21
   

am I this naive?

 
 
Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 10:15 pm
So I'm watching some telly show Lady Diane turned on, some cop and robber thing and anyway, there's a dead young lady and the cops are investigating, interviewing the girls mother and one of the cops look at a photo of the dead girl and says "she's pretty, she must have had a boyfriend."
My jaw kinda dropped, does "she's pretty" really equate to "she must have a boyfriend? I've had more than a few girl friends in my life but not one was based on "she's pretty" (not that "pretty" is a negative) but really I never had a girl friend "because she was pretty" there were in all cases factors more important than "she's pretty" that enticed me to be their boyfriend.
 
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 10:35 pm
@dyslexia,
Yes, pretty females get a lot more interest from the guys and are thus more likely to have a boyfriend, or several...Guys are visual, are you not aware? Talk all you want about inner beauty, or qualities other than beauty, beauty is hugely important for females. Look at the spending on beauty products and tit jobs if you are not convinced.
0 Replies
 
plainoldme
 
  0  
Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 11:03 pm
I've heard several theories that plain or homely girls are more likely to attract male attention. One theory suggested that good looking women may be overwhelming to some men. The she's-too-good-for-me thing kicks in and boys find themselves lacking the courage to approach a pretty woman. Another says that some men try the round-about approach. If two women show up an event together,the less attractive one may receive more attention. Finally, just as some women worry that a handsome may be shallow or egotistical, some men worry that pretty women are shallow or egotistical.

Although I wrote "finally," I also might add that once upon a time, women were encouraged to do things they enjoyed because then they would meet men who enjoyed those things, in other words, men they had a starting point with. I would guess that more relationships begin at work or through churches or hobbies than in bars where beauty could trump hiking or singing or religious faith.
hawkeye10
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 11:22 pm
@plainoldme,
Quote:
The she's-too-good-for-me thing kicks in and boys find themselves lacking the courage to approach a pretty woman.
The great looking ones tend to be bitches, but hope springs eternal...it is the women with power and money that guys dont want to have anything to do with, and for good reason. Women who dont need a man often have little use for a man, and little tolerance for putting up with a man. They often are also very busy accumulating power and money. They make for poor mates.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 04:27 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
So I'm watching some telly show Lady Diane turned on, some cop and robber thing and anyway, there's a dead young lady and the cops are investigating, interviewing the girls mother and one of the cops look at a photo of the dead girl and says "she's pretty, she must have had a boyfriend."
My jaw kinda dropped, does "she's pretty" really equate to "she must have a boyfriend? I've had more than a few girl friends in my life but not one was based on "she's pretty" (not that "pretty" is a negative) but really I never had a girl friend "because she was pretty" there were in all cases factors more important than "she's pretty" that enticed me to be their boyfriend.
In my life, their beauty was always the first criterion.
One chick of my acquaintance, Maralyn, said to me:
" u always go for the prettiest girls."
Upon reflection upon her assertion, I had to admit
that it was true; reflexive. Anything else came after that.
For SURE, that was true qua Joyce and Ivy, who were shockingly beautiful.

It was also true of Maralyn herself, when she was slender in the early 1970s.





David
0 Replies
 
djjd62
 
  2  
Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 05:17 am
@dyslexia,
it's a commonly held belief i'm sure, but i always went for the more interesting girl over looks, and the one exception was a pleasant but short lived affair
0 Replies
 
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 07:12 am
Well, just - a look at that girl with the lights comin' up in her eyes.
She's got to be somebody's baby.
She must be somebody's baby.
All the guys on the corner stand back and let her walk on by.
She's got to be somebody's baby.
She must be somebody's baby.
She's got to be somebody's baby.
She's so fine.
She's probably somebody's only light.
Gonna shine tonight.
Yeah, she's probably somebody's baby, all right.
I heard her talkin' with her friend when she thought nobody else was around.
She said she's got to be somebody's baby; she must be somebody's baby.
'Cause when the cars and the signs and the street lights light up the town,
She's got to be somebody's baby;
She must be somebody's baby;
She's got to be somebody's baby.
She's so....
She's gonna be somebody's only light.
Gonna shine tonight.
Yeah, she's gonna be somebody's baby tonight.
I try to shut eyes, but I can't get here outta my sight.
I know I'm gonna know her, but I gotta get over my fright.
We'll, I'm just gonna walk up to her.
I'm gonna talk to her tonight.
Yeah, she's gonna be somebody's only light.
Gonna shine tonight.
Yeah, she's gonna be somebody's baby tonight.
Gonna shine tonight, make her mine tonight.

OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 08:17 am
@chai2,
OF COURSE: her mom's baby.
0 Replies
 
plainoldme
 
  2  
Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 08:32 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The great looking ones tend to be bitches,


What is with you? There are plenty of sweet-tempered beauties. Why the stereotype?

Quote:
Women who dont need a man often have little use for a man, and little tolerance for putting up with a man. They often are also very busy accumulating power and money. They make for poor mates.


Another stereotype from a man who often pours his heart out here about his unsatisfactory marriage.
hawkeye10
 
  0  
Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 12:25 pm
@plainoldme,
Quote:
What is with you? There are plenty of sweet-tempered beauties
If you mean plenty in that good looking women are worth the trouble to try to bed and mate with then I agree with you. The bitch/sweet ratio gets worse the more pretty the women get, but so is the reward for finding a good one...hope springs eternal, guys will always make a pass at the gorgeous. Perhaps though you were talking about beta guys? Sure, many of them will not try for the good looking.

But the good looking who have power and or money who make it clear that they dont need a man...they dont get interest from guys because they are often lousy in bed, they make horrible mates, and then tend not to be fun to hang with. Guys steer clear of them, not because they are intimidated, but because guys can do better....
0 Replies
 
Joe Nation
 
  4  
Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 01:56 pm
Quote:
The great looking ones tend to be bitches,


I love love love guys who think this is true, because they, as the song says above, let her walk on by.........into my arms and onto my waterbed. (hippie [very happy] days!)
Many many mucho times I would meet a stunner who, despite really working on looking good and being smart, seemed to find herself home alone on Saturday night.
"Hello, my name is Joe."... seemed to be enough to get things going.

So, to answer dys' question: The cop is naive if he thinks the pretty ones all have boyfriends. It depends on whether or not the neighborhood is populated with 'standbacks"

Joe(your place or mine)Nation
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 02:16 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Quote:
The great looking ones tend to be bitches,


I love love love guys who think this is true, because they, as the song says above, let her walk on by.........into my arms and onto my waterbed. (hippie [very happy] days!)
Many many mucho times I would meet a stunner who, despite really working on looking good and being smart, seemed to find herself home alone on Saturday night.
"Hello, my name is Joe."... seemed to be enough to get things going.

So, to answer dys' question: The cop is naive if he thinks the pretty ones all have boyfriends. It depends on whether or not the neighborhood is populated with 'standbacks"

Joe(your place or mine)Nation
Your point is well taken, Joe.





David
0 Replies
 
chai2
 
  3  
Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 02:22 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

I love love love guys who think this is true, because they, as the song says above, let her walk on by.........into my arms and onto my waterbed. (hippie [very happy] days!)
Many many mucho times I would meet a stunner who, despite really working on looking good and being smart, seemed to find herself home alone on Saturday night.
"Hello, my name is Joe."... seemed to be enough to get things going.



I've had/have friends, both male and female who are really good looking. Thinking about it, they all have one thing in common.

None of them care much, if at all, if they look foolish in public, and will jump right in doing something that someone perhaps attractive and stuck up would never think of doing.

I also know people who, on someone's scale, aren't all the attractive if for instance you just took a candid shot of them and showed it to a stranger. But, moving through time and space, they exude sex appeal, animal magnetism, and generally the impression that they are hot stuff. They too will play the fool at the drop of a hat.

I don't pay much attention to people who stand around posing, but act like they've never scratched their ass.

chai(better you place joe, my husbands home)tea
0 Replies
 
Joe Nation
 
  0  
Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 02:30 pm
I don't know why but I think this fits. Tina Fey, yes, that Tina Fey, just revealed in an interview that she was a virgin until she was 24.
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=645198907952&id=039ee54a2610cc19588bdbaf780bea34&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.bergproperties.com%2fblog%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2009%2f05%2ftina-fey-06.jpg

"Couldn't give it away" was her quote to Jimmy Fallon.

And ...... I wasn't from her neighborhood.

Chai: yoday on the aceplay, but we have to eightway until my earlgay endfray leaves for church.

Joe(Stay by your phone)Nation

aidan
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 02:36 pm
I guarantee you she didn't look like that when she was 18-24- she probably didn't condition her hair, wore more conservative clothes and wore glasses instead of contacts.
Jeezus - I just lost a load of respect for Tina Fey (with that picture).
I've always thought she was beautiful (bone structure doesn't lie) and smart and incredibly, incredibly funny.
In fact she's the one woman I'd write a fan letter to.
So why the **** does she have to get herself up like that?
Who's she trying to buy?
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 02:51 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

I don't know why but I think this fits. Tina Fey, yes, that Tina Fey, just revealed in an interview that she was a virgin until she was 24.
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=645198907952&id=039ee54a2610cc19588bdbaf780bea34&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.bergproperties.com%2fblog%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2009%2f05%2ftina-fey-06.jpg

"Couldn't give it away" was her quote to Jimmy Fallon.

And ...... I wasn't from her neighborhood.

Chai: yoday on the aceplay, but we have to eightway until my earlgay endfray leaves for church.

Joe(Stay by your phone)Nation


No wonder u had a social engagement.





David
0 Replies
 
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 03:12 pm
This is for you joe...

http://roflrazzi.wordpress.com/files/2009/06/celebrity-pictures-tina-fey-hindsight-dated.jpg

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/celebrity-pictures-tina-fey-smart-sexy.jpg
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 03:20 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:
I guarantee you she didn't look like that when she was 18-24- she probably didn't condition her hair,
It is my opinion that women overemfasize the importance of hair in beauty.



aidan wrote:
wore more conservative clothes and wore glasses instead of contacts.
For years n decades, I was obsessed with a girl named Joyce,
who wore superbly beautifully, tastefully colored conservative wool suits (jackets n skirts).
She wore glasses; she was my first love, when she made social overtures to me in school at age 13.
Her glasses did not influence me in the least negative way.
When she turned in my direction, the intensity of her beauty
almost shoved me over backward, as if I were standing in
a swift river of beauty, looking upstream.





David



OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 03:21 pm
@chai2,
I 've always found hi intelligence to be very attractive.





David
0 Replies
 
aidan
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 03:41 pm
I had to wear glasses from the age of seven and I saved up my money from my first job to buy contacts when I seventeen and I was SO happy and excited to wear them the first time, because everyone had always told me my eyes were my most striking feature and I figured 'Okay, now everyone can really see my eyes' and I wore them to school and this guy named Chet came up to me and said, 'Why aren't you wearing your glasses?'
And I said, 'I got contacts,' to which he replied, 'that's a shame - you looked better with glasses.'


 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » am I this naive?
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 08/22/2019 at 06:02:04