Pierced out of work

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 09:34 am
Bi & Farmerman- OK, shake hands and go back to your respective corners.

Bottom line, people have the right to look as they please. It is true though, that in some professions, right or wrong, a certain appearance is a prerequisite for getting and holding a job in that particular field.

As long as an individual is cognizant of the of the "uniform" that is required for a certain jobs, I see no problem. And, IMO piercings are as de rigueur for the rock and roll field as three piece suits are for bankers.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 09:38 am
Farmerman, while it's true that in a typical "professional" environment having facial piercings and long hair isn't usually a smart idea, you're coming across like a pompous jackass. To say on the INTERNET to someone, "you don't have a clue about the professional world" because they have a lip ring or whatever is plain moronic. You made your point, the white collar jobs frown upon that look, and I think everyone here understands that and nobody is disagreeing that's the case..now stop digging yourself in a hole and making yourself look like a bigger moron.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 10:56 am
High praise is being called a moron by slappy Doo hoo, the doyen of decorum the god of good taste.

i DIDNT START THE COMPARISON OF THE SUBJECT COUNTY GOVT WITH MCARTHYISM.
If bibear needs reminding of the different worlds we travel, he doesnt need you to be his jack russell, twit
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 11:08 am
Yes farmerman different worlds, but not one better than the other because of the difference.

You seem to have a need to hold on to your superiority and the high ground. You can't. You don't own it, like it or not.

As far as your statement to Slappy is concerned, if you're going to make remarks that define others as moronic then you, I feel, are MUCH too smart not to realize that at least one person is going to find your remarks moronic.

Enjoy your world as I enjoy mine, but understand that our universes run parallel to one another.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 11:09 am
Go get whatever's stuck up your ass removed, sweetheart.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 11:12 am
de ja vue
Today's pierced generation is not much different than the "Put On" generation of the 1960s and 70s. The thing I loved the most about this generation (other than their passion for justice) was their sense of humor. Their afro size hairdos, long hair, beards, male earrings, colorful clothing, and ear-splitting music competing with gentle guitar strings and flutes, etc. was a part of their attempt to "put on" the older "up tight" generation. I loved the way they did it with a huge dose of shock-provoking humor and satire. They liked me because I understood what it was all about and played along with their big "put-on" theater even though I didn't copy their appearance costume.

I don't see much difference between that generation and today's. It's still a stick it in their eye put-on, and great fun---for them. And the more indignation they can raise the more fun it is.

But sometimes, someone has to say "hold on, this is creating a danger for you" and set some limits where appropriate. They are saying, "Hey fun is fun, but this is too high a price to pay and someone has to look out for your safety and your future."

I Like Dys more for his mind, character, and view of the world than his looks. I like Farmerman for his mind, his art and his humanity, not for his looks. I like By-Polar Bear for his mind, his spirit and his music, not his looks. In fact, all three of them are probably considered weird-looking, but I don't care. I like them anyway.

BBB
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 11:25 am
Thank you BBB and here's a ((((((Bear Hug)))))))))

That Slappy is a handsome devil too, woudn't you say?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 11:26 am
BBB has no taste whatsoever, thats why we are friends.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 11:27 am
btw squinney is TOTALLY anti piercings and tattoos....but both me and my cubs have piercings and my oldest (at home) has a tattoo......and she loves us nonetheless.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 11:31 am
BPB
BPB, I don't know about Slappy. I'm still looking for some redeeming quality about him but as I mellow out I'm sure something will turn up. :wink:

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 11:33 am
Dys
Dys, is it possible my taste in folks is affected by the jaw-breaker size ball pierced in my tongue?

BBB
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 11:37 am
no dear, its your driving a Volvo and associating with peeps like me. I understand medication can help.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 11:40 am
now for some reason the thought of getting my tongue pierced gives me the willies, along with my nipple. But I don't look down on anyone who does. There is no hierarchy in the deviant piercing sub culture. Rolling Eyes Razz Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 11:45 am
Quote:
now for some reason the thought of getting my tongue pierced gives me the willies, along with my nipple

Bi- See! You have a gut reaction like mine, and you are a piercer.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 11:47 am
BPB
BPB, I'm told---by those in the know---that tongue piercing is for upping oral sex sensations. Could this be true? Embarrassed

BBB
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 11:47 am
Yes but I don't think I'm on an higher plain than those who have those piercings....and I'm not refering to you phoenix.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 11:49 am
BBB that's what I hear...that the front tongue piercing is for cunnilingus and the back of the tongue is for fellatio....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 12:06 pm
Re: BPB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
BPB, I don't know about Slappy. I'm still looking for some redeeming quality about him but as I mellow out I'm sure something will turn up. :wink:

BBB

I can pat my head with my left hand and rub my stomach in a circular motion with my right hand, all while singing the Barney theme song.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 12:07 pm

Bi-Good grief- There must be an easier way. Shocked

As far as being on a "higher plane", I have not placed value judgments on any of it.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 12:10 pm
and if you examine my post you'll see that I specifically said I was not speaking of you......kiss kiss....
0 Replies