Recommend a country for us to emigrate to?

wim121

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 03:05 pm
Hi all. We would like some advice off expats and those who have visited or lived in certain areas of the world. I would be grateful if you could read all of this, understand us better as people, then recommend what you think may suit us?

The problem is, we have been making preparations to leave the UK, but it is hard to find a country that seems to be the right fit. We want to find somewhere to live out the rest of our lives, somewhere we will be happy.

If I could list requirements and not to be intolerant, prejudice or hateful, but what we list is just the way we feel, what we are looking for and looking to avoid, could you recommend anything? I think it would be best for us to be honest even if our views arent politically correct, otherwise how can people recommend something suitable?

We are a young white british couple in our late twenties. We will both have degrees and work in IT, but would maybe like to teach. Conservative in morals but strong in our choice of morals (we generally keep our views to ourselves but have strong ones). We are more of the people, that agree in monogamy, homemaker and breadwinner, strong family values with children being nurtured instead of abandoned. We want to live in a conservative country, not as harsh as muslim culture, but in our opinion, they are more on the right tracks than liberal free loving countries in the west. We would like to live in a beautiful area, not too remote, but away from large cities. Somewhere with land to raise a family.

We disagree or dislike; homosexuality, children born outside of wedlock, the welfare state especially people getting pregnant as a teenager or being "disabled", political correctness and overbearing liberals, high crime rates/lack of respect of peoples property, dangerous dogs/pets that are uncontrolled and bylaws not enforced, profiling males as deviants and stripping away their legal rights, nanny states teaching children overtly sexual things at the wrong age or being arrogant in an overbearing way and various other problems.

I have had issues with africans/african-americans/carribeans and find them extremely racist on the most part. I dont care about peoples skin colour, but I dont want to move to a racist country that feels its acceptable to stone children just because they're white (one of the reasons why I wouldnt go back to the carribean, even though I could). The worst thing is, people dont even acknowledge racism against whites exist.

Requirements:
- We will be looking to adopt, so that needs to be an option.
- Need access to UK or similar/better healthcare as the other half has an eye condition that may need treatment or monitoring.
- Reasonable house prices.
- The ability to have only one parent working.

Countries we've ruled out (perhaps, for now):
- Canada: I do like it, have distant family already there, but for me, its too cold/damp/snowy, half the country is full of french people and it seems a bit boring. Looking at pictures of toronto's depressing concrete towers makes me feel suicidal.
- France: Everything about the french revolt me, nice country, Ideal in fact, shame about the inhabitants, cuisine, etc.
- Germany: I dont think I could ever bring myself to live in Germany because of past history.
- Japan: In our opinion, possibly the worst place in the world. We like some of the east and have had asian friends, but we hate evey aspect of the japaenese culture.
- Greece: Love the country and climate is nice (apart from dustorms), people are warm, but the main thing that killed this idea was the economic situation is so bad there.
- USA: I doubt we'd meet the requirements, even if we did, they are only a couple of decades behind the social decline the UK has.
- Italy: Just really dont like the people and although its nice, it isnt as great as everyone makes out in our opinion. We cant see why people love it so much.

Countries we like from what we've found out:
- Australia: Looks/sounds nice. They seem a bit liberal with their sexuality but nowehere near as bad as the west. Heard that attitudes to pms is going a bit sour and that concerns us. All the posionous creatures concern us, but hey. Have family near perth and adelaide.
- New Zealand: Out of everywhere, like the look of the Northland province the most, warm enough all year round. Everything we read and heard from kiwis we liked, such as their attitudes towards everything such as sexuality for instance. However, hearing some flippant comments lately about NZ being a police state has me worried. I dont want to move from one overbearing liberal westernised culture to another.
- Malaysia/Thialand: Only just realised in last few months, its easier than we thought to emigrate to. Unsure though as we cant find too much information and dont know people from those countries.

Any additional information or views on the countries we may like?

We really would appreciate input from everyone ...

Setanta

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 03:08 pm
Serbia.
contrex

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 03:08 pm
Speaking as a Brit, the sooner you get out of this country, the better. I don't want people like you in the same country as me. Why don't you try Libya?
Ceili

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 03:10 pm
We have enough nuts in Canada. Stay away.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 03:10 pm
@wim121,
wim121 wrote:
Countries we've ruled out (perhaps, for now):
- Canada: I do like it, have distant family already there, but for me, its too cold/damp/snowy, half the country is full of french people and it seems a bit boring. Looking at pictures of toronto's depressing concrete towers makes me feel suicidal.

Now that's really hilarious. We won't miss ya, Bubba.

Less than 25% of Canadians are native speakers of French. I'd rather have them for neighbors, though, than you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 03:13 pm
Va te foutre, espèce de con.
contrex

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 03:19 pm
What makes them think any country is going to want people like them? For one thing, the post is all about what they want from whatever country they go to, there is nothing at all about what they have to offer, any skills or qualifications or indeed any kind of positive attitude at all. Just a tirade of hate and prejudice and a gigantic admixture of poisonous ignorance and stupidity. I would have use the word "bovine" to characterise this last facet of their package of attributes, except that it would unfair and insulting to those gentle creatures, cows.

contrex

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 03:19 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Va te foutre, espèce de con.

Je pense que tu veux dire vas-tu faire foutre... mais je suis en accord avec le sentiment.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 03:20 pm
@wim121,
Your honesty is helpful, but I don't know what to say, as my needs are quite different. I'll cheerfully suggest Mars, but that's not useful.

Are you reasonably wealthy? You might fit in with the upper classes in some countries. I'm considering suggesting Singapore, but I don 't know enough about it and am thus probably being scurrilous to that city.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 03:51 pm
@wim121,
Let me suggest you travel back and time and move to 1934 Germany. You could join the Nazi party. Who knows? You might make some high ranking friends.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 04:01 pm
So, is this a spoof?
wim121

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 04:08 pm
@wim121,
Seeing a similar post I thought this might be a helpful forum, obviously not.

It's a shame no-one can focus on the subject and instead wants to force their opinions on others.

You are all entitled to your opinions, as am I.
wim121

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 04:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
Considering I hate the Germans for being so weak willed as to bow down to the Nazi's, that wouldnt be the best idea. I did actually state that.
wim121

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 04:11 pm
@contrex,
Why, so you can steal more of my tax money while you live it up on welfare?
0 Replies

wim121

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 04:13 pm
@contrex,
Not at all. All I did is state what we are NOT looking for.

Anything that falls outside of those realms is a possibility.

We all have things we dislike and like. This was supposed to be a serious topic and not about whether you like or dislike the same things that others do.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 04:14 pm
@wim121,
Okay, not a spoof.

Wim, you have apparent biases, large enough to mention, against huge numbers of humans.

If you were older, I might suggest some expat conclave with conservative views. On the other hand, such a place could possibly benefit from IT expertise. You could google that - expat conclaves with conservative views.

Backing up, some friends of mine are conservative, but they don't share your realm of biases. Still, perhaps a better fit than otherwise.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 04:20 pm
Luxembourg
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 04:23 pm
i'd like to visit Australia and New Zealand some day, please don't move there, i'd hate to run into you
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 04:26 pm
Seriously, how about South Africa?
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 04:33 pm
@wim121,
Move to Kansas and join the Westboro Baptist Church.