. (dashed hopes).
ehBeth

Tue 24 May, 2011 11:02 am
@dyslexia,
Do you have a sense that the p.t. project would/could/should have an impact on prognosis?
dyslexia

Tue 24 May, 2011 11:10 am
@ehBeth,
re mobility-yes
re base prognosis-no
Ragman

Tue 24 May, 2011 11:27 am
@dyslexia,
Just wanted to say...all kidding aside..I'm wishing you the best. You're providing a clearer understanding to others like myself about how hospice can help.
0 Replies

Eva

Tue 24 May, 2011 01:07 pm
@dyslexia,
Sounds like tomorrow will be a very interesting day at Casa de Dys.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:44 pm
Observing myself, it's very bizarre noting the emotional roller-coaster ride. One moment I don't think I'll live out the hour but an hour later I feel like I've got many years to go. I'm wondering if the varying drug levels effect the mood swings. I also notice varying cognitive skills.
Eva

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:51 pm
@dyslexia,
I would suspect the same thing, that varying drug levels are causing this. I've noticed some medications have produced similar effects in me, and have even caused different effects depending on whether I'm hungry or just ate a meal.
0 Replies

JPB

Tue 24 May, 2011 05:56 pm
@dyslexia,
How much time have you spent observing yourself until now? Hell... if I gave it some thought I think I'd have those exact same swings. Maybe you're thinking too much.

<smooch>