Pierced out of work

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 09:12 am
"It's our belief that facial jewlery does not present the professional appearance we want our employees to have when dealing with the public," said Deputy County Administrator (Orange County-Orlando Florida). Administrators have decided that 3 ear rings per lobe is the limit (none above mid-lobe) also banned are facial jewlery through eyebrows, nose rings or tongue studs.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,446 • Replies: 117
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 10:22 am
rats!
Rats! Does this mean I can't have a tea strainer pierced on my upper lip to dangle down for keeping stray tea leaves off of my teeth?

BBB
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 10:37 am
But the employees may wear diapers to keep them at their jobs without a break for more hours. (A store in Brazil, I think).
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 10:44 am
Greyhound banned something (a hairstyle?) on the same grounds several decades ago. They were taken to court, and lost.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 11:15 am
Hmmm........
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 11:18 am
It's horsesh** IMO. Just another sign of America swinging back to the Eisenhower/McCarthy era.

Christmas Eve at Food Lion a guy with enough metal in his face to make a WMD was working the checkout counter and handled the very food I ate and served to my family and friends on Christmas Day. 24 hours later and no one is down with any cootie contracted diseases.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 01:19 pm
Bi- But one must consider delicate constitutions. If I were there with you, and saw the gentleman with all the metal, I probably would have barfed over all the food, and that would not be good for Food Lion's PR! Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 02:00 pm
Personally I deplore the colour purple, sweat suits and spandex. There oughta be a law. (Oh yeah I almost forgot-golf carts should be banned from public rights-of-way, not to mention blue hair!!!!)
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 02:14 pm
I once dated a girl who on a whim died her short blonde hair cobalt blue. I share the common areas of my condo with 145 other units, made up mostly of senior citizens. When my neighbors saw "that nice young man" with the blue haired girl, I thought they were going to chit themselves. I LMAO. It got even better when one of her boobs slipped out of her top when she fell asleep at the pool, in a thong bikini. She woke up with a semi circle of old men 2 rows deep sitting around her!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 02:20 pm
OccomBill- I am glad that everything turned out all right. Your friend could have given one of the old geezers a coronary! Laughing
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 02:54 pm
You got that right Phoenix. Oh, and by the way dyslexia; I suspect you'd approve of this one wearing purple spandex too! :wink:
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 03:11 pm
I disagree with all of the posters on this thread ('cept the jokey ones) even regretfully with my friend the Bear.

If I ran a serious office NO WAY would anyone with facial ironmongery get to meet the public/ customers. I totally concur with this initiative.

Why? If they are not happy with the way they look, if they think they can improve on Nature's handiwork, or even if they are making a statement or trying to work out a problem, they should take it elsewhere. And NOT on the payroll.

BTW I do work in a "serious office", and there's no-one there out of 200 employees who would flicker the needle on a metal-detector.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 03:17 pm
McTag- I was horsing around, but I definitely agree with you. To me there is nothing so unprofessional as a person who has metal sticking all over his/her face. Pierced tongues really gross me out.

If a person wants to look like the 21st century version of the Tin Man, let them wear those things on their own time.............but not at work, unless they work in an entertainment venue that attracts the type of people that wear that stuff!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 03:28 pm
you use the term "that type of people" in the same tone that old southerners use with the "n" word phoenix...I'm truly surprised.....I guess if you ever host an A2K get together I'll be unwelcome with my piercings....even though I'm the same Bear with or without......
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 03:36 pm
Quote:
that type of people

Bi- I have looked all over my posts on this thread, and nowhere did I see where I wrote that phrase.

What I said was:

Quote:
"......let them wear those things on their own time.............but not at work....."

If I met you at an A2K gathering, I would be happy to see you...........metal or no metal. Very Happy
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 03:41 pm
If a person wants to look like the 21st century version of the Tin Man, let them wear those things on their own time.............but not at work, unless they work in an entertainment venue that attracts the type of people that wear that stuff![/color][/b][/quote]

last sentence...that type of people...read 'em and weep.....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 03:58 pm
Bi- OK, you got me on that one. But it was not meant as a slur. Sorry that you took it that way. Sad
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 04:51 pm
(((((((((((((((((((((((bearhugforphoenix)))))))))))))))))))

I still love you...we types are loving and forgiving :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 05:03 pm
btw I was never offended to begin with...just slipping the needle in for sport.......sort of like in my lip....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 05:37 pm
Bi-youre in a business that is full of 'those kinds" you know , entertainment types. I run an engineering company > we have rules that go to piercings and visible tatoos.
Ive got tatoos that cannot show even on casual days. i will not abide any more ear jewelry than one in each ear and no face metal that wasnt put there for medical reasons. Its my company and Ive got lots of people waiting with resumes that meet my criteria.
I cannot have professionals looking like Goth androids, sorry, its not acceptable at all.
Youll find that there are more companies like mine than second hand cD stores.
The deppidy county administrator is right. this is not a negotiable item.
0 Replies