If someone is against abortion...

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 02:45 pm
why would they be pushing cuts to funding for birth control?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 14 • Views: 5,865 • Replies: 65

Ceili

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 02:54 pm
Every sperm is sacred... I kid you not.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 03:37 pm
@Ceili,
I have already been kidded, three times to be exact, and I am grateful for each of them. But let's get back to the topic.

Is there anyone on either side of the issue who believes that condoms aren't much much better than abortions?

sahanley

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 03:59 pm
@maxdancona,
the underlying principle to all those related topics, is that we should not to anything to interfere with procreation; ie wear condoms, or murder babies.
Ceili

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 04:01 pm
The pope, unless you're a male prostitute in africa.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 04:45 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

They hate both abortion and birth control even when they can't give justice to the ones they have alive... You may not have recognized this fact, but humanity all over the world walks in women's shoes... Women have children out of love of men, and then they feel the need to support them which means they, and the price of keeping their children alive sets the minimum wage, which are the wages of slavery... Men take care of themselves and women, and the exploitation of women drives all profit and technological advancement... People do not want women to have children because they love children, but because they crave money, because women with little mouths to feed are the key to easy profit...Do you see it??? A man's wages cannot support a family and can barely support the man; but the wages of women must serve to support her and her children, not well, not nearly well, but just barely, or both die...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 04:49 pm
@sahanley,
sahanley wrote:

the underlying principle to all those related topics, is that we should not to anything to interfere with procreation; ie wear condoms, or murder babies.
It ain't murder until the foetus can be defined as a person, and the only ones still living off others in this country so defined are republican or capitalist what ever the difference may be... It may still be a sin; but the injured party is the one who must destroy her own life to have any quality of life... No one kills their own for themselves... The do it for those with the money
boomerang

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 05:02 pm
@maxdancona,
I think it's simply that they don't want to pay for someone else's birth control, not that they're against birth control.

It's the whole "if you can't afford a baby you shouldn't have sex" deal waged by people who forgot they were ever young and wanted to have lots of sex.
sahanley

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 05:27 pm
@boomerang,
why should the rest of us take food away from our families to pay for something that is someone else responsibility? Is is fair to take away from my responsiblities to make up for someone else's issues? My children should get less food, less holiday gifts, less education, less everything? if someone feels so strongly about something, then they should put THEIR money up for it.
0 Replies

sahanley

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 05:28 pm
@Fido,
tell yourself whatever you need to hear, but it is ending a life.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 05:34 pm
@sahanley,
Sahanley,

You are contradicting yourself.

If you believe that abortion is a horrible thing i.e. the ending of a human life, why wouldn't you be willing to help people buy condoms? It takes $2 to prevent an abortion. If you really are against abortion, don't you think this is worth the price?

I am in the "safe, legal and rare" camp. I believe that spending money as a society to prevent unwanted pregnancies (which also prevents abortions) is will worth the cost.

If I believed that abortion was as really murder, I would be even more willing to spend money to prevent them.
sahanley

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 08:09 pm
@maxdancona,
No, I don't think it should be my $2. If someone wants to have sex without the chance of getting someone pregnant, then let them use their own $2 or don't do it. It's no contradiction, it's about personal responsibility and not being a burden to others. How is it fair and just for society to pay for it? I don't want to stop anyone from doing anything, but do it on your own dime. There are cases that society does need to step in and help people, like a mentally or physcially challenged child born to a family that can not afford the very expensive care that child needs. But that is not anyone's fault and could not be prevented (in most cases), it just happened and we as a society need to help those people. 2 people deciding to have sex is totally a controllable event on their part, so let them be responsible for it.
Ionus

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 08:15 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
It ain't murder until the foetus can be defined as a person
Who defines who is a person and what criteria do they use ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 08:16 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
why wouldn't you be willing to help people buy condoms?
People cant afford condoms ? Perhaps the money might be better spent buying them food .
msolga

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 08:30 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:

Because they think the rhythm method works really well?
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 08:46 pm
@maxdancona,
Because they think they are better at making choices for other people than the government they protest against for allowing people to make their own choices.

Because they think they shouldn't have to pay for the reproductive choices for others, even though they believe everyone should have to pay for the military action choices of a few -- both of which may kill a child.

Because they think government should stay out of their private lives even though they want the government to legislate who can adopt a child, who can marry each other, and what sexuality people must conform to.
msolga

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 08:46 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
rhythm method

(for those of you who are too young to know, that's when you abstain from sexual activity at certain times of a woman's monthly cycle & replace it with ballroom dancing instead. A tried & true natural method of contraception from the mid-20th century.)
maxdancona

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 08:50 pm
@msolga,
Do you know what the term is for couples that use the Rhythm Method of birth control?
msolga

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 08:51 pm
@maxdancona,
No, what is it, Max?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2011 08:52 pm
@maxdancona,
Beatniks.
0 Replies