@dyslexia,
Quote:
more than a few girl friends

Boyfriends?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 09:09 am
@ossobuco,
osso -- Somehow I recognize nothing of every relationship I have had in hawkeye's commentary. Before I met my ex-husband, I had a pants suit that I loved. It consisted of a tunic and pants. The tunic had a U-neck and short sleeves. What he disliked were the two tiny tucks on the sleeves and on the pants. Whenever I wore the outfit, he spoke constantly of the tucks, telling me that the garment was obviously too long and that is how I shortened it. That was preferred to the way he usually handled things of mine he disliked: he broke them.

I have never encountered a man who didn't feel free to comment negatively and loudly on things he disliked. I wore a pink blouse and maroon skirt to meet a man I encountered through an on-line dating service. We agreed to meet a second time. During the second meeting -- he had changed locations in order to meet at a place he frequented with his late wife -- he made a point of telling me that he could not tolerate maroon and that he hated maroon and pink as a combination.
roger

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:36 pm
@plainoldme,
And your cat looks kind of cross eyed. Can you do something about that?
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 02:57 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Jeezus - I just lost a load of respect for Tina Fey (with that picture).
I've always thought she was beautiful (bone structure doesn't lie) and smart and incredibly, incredibly funny.
In fact she's the one woman I'd write a fan letter to.
So why the **** does she have to get herself up like that?
Who's she trying to buy?

I don't think she's buying there. And it's not anything countless other woemen put together like that haven't done. Fey is hilarious and brilliant, her charactor on 30 Rock is adorable; and she's (apparently) sexy too. How is this worse?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 03:01 pm
@thack45,
Agreeing with Thack here. She's having fun trying on the sexy look.
Eva

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 03:07 pm
@plainoldme,
I'm sorry you've had those experiences, POM. Not all men are like that.
littlek

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 03:10 pm
@chai2,
Butbutbut, the boyfriend is always the fist suspect!
thack45

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 03:11 pm
@ossobuco,
I bet anything she prefers a nice pair of sweatpants.
Ragman

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 03:12 pm
@littlek,
Whoa.. she/he is into fisting? Yikers!
ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 03:18 pm
@thack45,
I can't guess, don't even watch tv, but read her recent NYer article on comedy shows. She might be getting a kick out of being considered sexy or, more probably, playing with it, or a combo of both.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 03:25 pm
@Ragman,
Shocked

Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 05:37 pm
@Ragman,
FIRST! FIRST!
chai2

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 06:55 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

FIRST! FIRST!

You want to be first for that?

Be my guest. You can have my turn as well.
shewolfnm

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 07:25 pm
women who are not ugly are bitches?
really?

I must be doing something wrong..
littlek

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 07:41 pm
@chai2,
Alright. Gross x 2. Bubye.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 08:31 pm
@shewolfnm,
Quote:
women who are not ugly are bitches?
Women who are hot physically and who have hot personalities get a lot of attention from men...what ever narcissism is with them naturally gets pandered too and they thus tend to become more bitchy. And they largely get away with it, because a guy will put up with a lot for great sex that comes in a sexy package.
plainoldme

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 09:08 pm
@Eva,
Thanks, eva.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 11:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Women who are hot physically and who have hot personalities get a lot of attention from men...what ever narcissism is with them naturally gets pandered too and they thus tend to become more bitchy. And they largely get away with it, because a guy will put up with a lot for great sex that comes in a sexy package.
So if a man gives attention to one of these women, how is this not his own dumb ass fault?
EDIT-Do you really think that a woman's being "hot" is an indicator of how "great" sex will be?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 12:06 am
@thack45,
Quote:
EDIT-Do you really think that a woman's being "hot" is an indicator of how "great" sex will be?
I think guy brains are wired to believe so, even if the facts are somewhat different. On the other hand great sex mostly comes from the brain, so perception has a way of becoming reality....
aidan

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 04:19 am
@thack45,
Quote:
I don't think she's buying there. And it's not anything countless other woemen put together like that haven't done. Fey is hilarious and brilliant, her charactor on 30 Rock is adorable; and she's (apparently) sexy too. How is this worse?

I overreacted. I'd been to listen to an Irish band and had had a couple of beers when I made that post. That's why I said 'buy' instead of 'sell' although she seemed to be 'selling' something she doesn't usually in an effort to acquire or 'buy' something, so even now, though it 5:00 in the morning here and I haven't even had my tea yet, much less any alcohol, I'm not sure that 'buy' IS the wrong word.

Yeah, I think she is hilarious, brilliant, and adorable too. And if she wants to
join the queue of women who make their money off their looks - that's fine.
Osso may be right - maybe she just wanted to have fun being sexy.
More power to her.
It just struck me as a little bit of a disappointing sell-out for someone like her who is so much more than that.

I think the other thing that was going on in my head was that I had just been looking at my daughter's and niece's facebook pages and there were hundreds/thousands of pictures of all of them with that smug, knowing, come hither look - as if they're like, 'Look at me - look at all I can be' - a hot babe- a lot of them seem to like to stick their tongues out too....it's sort of disappointing.

But yeah - Tina was probably making a joke because she IS so much more than that.

In fact, I just watched two episodes of thirty rock on the plane yesterday and they did a flash back of her raiding her dad's liquor cabinet and she had a curly afro, pimples, braces and glasses and was stealing gin - though not to drink- to use to embalm her bug collection.