Recommend a country for us to emigrate to?

farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 05:23 am
@jcboy,
SOMALIA, you can get in on th ground floor of molding a nation to the way you like. Its already got a private enterprise system that would give any conservative drag queen a huge chubby.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 07:24 am
@wim121,
Australia is definitely NOT what you are looking for.
djjd62

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 07:27 am
@dlowan,
i don't know, i've seen Romper Stomper Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 07:58 am
I still think Serbia would be ideal. No brown-skinned people, no Catholics (they'd want to join the Orthodox Church, though), and there's lots of paramilitaries around to slaughter those with whom one disagrees.
contrex

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 09:32 am
@Setanta,
If the OP is really British, then I am a good ol' boy from Kentucky. Pardon me while I chaw down on a heaping big platter of chitlin's and grits! Would you please pass the biscuits?

electronicmail

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 11:15 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

If the OP is really British, then I am a good ol' boy from Kentucky.

The OP is a joker. I mean, read his opening gambit, no capitalization anywhere:

Quote:
young white british couple

Quote:
harsh as muslim culture

Quote:
I have had issues with africans/african-americans/carribeans

Quote:
We like some of the east and have had asian friends, but we hate evey aspect of the japaenese culture.

Quote:
heard from kiwis we liked

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 11:53 am
Yaknow what the really funny thing about this conversation is?

How few countries are left that are 'Conservative.' If you want to see a great example of how the world has progressed, it's the fact that people like this have nowhere to go.

Funniest part is this:

Quote:

- Need access to UK or similar/better healthcare as the other half has an eye condition that may need treatment or monitoring.

Guess what, sport: access to UK level or better health care is a function of Liberalism. You will never find HC that good without being in a country whose values don't match yours, because it is those values which lead to a robust HC system.

Instead of moving to a different country, have you tried, I dunno, being less of a Dick? That would be a lot cheaper and you'll be happier in the end.

Cycloptichorn
aidan

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 12:22 pm
@wim121,
I don't think you would do well as immigrants in another country. People who emigrate successfully to another country tend or need to be open-minded, flexible and adaptable. It doesn't sound as if you're any of those.
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 12:24 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Actually, they could probly move to central Kansas and do alright, of course theres the meth problem, and the IT opportunities lack.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 12:26 pm
@wayne,
hey now...
wayne

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 12:31 pm
@Rockhead,
I'm thinkin north of I-70, perhaps Beloit?
djjd62

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 12:49 pm
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:
The OP is a joker. I mean, read his opening gambit, no capitalization anywhere:

i rarely capitalize (i go through phases of trying to do it), but really, what's the point

the capitalization or lack there of is the least of the problems with the post
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 01:10 pm
I still think that Luxembourg would be your best choice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxembourg

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09465a.htm
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 01:14 pm
@wayne,
you mebbe don't realize it, being new and all, but we are the only state represented on a2k right now without a wacko conservative.

there's you, me, and Equus (wherever the hell he went).

the guvenator moved out to the desert where conservative wackos go when they grow up.

let's keep it that way, shall we...?
wayne

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 01:23 pm
@Rockhead,
LOL, sorry I should've sent em to Oklahoma.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 02:21 pm
They could move to Texas . . . then the average intelligence of both the United Kingdom and of Texas would increase . . .

(Just a joke, DD and EB, just a joke . . . )
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 02:32 pm
@Setanta,
He Mr. Green he Embarrassed hehe he hehe
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 03:02 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
the capitalization or lack there of is the least of the problems with the post

The way it is written makes me doubt very much that the writer is from the UK. For a start, as has been noted, the word "liberal" is used with its (more-or-less exclusively) US meaning (anybody politically to the left of Mussolini) whereas to Brits the word has two main meanings: a Liberal with a capital L is a member or supporter of the British Liberal Party, a centrist grouping currently in coalition government with the Conservative Party. A liberal with a small l, briefly put, is a person whose economic philosophy follows that of Adam Smith. Private property and individual contracts form the basis of classical economic liberalism. The early theory was based on the assumption that the economic actions of individuals are largely based on self-interest, (invisible hand) and that allowing them to act without any restrictions will produce the best results, (spontaneous order) provided that at least minimum standards of public information and justice exist, e.g., no-one should be allowed to coerce or steal.

Margaret Thatcher, hardly a left-winger, was accurately described as "an old-fashioned liberal of the Manchester School".

Also, Brits (of course) don't call black people "African-Americans". They tend not to call people from east Asia "Asians". So all in all I call fake. AQ trolling post written by and for Americans.
Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 03:16 pm
@contrex,
Good points, all. I suspect that this troll got more of a response than he/she/it bargained for. It may have just been an attempt to assess this site on the basis of a narrow reactionary view.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2011 03:39 pm
@djjd62,
I often don't capitalize countries or cities or religions or, or, or, or.. Then once in a while I do, lest I offend by not doing so. I should make up my mind.

(On the thread, I'm now firmly in the it's-a-spoof camp.)
0 Replies