Which Atheism is the One True Atheism?

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 04:01 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
So you don't have any ideas to defend atheism, only aggressive attacks against religion.

No need to defend viewing the universe as it is instead of by way of fairly tales that are an insult to the average ten years old child intellect.

As it is? How is it when it is as it is?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 04:18 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Atheism has the elegance of simplicity--nothing to memorize or learn, no rituals to remember, no need to read or purchase texts. It's much easier on the cognitively impaired, the less imaginative, and those who resent conformity.

The bible of atheism is written in the structure of the universe and is far far more lovely then any story told in some pointless religion book.

The image of the newly born universe shown by human created instruments is more awesome then all the myths told in such books as the bible.

You have to have a small and timid mind not to be able to look at the wonderful universe we had been born into without the filter of religion.

And if you wish to worship as an atheist Firefly you do need to purchase texts books but from the science section not the religion section or the new age section.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 04:25 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

The bible of atheism is written in the structure of the universe

Who wrote this bible of atheism?
BillRM

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 04:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:

You mean who created the universe?

Those billions of billions of billions of suns floating in those billions of billions of light years was created by a big daddy in the sky with a son and a holy ghost!!!!!!!

That is your theory and my reply to your question is we do not know even if your question of who created made any kind of sense or not.

We had not as yet read that part of our atheist bible however in the meantime we do not feel the need to make up silly stories over the matter.

Stories that once more is an insult to the average intellect of a ten years old.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 04:37 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

You mean who created the universe?

Those billions of billions of billions of suns floating in those billions of billions of light years was created by a big daddy in the sky with a son and a holy ghost!!!!!!!

That is your theory and my reply to your question is we do not know even if your question of who created made any kind of sense or not.

We had not as yet read that part of our atheist bible however in the meantime we do not feel the need to make up silly stories over the matter.

Stories that once more is an insult to the average intellect of a ten years old.

You just made up a silly story about an atheist's bible, but claim to not have a need to make up silly stories.
BillRM

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 04:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
You just made up a silly story about an atheist's bible, but claim to not have a need to make up silly stories.

You know it would seem that you can never underestimate the intelligent of a bible believer.

Off hand I would bet that you know far less about the universe and the rules it follow then Ben Franklin did.

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 05:13 pm
I accuse EB of havin' too much fun . . .
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 05:19 pm
@BillRM,
Are you purposely being gullible?
BillRM

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 05:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Are you purposely being gullible?

Please clarify that comment.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 05:41 pm
@BillRM,
Sure. edgar has been one of the most vociferous defenders of atheism on this thread. He's playing a game with you.
BillRM

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 05:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Seem a waste as there are one hell of a lot of stupid religion nuts on this website for someone to get off by pretending to be one of them.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:00 pm
Wait. Wait. It's my ball.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:22 pm
@BillRM,
This is what edgar wrote in the "atheist" thread.

Quote:
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

In the first place, I said that an atheist does not need science to become an atheist. Conveniently, you overlooked my statement. Secondly, you want me to accept your religious view without offering one speck of proof. You are the disrespectful one, coming to a thread by and about atheists to spread your propaganda.

If you want to argue this further, how about starting your own thread. I promise to come to tell you how wrong you are about everything.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 06:27 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

And if you wish to worship as an atheist Firefly you do need to purchase texts books but from the science section not the religion section or the new age section.

Are you telling me an atheist worships! Rolling Eyes

And I've got to read science books? Drunk Can that include phrenology? Do I have to buy into that evolution stuff too--take a vow or something?

I'll give up the New Age books, but I'm not sure I can part with the New Age music--I've had a crush on Yanni for years.

BillRM

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 07:39 pm
@firefly,
Sorry Firefly but my time and efforts are worth far more to me then to deal with people Masturbating for their own amusements.

May the Great Cat God of the universe ripped out your guts Firefly and played with them along with EB balls.
firefly

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 10:10 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
May the Great Cat God of the universe ripped out your guts Firefly and played with them along with EB balls.

Awww...scratch an atheist and what do you find? Someone longing for a vengeful God. Shucks, aren't there any true atheists left?
Francis

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 10:24 am
@firefly,
At least one, here...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 10:35 am
@firefly,
true atheism is centered on the pan flute of Zamfir, not some silly new age noise.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 11:51 am
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Quote:

Awww...scratch an atheist and what do you find? Someone longing for a vengeful God. Shucks, aren't there any true atheists left?

Great one, ff.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 11:54 am
Sheesh. Give a person a forum to spout off how they believe and they get angry.