am I this naive?

aidan

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 03:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
It is my opinion that women overemfasize the importance of hair in beauty

Really? So you think frizzy hair is just as appealing and attractive as smooth hair?

djjd62

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 03:48 pm
@aidan,
more, love a redhead with frizzy hair
aidan

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 03:50 pm
@djjd62,
Red hair is beautiful. So are freckles. So is curly hair.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 03:56 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
It is my opinion that women overemfasize the importance of hair in beauty
aidan wrote:
Really? So you think frizzy hair is just as appealing and attractive as smooth hair?
No, but the huge amount of female attention to their hair
has been too exagerated by them, to an unreasonable degree.

I have always just combed my hair straight back
and then it never enters my mind.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 04:08 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:
I had to wear glasses from the age of seven and I saved up my money from my first job to buy contacts
when I seventeen and I was SO happy and excited to wear them the first time,
Yes, Joyce told me that she was on a bridge
at the 1964 NY World's Fair, and her glasses fell off the bridge
n were broken, but she was very happy about getting contacts
to replace them.

aidan wrote:
because everyone had always told me my eyes were my most striking feature and I figured
'Okay, now everyone can really see my eyes' and I wore them to school and this guy named Chet
came up to me and said, 'Why aren't you wearing your glasses?'
And I said, 'I got contacts,' to which he replied, 'that's a shame - you looked better with glasses.'
I empathize with that.
Joyce's glasses were part of the beauty, the image,
that I 'd come to love.
Mame

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 05:07 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Hey bubba, she's talking about your date's hair ... lol

I never cared about looks - for me it's all personality and smarts. If he's funny, smart, spontaneous, accepting, kind, (and solvent!!) etc, I'm in, baby! The looks issue is waaaaaaay down at the bottom.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 05:35 pm
@dyslexia,
Dys, the cops are fishing for leads, right? And, calling a parent's child beautiful isn't going to harm your chances of them helping you out with that.
dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 05:38 pm
@littlek,
Yeah, I got that.
littlek

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 05:48 pm
@dyslexia,
So.... they could easily, I guess, drop the "she's pretty" and probably do in the real world. Any cops on A2K?
chai2

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 06:35 pm
@littlek,
Or, they could have left the "pretty" in, which would mean something to the parents, and have left out the boyfriend part.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 06:55 pm
I'm not so sure women are all so different than men on this, though the ones we hear about are - I just don't completely buy it, as I think men can vary on how much star power, as they take it, that they want to spend years with.
I've been crazymad for a couple of guys.... well, besides the ones I did love. One took two days for me to go from wild woman (I still remember his name and it has been near forty years) to who is this idiot. Another took longer, since he was no idiot, au contraire. The good news for guys about that is that he was not quite bald, and that only made him more attractive, focus on the eyes.

Anyway, Dys, I don't think you are naive.

0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 08:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

You can't hold yourself as a standard. Besides, I have heard guys ridicule women for not fixing their hair nicely.
plainoldme

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 08:14 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You're implying that you and she were both 13 in 1964.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 08:26 pm
I remember boyfriend remarking once about my messy hair. Back then it was quite curly (time has passed and wavy is a sign of life). That irritated me since I set my hair in curlers something like three times a week back then to tame it and those were hard to sleep on. He was wrong for me and I for him anyway, but neither of us were alert enough to get fully get that - we somewhat did, but were fond. Good guy. He asked me to marry him a few New Years in a row and then moved on, though we talked since re catching up. He married a nurse in Illinois. I don't know how it worked out, but hoping well.

Geez, this may have been the start of my recalcitrant ways. Hair..
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 01:17 am
@plainoldme,
David wrote:
plainoldme wrote:
You can't hold yourself as a standard.
True.

plainoldme wrote:
Besides, I have heard guys ridicule women for not fixing their hair nicely.
Its unmasculine to do that.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 01:26 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
You're implying that you and she were both 13 in 1964.
That is incorrect.
I did not imply that.
Her point was that she 'd worn her framed glasses
for much longer than that and she was weary of using them.
She was elated at getting contacts after her older ones had broken.

David
0 Replies

oolongteasup

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 01:41 am
@dyslexia,
is it naivete

to contemplate every aspect of beauty

you irresistible spunk dyslexia
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 09:15 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
What do you mean that is "unmasculine" to ridicule women for not fixing their hair nicely? Men always have a lot to say about how women dress, fix their hair or wear or don't wear make-up. Do you ever talk to other men? You said you have had girlfriends. Haven't they complained about the other men who have been in their lives?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 09:44 pm
@plainoldme,
Quote:
What do you mean that is "unmasculine" to ridicule women for not fixing their hair nicely
David is correct if he is saying that masculine men dont ridicule their women. He is wrong if his is saying that masculine men dont make their preferences known and expect their women to mold to them to a certain degree. This of course pisses the feminists off to know end, as they have it that women are in charge of their own self and men should either be supportive or stay quiet, but never direct.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:24 am
@hawkeye10,
So, wait, masculine means not at all gay?