Which Atheism is the One True Atheism?

Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 08:04 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
You know god has set a test for the human race as a whole.

A test? Seriously? If I am being tested on something, shouldn't I be given some proper information first? So I can actually make a proper choice? Especially if what is at stake? Yet the bible is the WORST study guide ever. So if this life is some kind of test, it is being conducted by a complete idiot.

edgarblythe wrote:

If you decide to walk in front of a freight train, he is not going to help you.

Even better. How thoughtful and heartless. If I had the ability to prevent something rather grueling happening I would surely do it. So the fact that I would get involved and your supposed god would not, actually makes me more compassionate than him.

edgarblythe wrote:

He does not force his will upon humans, because humans are free agents, with the need to take care of themselves.

Sure he has forced his will onto humans. If he is expecting people to choose him or suffer for entity THEN it IS a forced will. But the fact that you can't see that only reveals that you have suspended your ability to reason out anything.

edgarblythe wrote:

If natural forces cause an innocent person to suffer or die, it is natural attrition. But, he will take care of his own, with heavenly rewards.

You don't even know what "heavenly rewards" are. For all you know they could be enslavement. You are assuming that they would be for your pleasure or for your enjoyment. But lets consider something here. On one hand if you don't chose god, you go to suffer for eternity, and on the other you get heavenly rewards?

A god that would be willing to create a being only to turn around and punish it for an endless amount of time, reveals how cruel that god would be. So you honestly think that it would give you heavenly rewards? For all you know it's trying to find out who is gullible so it can enslave you without wanting you to revolt, since you have suspended all your reasoning skills, you will blindly follow even if you are enslaved to it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 10:05 am
@Krumple,
Not only a "complete idiot," but a god who doesn't understand his own contradictions.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 11:54 am
@Krumple,
Quote:

You don't even know what "heavenly rewards" are. For all you know they could be enslavement. You are assuming that they would be for your pleasure or for your enjoyment.

How true...
http://api.ning.com/files/k5uGrnuZAzi61JuxCNcbycJv*5vUAEWZ4cVV9drcCEosFnDNpDmlh8*rwFIUWdvOr1pQLUfscPbK6Ae6Hoou*ILHHpCczNRv/72virginsArmedNuns.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 12:19 pm
@firefly,
Where's the 72 virgins?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 12:31 pm
So, the only defense of atheism is to attack Christianity?
firefly

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 01:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't think it's at all necessary to attack Christianity to defend atheism.

Some people simply don't feel compelled, or persuaded, to believe in a supreme being or creator of any type. That shouldn't require a defense of any sort, nor should it necessarily involve an attack on any other religious beliefs.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 01:04 pm
@firefly,
Actually, christianity challenges christianity, but many do not bother to acknowledge the flaws inherent in their belief system, and all the contradictions they live with.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 01:05 pm
@Krumple,
Are you aware that EB is playing a game here?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 01:15 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

That's right. The game of life. Would you rather be filled with holes of despair or the Holy Ghost?
dyslexia

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 01:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Setanta wrote:

That's right. The game of life. Would you rather be filled with holes of despair or the Holy Ghost?
I can cover your dispair with my 666's
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 01:22 pm
Is that a Yahtzee?
BillRM

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 02:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Would you rather be filled with holes of despair or the Holy Ghost?

An adult human being talking about a ghost holy or otherwise as if it was real.

You can understand young children believing is fairy tales but adults!!!!

This kind of silliness had amazed me from the time I was a ten years old and still does.

dyslexia

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 03:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
we talking about rivers in china?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 03:35 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
Would you rather be filled with holes of despair or the Holy Ghost?

An adult human being talking about a ghost holy or otherwise as if it was real.

You can understand young children believing is fairy tales but adults!!!!

This kind of silliness had amazed me from the time I was a ten years old and still does.

Do you have rape fantasies, re the Holy Ghost?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 03:36 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

we talking about rivers in china?

China is dry, unless you put food on it. Preferably chow mein.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 03:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:

That you baby boy that believe in a horny holy ghost.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 03:46 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

That you baby boy that believe in a horny holy ghost.

So you don't have any ideas to defend atheism, only aggressive attacks against religion.
firefly

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 03:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:

So you don't have any ideas to defend atheism, only aggressive attacks against religion.

Atheism has the elegance of simplicity--nothing to memorize or learn, no rituals to remember, no need to read or purchase texts. It's much easier on the cognitively impaired, the less imaginative, and those who resent conformity.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 04:00 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Quote:

Atheism has the elegance of simplicity--nothing to memorize or learn, no rituals to remember, no need to read or purchase texts. It's much easier on the cognitively impaired, the less imaginative, and those who resent conformity.

Mmm hmm. Still waiting.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 04:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:

No need to defend viewing the universe as it is instead of by way of fairly tales that are an insult to the average ten years old child intellect.